+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 290 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Data is a 4 days old, but giving a %age of the population gives a little more context as to how each country
    is managing the outbreak.
    I think it has been (Sweden defo) and Brazil who have used the herd approach.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Data is a 4 days old, but giving a %age of the population gives a little more context as to how each country
    is managing the outbreak.
    I think it has been (Sweden defo) and Brazil who have used the herd approach.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/
    Sweden it’s too early to tell but my Swedish colleague thinks it might work because they’re a lot less social than a lot of other European countries.

Brazil are the first Southern Hemisphere country to have 1000+ deaths. It could go badly for them.

Gove out of isolation after Chris Whiity gives permission for his Daughter to be tested.

That’s how Walesbales is always on here, he’s already making shit loads from computers!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That’s how Walesbales is always on here, he’s already making shit loads from computers!
    Well you could say that

Yes, as in the Johnson interview on This Morning where he outlined the pros of herd immunity and then said "but I disagree with that".

The sooner we can get back to talking about Cardiff City the better.

We should have learnt off other countries, we had a few weeks grace and wasted it, right wing austerity measures over many years is going to cost us dear unfortunately.

Different countries have different scenarios though, can't ignore that - it's not one size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Different countries have different scenarios though, can't ignore that - it's not one size fits all.
    Indeed not all other countries had many years of right wing austerity measures decimating their health service.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Indeed not all other countries had many years of right wing austerity measures decimating their health service.
    So you're saying every nation has exactly the same demographics, population densities etc?

Perhaps you can point out to all those NHS equivalents in the world that aren't insurance based?

So you're saying every nation has exactly the same demographics, population densities etc?

Perhaps you can point out to all those NHS equivalents in the world that aren't insurance based?
    Why would whether a healthcare system is funded through taxation or insurance have any bearing on how it handles a pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why would whether a healthcare system is funded through taxation or insurance have any bearing on how it handles a pandemic?
    I'm pointing out he's not comparing like with like. Some can get close, sure, but still differences.

Good God no, look at Wales we have an old population exacubated by immigrants from England who tend to be old and a drain on our Welsh NHS and our services, we don't get compensated by the English NHS for taking their oldies, the Barnet formula is not fit for purpose.

Good God no, look at Wales we have an old population exacubated by immigrants from England who tend to be old and a drain on our Welsh NHS and our services, we don't get compensated by the English NHS for taking their oldies, the Barnet formula is not fit for purpose.
    Agree the Barnett formula isn't fit for purpose, Scotland get far more than should, England far less on a per head from last info I saw a few years ago.

Blaming the English? Seriously?

Agree the Barnett formula isn't fit for purpose, Scotland get far more than should, England far less on a per head from last info I saw a few years ago.

Without getting unduly personal, I think it fair to say that anti-English sentiment is a very common theme from trampie.

Why not just look at the similar ones? Do you think the U.K. is different enough to Spain, Italy and France that we couldn’t have looked to them and considered it might happen to us ?

Our medical experts were certainly advising us so.

I can only remember one incident where England didn't get its way and that was when they wanted us to go to war again in Iraq, the Celts for once had the numbers to just about vote them down but normally due to weight of numbers what England wants England gets, the union state is failing us and they are not for turning, Germanic queen, right wing policies, state religion in England, unelected political chamber etc etc.
    What have we got by been lumped in with them ? - zero hour contracts, minimum wage jobs, austerity blah blah blah.

I've no issue with the English Taunton, I've told you before but I call a spade a spade, l like Frank Lampard, Cherie Lunghie and Yokshire pudding you can't say fairer than that butt.

I've no issue with the English Taunton, I've told you before but I call a spade a spade, l like Frank Lampard, Cherie Lunghie and Yokshire pudding you can't say fairer than that butt.
    All on the same plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We will see the same splits between advisors and government soon I think. Politicians have been using their medical and scientific advisors as cover for poor decision making.

Would be interested to hear from Wales Bales as in the politics forum thread he was unequivocally against an earlier shut down and frequently using statements from Fauci to explain why.
    I seen a programme of experts the other day and they seemed to be saying the UK Government have the wrong kind of advisors, they have been using modellers or summit and not medical experts on the ground.

Just to say that for those who were unaware of this news, you should expect the deaths figure today to be above the thousand mark for the first time and, probably, well over it. I say that because figures issued by the ONS an hour or so ago show a total of 406 additional deaths consisting of 217 in care homes (ten times the previous figure), 33 in hospices, 136 in private homes, 3 in other communal homes and 17 elsewhere and this is only up to 3 April. When you add in the bump often seen after lower weekend figures, a number anything like the ones seen in the last couple of days (below 800) would be incredible.

Don't know what the fuss is about. It's just like seasonal flu like they said!

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/stat...07002165755905

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just to say that for those who were unaware of this news, you should expect the deaths figure today to be above the thousand mark for the first time and, probably, well over it. I say that because figures issued by the ONS an hour or so ago show a total of 406 additional deaths consisting of 217 in care homes (ten times the previous figure), 33 in hospices, 136 in private homes, 3 in other communal homes and 17 elsewhere and this is only up to 3 April. When you add in the bump often seen after lower weekend figures, a number anything like the ones seen in the last couple of days (below 800) would be incredible.
    Understand what you mean but the ONS figures are published weekly and are completely seperate from the Hospital daily figures issed by the government. These are used to keep in line with other countries reporting the same, but also because they are readily availabe, the ONS figures take time to collate. What we need to look at is todays figure, then see the difference.
    I think the spike won't show until tomorrow because the figures today will only be up to 5 PM yeaterday when the holiday was still affecting reporting. The adjusting will be the figures reported tomorrow which are up to 5 PM yesterday.
    But then you have to add up all the new figures from Friday to today and devide by 4 to get the daily mean. It will probably still be higher

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Understand what you mean but the ONS figures are published weekly and are completely seperate from the Hospital daily figures issed by the government. These are used to keep in line with other countries reporting the same, but also because they are readily availabe, the ONS figures take time to collate. What we need to look at is todays figure, then see the difference.
    I think the spike won't show until tomorrow because the figures today will only be up to 5 PM yeaterday when the holiday was still affecting reporting. The adjusting will be the figures reported tomorrow which are up to 5 PM yesterday.
    But then you have to add up all the new figures from Friday to today and devide by 4 to get the daily mean. It will probably still be higher
    There are graphs showing a rolling 7 day average here

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

Not sure if the UK curve is just based on hospital deaths though

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes, on reflection you may well be right - I seem to remember Wednesday's as the worst day normally now. I think in the past they have just added all of the additional figures on to one day, but I might be wrong in believing that.