+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

As someone who naturally tends to be on the side of what Sage is recommending and has been thinking we need to take more action in the face of Omicron, I do believe that the lines about South Africa’s younger population and a larger degree of immunity from previous infections put forward by British science doesn’t fully explain official figures like these from South Africa regarding omicron hospitalisations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ave-much-lower

I accept that it’s still relatively early to draw firm conclusions from South Africa and so I can understand a degree of caution on the British side, but if the trend is the same in South Africa this time next week, I’d say we will have to start taking more notice of what’s happening there - the trouble is a week’s an awful long time in the current situation.

Some reassurance for those of us who’ve had Moderna as their third jab.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...accine-variant

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    All the important ones still falling…..let’s hope what’s occurring in SA happens here too

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rogerstone blue I think his name was - no, you could say that the bloke I was thinking of was more prolific than him.
    It wasn't that poster who went under the handle "robjohns" or similar? I noticed some time ago he or she gave up on this board and seems to be a regular on the dark side. He or she is thought of as a hero there no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They misunderstood the concept of breaking Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It wasn't that poster who went under the handle "robjohns" or similar? I noticed some time ago he or she gave up on this board and seems to be a regular on the dark side. He or she is thought of as a hero there no doubt.
    It was Rogersblue! He seemed very confident with all his youtube videos. Can't think what's happened to him

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It was Rogersblue! He seemed very confident with all his youtube videos. Can't think what's happened to him
    Yes it was him, the both of them were screwballs. Perhaps The Donald is looking after him at Mar a Lago.

https://twitter.com/cotterill_david/...glDNoiWjg&s=08

David Cotterill is a very special young man

90,000 cases again today, I know Omicron is still patchy throughout the country, so it’s probably too simplistic to expect the new cases figure to be doubling every two or three days, but, although the figures are bad, they’re not as bad as I was expecting.

I wonder if Omicron is nature's own answer to a natural vaccine as it does appear much milder than other variants , perhaps natural infection and herding may see us through, no evidence just a thought .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I wonder if Omicron is nature's own answer to a natural vaccine as it does appear much milder than other variants , perhaps natural infection and herding may see us through, no evidence just a thought .
    I think that a virus tends to mutate many times, getting weaker, eventually so weak it's imperceptible but extremely transmissible. In other words, it dies out as far as having any actual effect on people. It all depends if the Chinese modifications have skewed this phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It all depends if the Chinese modifications have skewed this phenomenon.

I think that a virus tends to mutate many times, getting weaker, eventually so weak it's imperceptible but extremely transmissible. In other words, it dies out as far as having any actual effect on people. It all depends if the Chinese modifications have skewed this phenomenon.
    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That'll be the Xi variant.
    Antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists will have a feel day when that comes along.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59752752

Groups of no more than six people will be allowed to meet in pubs, cinemas and restaurants in Wales from 26 December, the first minister has said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That'll be the Xi variant.
    Antivaxxers and conspiracy theorists will have a feel day when that comes along.
    Been a while since I had one of those but hope springs eternal!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Been a while since I had one of those but grope springs eternal!
    Edited for you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-58624295

Any chance this was Omicron ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let's hope they are right about the lesser severity, but the sheer numbers of infections ripping through (particularly the early 20s age group it seems) is scary. We understand that we're in a hotspot (East Surrey) but I know of at least 10 people who have tested positive in the last week, which is far more than I have personally been aware of at any other point in this crisis. I've got 2 in my own household self-isolating now, including my wife - who is triple jabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Let's hope they are right about the lesser severity, but the sheer numbers of infections ripping through (particularly the early 20s age group it seems) is scary. We understand that we're in a hotspot (East Surrey) but I know of at least 10 people who have tested positive in the last week, which is far more than I have personally been aware of at any other point in this crisis. I've got 2 in my own household self-isolating now, including my wife - who is triple jabbed.
    you say treble jabbed there swiss pete . do you mean 2 jabs with the booster ? if so that doesn't bode too well in tackling this new variant .no doubt we will see another variant next year too

On the basis we're seeing very quick transmissions and less death ( fingers crossed) suggest it is waining as there less weaker hosts to strengthen too ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    you say treble jabbed there swiss pete . do you mean 2 jabs with the booster ? if so that doesn't bode too well in tackling this new variant .no doubt we will see another variant next year too
    Yes, sorry, 2 jabs and the booster. Nearly all of the others I know are in their early 20s (my son and his mates) so many won't have had the booster yet. Hopefully the 2 jabs plus booster will reduce severity if not transmission (although hopefully both obviously....)

Up above 100,000 new cases for the first time today (106,000 plus in fact).