+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If it’s not mild we will all be in lockdown again for January at least…..
    January 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    January 5th.
    3 months? Best pop to the pub now coz there won’t be any left by the summer

3 months? Best pop to the pub now coz there won’t be any left by the summer
    I think January 5th is the 1st day back for most after the holidays, perhaps 4th. No way will they impose a lockdown before Christmas because most people won't comply, and hospitality will be wrecked. After Christmas the morons will assume everyone has had as much travel, booze and food as they can take, so will be more compliant. Also the morons can take credit for 'allowing' Christmas.

Top South African doctor saying symptoms of omicron are mild….could be the best present anyone gets this Christmas

Top South African doctor saying symptoms of omicron are mild….could be the best present anyone gets this Christmas
    I'm beginning to form the opinion that this news might disappoint some of our lectern hoggers..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm beginning to form the opinion that this news might disappoint some of our lectern hoggers..

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Hoping that Omicron is the beginning of the end of Covid (As a big issue anyway).
    Very transmisable and so far very mild.
    Me too. It is the natural end-game for a virus really. A mild one coming in to dominate might actually be good news overall.

I have to admit, there does seem to have been a rapid escalation in the last week or so. Where there might have been people getting isolated incidents, whole groups suddenly seem to be taken out. In our work, all of a sudden I'm having 3-5 colleagues a day testing positive (despite the last-minute cancellation of any Christmas parties etc). A mate of mine has said the same thing - an entire department of 7 people all tested positive on the same day. Projects are getting put on hold all over the place because people are out with it - I've personally not seen it have this effect before.

I myself currently have it (classic version it seems, rather than variant). Had I contracted it 6 months ago I'd be at a loss to guess where it came from as nobody I knew was contracting it. Whereas now, I am at a loss to guess where it came from as it could be from multiple sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Me too. It is the natural end-game for a virus really. A mild one coming in to dominate might actually be good news overall.

I have to admit, there does seem to have been a rapid escalation in the last week or so. Where there might have been people getting isolated incidents, whole groups suddenly seem to be taken out. In our work, all of a sudden I'm having 3-5 colleagues a day testing positive (despite the last-minute cancellation of any Christmas parties etc). A mate of mine has said the same thing - an entire department of 7 people all tested positive on the same day. Projects are getting put on hold all over the place because people are out with it - I've personally not seen it have this effect before.

I myself currently have it (classic version it seems, rather than variant). Had I contracted it 6 months ago I'd be at a loss to guess where it came from as nobody I knew was contracting it. Whereas now, I am at a loss to guess where it came from as it could be from multiple sources.
    good luck with it, appears to be everywhere again

Lockdown restrictions extended in Holland

The problem of something being very transmissible while being “mild” is even if it’s 10 times as mild but 100 times as transmissible we still end up in the same situation.

Get your booster and stay safe everyone. Hopefully this is the first sign of it becoming endemic but I feel like we’ve a rough few weeks ahead.

The roll out of boosters to vulnerable and old people seems to have gone well at least and should hopefully help a lot. I’m surprised it hasn’t been open in Wales yet to younger people. I’m early 30s and got mine today.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The problem of something being very transmissible while being “mild” is even if it’s 10 times as mild but 100 times as transmissible we still end up in the same situation.

Get your booster and stay safe everyone. Hopefully this is the first sign of it becoming endemic but I feel like we’ve a rough few weeks ahead.

The roll out of boosters to vulnerable and old people seems to have gone well at least and should hopefully help a lot. I’m surprised it hasn’t been open in Wales yet to younger people. I’m early 30s and got mine today.
    The head of The company which makes the Moderna vaccine told a Committee of MPs yesterday that he’s dubious currently about claims that Omicron is a milder version of Covid, although he did say he expected good news regarding the use of the Moderna vaccine as a booster to be announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The head of The company which makes the Moderna vaccine told a Committee of MPs yesterday that he’s dubious currently about claims that Omicron is a milder version of Covid, although he did say he expected good news regarding the use of the Moderna vaccine as a booster to be announced soon.
    I hope so I had moderna yesterday, currently awake because I’m ****ing boiling which I assume is a side effect of it.

Data from South Africa does look promising but that’s ignoring their high level of natural immunity, they got smashed by delta.

We need to keep an eye on Denmark really.

As I said even if it is milder it isn’t a massive positive if 10 times the number of people start getting infected. The only “positive” I suppose is it would be a very short wave as it would burn through loads of the population in a matter of weeks.

I wouldn’t want to be unvaccinated right about now!

I guess how badly it affects the un vaccinated lot will be the main thing, as they appear to be clogging up the hospitals already, hopefully the most vulnerable have all had a booster (over 50) by now. Got mine tomorrow.

I hope so I had moderna yesterday, currently awake because I’m ****ing boiling which I assume is a side effect of it.

Data from South Africa does look promising but that’s ignoring their high level of natural immunity, they got smashed by delta.

As I said even if it is milder it isn’t a massive positive if 10 times the number of people start getting infected. The only “positive” I suppose is it would be a very short wave as it would burn through loads of the population in a matter of weeks.

Does have the Delta variant before have any bearing on this one though? I thought it didn’t? ie no immunity from it with previous antibodies…..

Had mine yesterday, Moderna, arm more sore than with AZ and a bit warm......better than the alternative though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He might well suggest that though, not that I completely doubt it. Anyone seen Dopesick on Netflix, it’s all about prescription drug called OxyContin around 1998/2000….absolutely unbelievable stuff going on.

If even slightly milder then it's another step towards this becoming an endemic virus.

We have vaccines, we have booster programmes, we have fairly high proportions of the population with natural infection and immunity.

New anti viral drugs are on the way.

The hope is it continues to become a milder disease, the longer t cell response helps avoid the worst illness.

It's not feasible to continue to shut down society or to divert huge amounts of resources just to covid. What is the plan to clear the ridiculous backlog of treatments and operations?

What have the government in the bay and Westminster really done to plan for this future where you can't continually firefight something that isn't going anywhere?

Does have the Delta variant before have any bearing on this one though? I thought it didn’t? ie no immunity from it with previous antibodies…..
    That’s what I’m not clear on but I think that’s what people are saying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-59659083

There is "significant confusion" over walk-in boosters in Wales, a Plaid Cymru Senedd member has said.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-know-22464981

Interesting stuff….the UK Government and media in overdrive scaremongering it appears, well I never!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...-know-22464981

Interesting stuff….the UK Government and media in overdrive scaremongering it appears, well I never!
    I hope you’re right. We’ll have to see how well this post ages in the next few weeks.

Chris 'Doom' Whitty tried to dismiss the South African opinions in his responses this evening.

He was not very convincing. Claiming we should not rely on results from SA because they are better vaccinated. When I don't think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Chris 'Doom' Whitty tried to dismiss the South African opinions in his responses this evening.

He was not very convincing. Claiming we should not rely on results from SA because they are better vaccinated. When I don't think they are.
    Easier to be over cautious

Over cautious the government gets the flack
    Under cautious it lands back on the scientists if wrong

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Easier to be over cautious

Over cautious the government gets the flack
    Under cautious it lands back on the scientists if wrong
    The fact they are keeping everything open speaks volumes to me. As I mentioned in an earlier thread they appear to be taking a more realistic common sense dealing with it type of approach. I don't think they think it's as serious a strain.