+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yeah, Citizen’s Nephew has been a good addition to the board and I enjoy reading his stuff - also, my admiration for him has increased having read about his personal circumstances. Dunno what the argument between him and xsnaggle is all about, but the latter’s response at 14.51 comes over really poorly if you read the message he’s replying to.
    Try rading all his posts ansd who made snide and 'mental issue' comments first. His mental health thing is a tactic he has usedc in the past.
    It is bullshit.
    I stand by that!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You keep mentioning bullying and I really can't help seeing this as projection. I'm certainly not perfectly OK. Far from it and would never presume to suggest that. You do have anger issues and every time you're challenged you get angry whilst protesting you're not. Just get someone to read your posts back to you and give you feedback.

I have had and will have tons of psychotherapy. I can highly recommend it. I know that my posts can sometimes read in a very patronising way - but I explained to you when I first started posting here that I struggle because of severe brain damage (which is why your recent comment was in such poor taste). I hardly use a keyboard because I can't type so use assisted tech. and agonizingly pour over each post because they take so much effort and which has now created a level of OCD.

I spend time trying to help people on here with tech issues, support for mental health, anything really I feel I can help with, If I f*ck up I'll apologise. None of this stuff is the behaviour of a bully is it? Think about this. Even what I'm putting the energy into now, isn't. Think about it.

When I first came on the board I was like a kid in a candy store. I hadn't communicated to strangers online for 10 years, I explained this to you. But only after you'd followed me around on this board in a scarily trolling way to make snide comments and unwelcome/unfriendly comments to other posters about me. You very nearly succeeded in hounding me off. But I'm the bully?

I was really badly affected by it. Fot all kinds of reasons. But I came back and I've tried to build bridges but still you attack me. Why? I think you've got this one wrong xsnaggle and whatever is going on isn't about me or what I say but it's about something else going on.

You're going to have to deal with it. It's painful stuff but it's worth it because I guarantee you're knocking years off your life expectancy by getting this worked up.

I'm a Trekkie. Huge fan. So I genuinely mean it when I say 'Live long and prosper'.
    You're b oring me now, I'n not even going to try to read all that crap. I did notice 1 comment though, about foloowing you round and trolling you, I've never done that to anyone and you will struggle to demonstrate it, unless of course you are jirga as well, under another of his 20+ names on here.
    Go away and leave me alone, there's a good boy.

Heavy lunch at Wetherspoon's was it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Try rading all his posts ansd who made snide and 'mental issue' comments first. His mental health thing is a tactic he has usedc in the past.
    It is bullshit.
    I stand by that!
    Do you not think that maybe he does have mental health issues (nothing to be embarrassed about by the way), and he's being incredibly brave for putting them on here? Or, do you think he's making it all up?

Oh, just read your angry reply again, yes you think he's lying. Why do you project yourself onto so many posters?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just wanted to say to everyone that I apologise for hijacking this thread to deal with some issues but in my position and the life I lead I'm always going to have to defend myself for my own self-esteem otherwise the mental health fallout can be crushing. I'm drawing a line under this and am not looking for any dialogue but felt I wanted and needed to say something. *signing out of this thread*
    No need to apologise mate, it's not the first time xsnaggle has sent a thread off tangent and it won't be the last. If you want to avoid him though (although there really is no need), just stick to the football posts. He doesn't get involved in them at all.

Citizen’s Nephew is a decent contributor, long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Never take anything that seriously on this board mate, it’s just people’s opinions and they all tend to be different. It can be hard sometimes I guess after 20 yrs of posting without changing my username I reckon I’m immune to almost anything anyone says on here….:
    Thanks Mr G. Well, I reckon you should develop that immune response and turn it into a vaccine because I'd definitely buy one. You'd make a fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Yeah, keep posting whatever you like.

Don't be put off by the guy (not) from Azerbaijan.

He'll be calling you a "keyboard warrior" at some point.

It's an internet message board: everyone needs to remember that from time-to-time.
    Cheers! It's ironic too isn't it? I'm may be the only one who doesn't use a keyboard to post (the occasional one-fingered iPhone attempt is the exception).

On the 6th of August 2nd dose vaccine rates across nations within the UK were:

Wales: 82.9%
    Scotland: 74.5%
    England: 73.6%
    Northern Ireland: 74.2%

On the 9th of August 2nd does vaccine rates were:

Wales: 83.4% (+0.5%)
    Scotland: 75.6% (+1.1%)
    England: 74.5% (+0.9%)
    Northern Ireland: 75.3% (+1.1%)

At what point do we pick up on the fact that when Drakeford first announced 7th of August as potential Code Zero date he hoped for 85% of adults doubled jabbed but we look a few days off that still with progress definitely slowed?

Is this why Boris Johnson has threatened vaccine passports?

Is this why we're seeing stories such as this in the press? "Hospitalised dad who turned down vaccine urges others to get jab": https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...thers-get-jab/

One jab is good (every nation but Northern Ireland progress has slowed now) but two jabs are needed for higher chance of increased and longer lasting protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    You were kind to me last week.
    I’d like to return the favour and wish you all the best!!
    Appreciated. Very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    No need to apologise mate, it's not the first time xsnaggle has sent a thread off tangent and it won't be the last. If you want to avoid him though (although there really is no need), just stick to the football posts. He doesn't get involved in them at all.
    Cheers! He's reached the heady heights of being the first person I've ever put on 'ignore' so I'm hoping he does the same (though my first attempt came up with the message 'you can't ignore yourself!' which I think is positive discrimination!. Anyway, time to move on.

I wonder if phase 3 of the " show " has started

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    On the 6th of August 2nd dose vaccine rates across nations within the UK were:

Wales: 82.9%
    Scotland: 74.5%
    England: 73.6%
    Northern Ireland: 74.2%

On the 9th of August 2nd does vaccine rates were:

Wales: 83.4% (+0.5%)
    Scotland: 75.6% (+1.1%)
    England: 74.5% (+0.9%)
    Northern Ireland: 75.3% (+1.1%)

At what point do we pick up on the fact that when Drakeford first announced 7th of August as potential Code Zero date he hoped for 85% of adults doubled jabbed but we look a few days off that still with progress definitely slowed?

Is this why Boris Johnson has threatened vaccine passports?

Is this why we're seeing stories such as this in the press? "Hospitalised dad who turned down vaccine urges others to get jab": https://www.thenational.wales/news/1...thers-get-jab/

One jab is good (every nation but Northern Ireland progress has slowed now) but two jabs are needed for higher chance of increased and longer lasting protection.
    There's no doubt that the uptake has slowed amongst younger people. One thing I didn't realise until last month was how difficult it can be to get a jab as a student. One of my grandchildren is in Uni at Bristol and being from Wales was told he would have to go to Cwmbran Vaccination centre for the jab.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    There's no doubt that the uptake has slowed amongst younger people. One thing I didn't realise until last month was how difficult it can be to get a jab as a student. One of my grandchildren is in Uni at Bristol and being from Wales was told he would have to go to Cwmbran Vaccination centre for the jab.
    Surely, Bristol to Cwmbran which is only 37 miles, with all transport now available and no restrictions, to get vaccinated to benefit your health and those of others isn’t a problem?

I’ve read somewhere that during the midst of the pandemic someone wanted to travel the 42 miles between Cardiff and Brecon for a pack of lamb chops.

It still makes me wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Surely, Bristol to Cwmbran which is only 37 miles, with all transport now available and no restrictions, to get vaccinated to benefit your health and those of others isn’t a problem?

I’ve read somewhere that during the midst of the pandemic someone wanted to travel the 42 miles between Cardiff and Brecon for a pack of lamb chops.

It still makes me wonder?
    Two points.

The first regarding students. I gave an example and you seem to think travelling 30+ miles for a jab is OK. I think it's Wales bureaucracy gone mad. Why couldn't he have a jab in Bristol. Multiple that by the number of students studying away from Wales and you can maybe see why there is a degree of inertia amongst the younger group.

My point on travelling to Brecon for meat was related to the stupid Drakeford rules about travelling no more than 5 miles from home. Frank Atherton has since said such local restrictions were not effective.
    I said that whilst travelling to Brecon from Cardiff alone in a car I would not be able to catch or pass on the virus. WAG thought the risk was from people moving from area to area and spreading it on arrival so best stay local.

However I was allowed to travel from my home in North Cardiff to Cathays to shop, when at the time, Cathays had one of the highest incidence in Wales, probably related to the student population.

Made no sense then, makes no sense now, and is another example of the dictatorial attitude of our First Minister

Everytime you defend and justify the Brecon meat issue it looks worse.

I dont get how someone residing as a student in England cant get a jab in England though.

Looking at the rules in Wales for students from outside Wales if youve registered with a GP the GP will contact you for a jab. If you havent registered if you contact the Local Authority yourself if your not Welsh then a jab will be arranged.

So dont see any issues at all with arrangements for students in Wales.

If the rules in England are different and im not convinced they are I dont see how thats the Welsh Govts fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Looking at the rules in Wales for students from outside Wales if youve registered with a GP the GP will contact you for a jab. If you havent registered if you contact the Local Authority yourself if your not Welsh then a jab will be arranged.

So dont see any issues at all with arrangements for students in Wales.

If the rules in England are different and im not convinced they are I dont see how thats the Welsh Govts fault.
    https://thetab.com/uk/bristol/2021/0...to-do-it-46510

Thought so.

Misinformation verbally or by social media is more of an issue than Welsh Govt bureaucracy regarding getting access to or taking a jab.

Thought so.

Misinformation verbally or by social media is more of an issue than Welsh Govt bureaucracy regarding getting access to or taking a jab.
    You can say what you like. The fact is that he was invited by the NHS to attend at Cwmbran to get a jab. He also had to go there to get his second shot.

You can say what you like. The fact is that he was invited by the NHS to attend at Cwmbran to get a jab. He also had to go there to get his second shot.
    So was he registered to a doctor in Cwmbran?
    That would explain why he was invited there as how would they know that he was away at uni in bristol?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    So was he registered to a doctor in Cwmbran?
    That would explain why he was invited there as how would they know that he was away at uni in bristol?
    He has nothing to do with Cwmbran. His home address is in Chepstow.

I just spoke to him on the phone and asked why he didn't go to Bristol as per the communication you referred to. He didn't know about it, and looking into it we note the date of it is is 16 June,. He said term ended on 21 June, so hardly any time to action anyway.

He has nothing to do with Cwmbran. His home address is in Chepstow.

I just spoke to him on the phone and asked why he didn't go to Bristol as per the communication you referred to. He didn't know about it, and looking into it we note the date of it is is 16 June,. He said term ended on 21 June, so hardly any time to action anyway.
    Sounds to me as though he wasnt told he had to go to Cwmbran. He was invited to go there from his GP records.

I think its likely he made no effort to find out if he could have one in Bristol ( no critism of him I would probably have waited for my invite as well) and if he had it could have been arranged.

What is clear that students can get their jabs local to their uni.

Sounds to me as though he wasnt told he had to go to Cwmbran. He was invited to go there from his GP records.

I think its likely he made no effort to find out if he could have one in Bristol ( no critism of him I would probably have waited for my invite as well) and if he had it could have been arranged.

What is clear that students can get their jabs local to their uni.
    For the record the university correspondence you referenced stated that jabs were available from 23 June. Bristol Uni summer term ended 21 June. If he had stayed in Bristol after that maybe he could have got one, who knows.

The 'invitation' from the NHS for a jab specified Cwmbran Vaccination centre. My other grandson in Cardiff uni also had to have his jabs there.

However, the main thing as far as Im concerned is that they have both been vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/statu...188929026?s=19

very interesting thread on the current situation with covid in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/chrischirp/statu...188929026?s=19

very interesting thread on the current situation with covid in the UK
    Don't understand her comments about cases decreasing in under 20s, when her chart clearly shows cases increasing in all sub-sections of under 20s.