+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Chris 'Doom' Whitty tried to dismiss the South African opinions in his responses this evening.

He was not very convincing. Claiming we should not rely on results from SA because they are better vaccinated. When I don't think they are.
    I didn’t get that, saying they had more immunity due to be hit hard by Delta. Surely we had it worse here? And aren’t Delta and Omicron different anyway? Think they only have 30% vaccinated?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59686996

The EFL had issued guidance in July around two 'green' and 'red' protocols. Clubs have been following 'green' protocols of daily screening for symptoms, with stricter 'red' protocols, including testing, only triggered by any local outbreaks, further restrictions imposed by the government - as has happened in recent days.

Attendance at first-team training grounds to be limited only to players and essential staff.

Daily lateral flow testing for all first-team players and staff, subject to supply chain availability.

PCR tests to be taken by any player or member of staff who displays Covid-19 symptoms or has received a positive lateral flow test.

All players and staff (with the exception of medical staff providing treatment) to maintain physical distancing at all times when not in training.

No player or staff member to be within 2m of another player or staff member for 15 minutes or more.

Face coverings to be worn at all times in indoor training spaces.

Closure of poorly-ventilated gym spaces where social distancing cannot be maintained.

Staggered use of club kitchen and dining facilities with minimal staffing numbers.

No media attendance at training grounds, with all pre-match conferences to be held virtually.

Some of these were being relaxed just 10 days ago. Now being ramped up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59689043

Covid patient waited 40 hours in Cardiff hospital A&E

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59689043

Covid patient waited 40 hours in Cardiff hospital A&E
    Seems a bit bizarre, why wasn’t he taken straight to the new covid ward? Why a&e? That picture he took on the floor isn’t the new unit for covid patients. There aren’t many patients in it either……

Restrictions kicking in for hospitality on the 27th then I think they are saying

Had been very tentatively encouraged by some of the reports about the new variant potentially being less deadly. Just read that the charlatan t*sser ferguson has predicted 5,00 deaths a day. Considering him and his soppy little models have been completely and utterly wrong every time, I'm taking that as further positive!!

Hopefully if everyone gets their boosters, this can be the beginning of the end of covid. By all accounts, the new therapeutics are still pretty effective against the new variant aswell

In amongst the cautious optimism re: effect of Omicron variant on herd immunity, comes a cautionary report.

Many had the Pfizer 1 and 2 jab, and even more the Pfizer booster (including myself). But what may Pfizer have to hide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N37R...l=KalkineMedia

What does Pfitzer have to hide?

Quote Originally Posted by Once U shop, U can't stop View Post
    In amongst the cautious optimism re: effect of Omicron variant on herd immunity, comes a cautionary report.

Many had the Pfizer 1 and 2 jab, and even more the Pfizer booster (including myself). But what may Pfizer have to hide?

There will undoubtedly be side affects, but if they were in any great numbers I don't think it would be possible to hide them.
    I think the regulators have actually been quite stringent in terms of safety. Lots of focus on the az and j+j vaccines , they haven't been afraid to restrict use and temporarily halt use when investigations are needed.

Kalkine Media and Trial Site News.

Who are these people?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Kalkine Media and Trial Site News.

Who are these people?
    I don't know but they generate a ton of videos with about an average of 50 views each. Definitely trustworthy

What does Pfizer have to hide?
    This is quite a misleading video, and dangerous too in that it potentially could turn people off having the vaccine.

Both the Pfizer and AZ vaccines were given emergency approval by both US FDA and UK MHRA in order to meet an urgent need..ie protect against Covid. This is why they were available so quickly. Since then there has been ongoing monitoring of vaccines regarding efficacy and safety. The Pfizer vaccine has now been fully approved ie fully licensed by FDA, MHRA and many countries worldwide.

With a quick google search of FDA, Pfizer vaccine or MHRA Pfizer vaccine you will be able to download Pfizer's data sheet of product information. The issues of myocarditis in young people and use in pregnancy are clearly laid out.

There is nothing being hidden at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    This is quite a misleading video, and dangerous too in that it potentially could turn people off having the vaccine.

Both the Pfizer and AZ vaccines were given emergency approval by both US FDA and UK MHRA in order to meet an urgent need..ie protect against Covid. This is why they were available so quickly. Since then there has been ongoing monitoring of vaccines regarding efficacy and safety. The Pfizer vaccine has now been fully approved ie fully licensed by FDA, MHRA and many countries worldwide.

With a quick google search of FDA, Pfizer vaccine or MHRA Pfizer vaccine you will be able to download Pfizer's data sheet of product information. The issues of myocarditis in young people and use in pregnancy are clearly laid out.

There is nothing being hidden at all.
    Quite a lot of pregnant women ending up in hospital with covid now too, probably as a result of the negative press having not been vaccinated.

"This is quite a misleading video, and dangerous too in that it potentially could turn people off having the vaccine."

That's the entire point of the video. I suspect the poster who posted it has other accounts on here with reputations of being conspiracy-friendly.

Anyone know what’s the point of France and now Germany banning uk tourists? Omicron is already there spreading on its own and anyone who did travel would have to have a negative test anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "This is quite a misleading video, and dangerous too in that it potentially could turn people off having the vaccine."

That's the entire point of the video. I suspect the poster who posted it has other accounts on here with reputations of being conspiracy-friendly.
    Funny you should say that, I was thinking exactly the same. Wonder what his views on Donald Trump are?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone know what’s the point of France and now Germany banning uk tourists? Omicron is already there spreading on its own and anyone who did travel would have to have a negative test anyway?
    The Germans regard the UK as a country of high risk. There are other countries on the same list such as France, Denmark and Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Funny you should say that, I was thinking exactly the same. Wonder what his views on Donald Trump are?
    It's not that Q Anon guy who's disappeared who kept insisting that Trump would win then Trump would be back is it? I miss him

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The Germans regard the UK as a country of high risk. There are other countries on the same list such as France, Denmark and Norway.
    Even though it will be just as bad there in a week or two? Ok for us to go back in then I guess…..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It's not that Q Anon guy who's disappeared who kept insisting that Trump would win then Trump would be back is it? I miss him
    Rogerstone blue I think his name was - no, you could say that the bloke I was thinking of was more prolific than him.

Even though it will be just as bad there in a week or two? Ok for us to go back in then I guess….
    It makes perfect sense for other countries to stop UK tourists travelling when our own politicians are talking in terms of a state of emergency and a tsunami of infections heading our way.

Politics, France loves to point score, especially now, Nothing to do with us leaving the EU, at all

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It makes perfect sense for other countries to stop UK tourists travelling when our own politicians are talking in terms of a state of emergency and a tsunami of infections heading our way.
    Same over there? Just stop all international travel until it’s done?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Politics, France loves to point score, especially now, Nothing to do with us leaving the EU, at all
    They sure do, kick off about almost anything dont they….

They sure do, kick off about almost anything dont they….
    They sure do, we roll over and take it. Wish we were a bit more like them, maybe it’s the legacy of a successful revolution.