+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 290 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This post of OM's was submitted on 11/03/20.

11/03/20 - 6 deaths.
    11/06/20 - 41,279 deaths.
    He hasn't been seen for about a month, I'm hoping it's in shame rather than an ironic catastrophy

We should be shutting things down and socially distancing now and anyone that doesn't think so can fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That's why I said that and linked to the story
    I'm multi-tasking 😁

Had an Asda home delivery earlier:

Did you have the email?
    Yes, the nuts I ordered are out of stock.
    I have never seen anything like this, we are running out of everything.
    People really are panic buying?
    Yeah, it's incredible. This past week or so has been busier than at any time over Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Had an Asda home delivery earlier:

Did you have the email?
    Yes, the nuts I ordered are out of stock.
    I have never seen anything like this, we are running out of everything.
    People really are panic buying?
    Yeah, it's incredible. This past week or so has been busier than at any time over Christmas.
    I thought Asda only delivered to people with online accounts, not those who transacted exclusively in cash and gold doubloons.

I think Italy will be seen as a slightly special case when all is said and done. A lot of Wuhans neighbouring provinces and China’s neighbours all had different responses and results,

I’m in Vitoria-Gasteiz, which is getting something like 30/40/50 new infections a day. We were up to 200 yesterday. Schools closed now. Limited gatherings.

The minister of health in Spain has said that worst case the epidemic will be gone by July.

I’m teaching in a private language school. We should probably shut for a few weeks but private enterprise are in it for the money. Staff health is secondary. We’ll only close when someone comes down with something.

I’ll be quitting after this thing is done.

What people are forgetting is over the last few months in the far away land of China we Europeans and the rest of the world thought hmmm sad but their problem. Too far away to affect us. Stop eating bats and whatever.
    Then reasons unbeknown Italy and Iran had the virus develop after China, took them by surprise and it spread, really spread. To the point of both countries medical services are now on the brink. In this time through well publicised media the other surrounding nations have had time to observe and make judgements however it is spreading. Yes we are weeks behind but it will catch up.
    Cobra meeting tomorrow to go into delay phase. Don’t panic but, get what you need supply wise and batten down the hatches.
    The videos I’ve seen from Italy and Iran (people on the ground videos) are bloody scary so I think let’s not be complacent about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Interesting read with some good graphs. It backdates the cases the authorities knew about at the time with the actual numbers, along with some other stuff. One big conclusion is

Countries that are prepared will see a fatality rate of ~0.5% (South Korea) to 0.9% (rest of China).
    Countries that are overwhelmed will have a fatality rate between ~3%-5%

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I can't help feeling that we in the UK are in the phoney war stage. I presume we Brits are not genetically that different from folk in Italy yet we are mostly going about our day-to-day business as usual when Italy is in virtual lockdown. I think we must surely be on the cusp of a sudden exponential increase in the number of cases of coronavirus? Are we just incredibly lucky or is there some inherent immunity that most of us possess?
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    We should be shutting things down and socially distancing now and anyone that doesn't think so can fight me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Interesting read with some good graphs. It backdates the cases the authorities knew about at the time with the actual numbers, along with some other stuff. One big conclusion is

Countries that are prepared will see a fatality rate of ~0.5% (South Korea) to 0.9% (rest of China).
    Countries that are overwhelmed will have a fatality rate between ~3%-5%

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca
    These 3 new about what we needed to do in advance of our own Government it seems. And that's just looking at page 3 (10th - 11th March).

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    These 3 new about what we needed to do in advance of our own Government it seems. And that's just looking at page 3 (10th - 11th March).
    That's only this thread as well, there were plenty of others, which were probably much more relevant, but only this one has lasted the distance for some reason

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's only this thread as well, there were plenty of others, which were probably much more relevant, but only this one has lasted the distance for some reason
    The word 'update' may be a clue!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The word 'update' may be a clue!
    All my threads will include uPdAte from now on

10 UK deaths (earlier today), 2 of them overseas.

How many people have died in the UK from the ordinary Flu over the same time scale? I bet it's more than 10.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    10 UK deaths (earlier today), 2 of them overseas.

How many people have died in the UK from the ordinary Flu over the same time scale? I bet it's more than 10.
    People love a drama, and the past two weeks the media, politicians, etc. have been acting like the big drama queens they are. Next they'll be painting red crosses on our doors and have bin men come road calling for the dead - then again they'll probably leave them in the gutter for being put in the wrong colour coffin..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    People love a drama, and the past two weeks the media, politicians, etc. have been acting like the big drama queens they are. Next they'll be painting red crosses on our doors and have bin men come road calling for the dead - then again they'll probably leave them in the gutter for being put in the wrong colour coffin..
    Italy locked down just because they're drama queens

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's mad how people made their mind up at the start of March and won't change it inspite of all the evidence.

America bans all travel from Europe!

Coronavirus: Trump halts travel from Europe to US

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51846923

*UK not affected*

Will we follow suit and close our borders?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

*UK not affected*

Might aswell for a few weeks

*UK not affected*

Has Trump boosted EU tourism to the UK!!!! ?

*UK not affected*

9/3/20

The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”

*UK not affected*

“With regard to flight bans we are always guided by the science as we make our decisions here. The advice we are getting is that there isn’t evidence that interventions like closing borders or travel bans are going to have a material effect on the spread of the infections,” Sunak told the Today programme on BBC Radio 4.