+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 350 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is an unprecedented time of national emergency with a worldwide shortage of PPE equipment and materials and a logistical nightmare trying to get it all to the ‘front line’. It is very easy for left wing politicians, union leaders and keyboard warriors to criticise the Government whilst being bankrupt of their own ideas as to how to solve the situation. Perhaps instead of constantly moaning at individual politicians, trying to make cheap political points, they should all get off their backsides and do something useful by using their resources to either help produce or deliver the PPE.
    Tired defence, any criticism of the government is mean and party political. The government have promised time and time again to get on top of this. If you break a promise, you take responsibility whether external factors affected it or not. Stop ducking for PR purposes.

Also do you realise there is a lockdown? The last thing we need is a bunch of unprotected, potentially ill people randomly driving a handful of masks to their local hospital. Do you think before you type this rubbish?

This is an unprecedented time of national emergency with a worldwide shortage of PPE equipment and materials and a logistical nightmare trying to get it all to the ‘front line’. It is very easy for left wing politicians, union leaders and keyboard warriors to criticise the Government whilst being bankrupt of their own ideas as to how to solve the situation. Perhaps instead of constantly moaning at individual politicians, trying to make cheap political points, they should all get off their backsides and do something useful by using their resources to either help produce or deliver the PPE.
    Like these ladies for instance: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1500699350098765/

Great effort.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah and they should let some immigrants stay in their house while they're at it.
    Well, joke all you like but I have a pal who occasionally finds fault in the effects of capitalism and STILL uses MONEY to BUY things, bloody hypocrite.

When we have a PM who was boasting about shaking hands with victims a few weeks back in yet another crass attempt at populist blathering in the face of common sense it’s quite right to point out his utter stupidity and that who subscribe his silly personality cult.

I myself (centrist slightly to left) are driving nurses and care assistants around to the paves where they are needed.

So before you spout off Daily Express nonsense, using plastic patriotism which the phoneys in number ten are doing you might want to pause your thoughts before you make yourself look as silly as the occupant in number ten.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Tired defence, any criticism of the government is mean and party political. The government have promised time and time again to get on top of this. If you break a promise, you take responsibility whether external factors affected it or not. Stop ducking for PR purposes.

Also do you realise there is a lockdown? The last thing we need is a bunch of unprotected, potentially ill people randomly driving a handful of masks to their local hospital. Do you think before you type this rubbish?
    You mean the front line wouldn't appreciate some homemade masks from an unsterilised domestic kitchen?

Is Wales faring slightly better than England in all this?
    https://www.euromomo.eu/index.html
    This site seems to suggest so, which is strange as I thought early data was that there were proportionally a lot of cases here.
    This shows all excess deaths, so if there were people dying from things other than covid 19 because all of the resources were tied up with covid 19 then it would show up here.

I think that, even in your deluded world, delivering a supply of PPE to anyone that urgently needs it would be classed as an essential journey. Secondly, where did I say that someone who is ill, unprotected or unauthorised should do it. Thirdly, in this whole debate, you have consistently used party political bias to colour your arguments.

International

This article is interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

It is terrible that people are dying but when the count is done at the end is really the only time we will know the true result of this new virus.
    The count-back will take into account the other causes. As has been said, anyone dying in Hosptal at the moment who had the virus at the time is being counted ut a lage proportion of those may have died anyway, its just all happening in a short space of time rather than over a period of several months.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    When we have a PM who was boasting about shaking hands with victims a few weeks back in yet another crass attempt at populist blathering in the face of common sense it’s quite right to point out his utter stupidity and that who subscribe his silly personality cult.

I myself (centrist slightly to left) are driving nurses and care assistants around to the paves where they are needed.

So before you spout off Daily Express nonsense, using plastic patriotism which the phoneys in number ten are doing you might want to pause your thoughts before you make yourself look as silly as the occupant in number ten.
    Good on you for doing your bit in the emergency but the discussion is not about Boris Johnson, its about the continual criticism of what the Government is trying to do, without the critics having any idea what to do about it themselves i.e. criticism just for the sake of it, mainly along party political lines.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This article is interesting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654

It is terrible that people are dying but when the count is done at the end is really the only time we will know the true result of this new virus.
    The count-back will take into account the other causes. As has been said, anyone dying in Hosptal at the moment who had the virus at the time is being counted ut a lage proportion of those may have died anyway, its just all happening in a short space of time rather than over a period of several months.
    That much is true, but I fear you are looking at it simplistically.

Firstly, you make an assumption."ut a lage proportion of those may have died anyway". What is that based on?

We still don't know, for example, if anyone has died as a direct result of a lack of ventilators.
    We do know that circa 20 NHS staff members have died, including retired NHS Staff who came back to help out.
    We also know of a 13 year old kid who died alone, and was laid to rest alone.
    We are seeing hospitals sprouting up, staffed by airline hostesses.
    We are seeing a dozen people dying in a care home.

This, clearly, is a situation that is incredibly complex.

We may never know the true impact of the virus. What we do know is the impact that the virus is having at the moment. And we do know that the lockdown is having a positive effect on the numbers of people in hospital. If hospitals become overrun, then there is every chance that people admitted for urgent, non-virus related issues (heart attack, stroke etc) will stand a lower chance of survival compared to a hospital working at or below capacity.

A healthcare worker at a cancer hospital in Cardiff has died after contracting coronavirus, Velindre University NHS Trust has confirmed.

R.I.P Donna.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52261943

Good on you for doing your bit in the emergency but the discussion is not about Boris Johnson, its about the continual criticism of what the Government is trying to do, without the critics having any idea what to do about it themselves i.e. criticism just for the sake of it, mainly along party political lines.
    At the start of this the Government went along with the idea of "herd immunity" - a strategy that would have protected the economy and was continuously denounced by most experts as one which would cost hundreds of thousands of lives. As part of this strategy, on the weekend Italy locked down, Cheltenham Festival was allowed to go ahead with a quarter of a million people attending.

On reflection do you think that was a good decision, and if not don't you think we're allowed to criticize the Government for decisions like that? It's not as if the warnings weren't there from other countries, we could see what was happening. Most sports shut themselves down without guidance from the Government because they could see what was happening. These people are elected to lead and protect, if people are dying that could have been saved then we're allowed to question without being shouted at for daring to criticize our dear leaders.

Let me ask you this - If a Corbyn Government had dealt with this crisis in exactly the same way as this one and made exactly the same decisions at the same times, do you think the people behaving like Johnson is some sort of wartime hero and the Government are doing a great job would be saying the same thing?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    That much is true, but I fear you are looking at it simplistically.

Firstly, you make an assumption."ut a lage proportion of those may have died anyway". What is that based on?

We still don't know, for example, if anyone has died as a direct result of a lack of ventilators.
    We do know that circa 20 NHS staff members have died, including retired NHS Staff who came back to help out.
    We also know of a 13 year old kid who died alone, and was laid to rest alone.
    We are seeing hospitals sprouting up, staffed by airline hostesses.
    We are seeing a dozen people dying in a care home.

This, clearly, is a situation that is incredibly complex.

We may never know the true impact of the virus. What we do know is the impact that the virus is having at the moment. And we do know that the lockdown is having a positive effect on the numbers of people in hospital. If hospitals become overrun, then there is every chance that people admitted for urgent, non-virus related issues (heart attack, stroke etc) will stand a lower chance of survival compared to a hospital working at or below capacity.
    I thought you'd pop up. You say I am looking at things too simplistically. I'm not 'looking at' anything. i merely posted a BBC article discussing the numbers dying and why.
    your comments about who is dying and where has no relevance to what I posted and is another example of you changing the subject because it doesn't suit you. As for being simplistic we all know that we are a little simple compared to your vast brain power as confimed by professors world wide! (except your own tutor apparently)
    I did not make any assumption, you just made that bit up, again just to suit what you wanted to say. Pretty typical, almost like a politician, answering the a question you wish had been asked instead of the one that actually was.
    You really are boring me now.

Banned

I thought you'd pop up. You say I am looking at things too simplistically. I'm not 'looking at' anything. i merely posted a BBC article discussing the numbers dying and why.
    your comments about who is dying and where has no relevance to what I posted and is another example of you changing the subject because it doesn't suit you. As for being simplistic we all know that we are a little simple compared to your vast brain power as confimed by professors world wide! (except your own tutor apparently)
    I did not make any assumption, you just made that bit up, again just to suit what you wanted to say. Pretty typical, almost like a politician, answering the a question you wish had been asked instead of the one that actually was.
    You really are boring me now.
    I made a mistake. I thought we could have a grown up conversation. But, again, you prove yourself incapable of such a simple task.

This is an unprecedented time of national emergency with a worldwide shortage of PPE equipment and materials and a logisticafl nightmare trying to get it all to the ‘front line’. It is very easy for left wing politicians, union leaders and keyboard warriors to criticise the Government whilst being bankrupt of their own ideas as to how to solve the situation. Perhaps instead of constantly moaning at individual politicians, trying to make cheap political points, they should all get off their backsides and do something useful by using their resources to either help produce or deliver the PPE.
    Did you watch the interview? He was terrible, just parroting the same thing no matter what Andrew Marr asked him, a Labour politician would be savaged by you and plenty of others if they had given exactly the same interview in Government. As I said, I have some sympathy for him, but, honestly, if that is typical of how he would fare when given a national platform, he's doing more harm than good for the Government when he speaks on their behalf.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    At the start of this the Government went along with the idea of "herd immunity" - a strategy that would have protected the economy and was continuously denounced by most experts as one which would cost hundreds of thousands of lives. As part of this strategy, on the weekend Italy locked down, Cheltenham Festival was allowed to go ahead with a quarter of a million people attending.

On reflection do you think that was a good decision, and if not don't you think we're allowed to criticize the Government for decisions like that? It's not as if the warnings weren't there from other countries, we could see what was happening. Most sports shut themselves down without guidance from the Government because they could see what was happening. These people are elected to lead and protect, if people are dying that could have been saved then we're allowed to question without being shouted at for daring to criticize our dear leaders.

Let me ask you this - If a Corbyn Government had dealt with this crisis in exactly the same way as this one and made exactly the same decisions at the same times, do you think the people behaving like Johnson is some sort of wartime hero and the Government are doing a great job would be saying the same thing?
    Where Johnson was "decisive" and showed "great leadership" in allowing the Cheltenham festival to go ahead, a similar decision process from Corbyn would have been seen as "dithering".

I have no time for either bloke, but public opinion is definitely being decided by the rich media moguls.

International

I made a mistake. I thought we could have a grown up conversation. But, again, you prove yourself incapable of such a simple task.
    And you prove again that it is you that is the person making insults, as normal. You know nothing about me and have no knowledge of how simple or complex a task I am capable of dealing with yet you choose to make a comment intended to be a slur.

You are not only rude, you're stupid!! Bye bye!!!

Banned

And you prove again that it is you that is the person making insults, as normal. You know nothing about me and have no knowledge of how simple or complex a task I am capable of dealing with yet you choose to make a comment intended to be a slur.

You are not only rude, you're stupid!! Bye bye!!!
    I admit my last response was an insult (you brought it on yourself, and I have only so much patience). I'd be interested to see if you could prove that my insults pre-date yours though.

What about our country/system is it that makes politicians simply incapable of taking responsibility for something?

Alok Sharma gives us the latest bungling attempt, 'I am sorry if people feel they are not able to get this equipment (PPE)'.
    I don't disagree with your first statement but would say that it's not just this country and system this trait is endemic in pretty well all countries and system with the (very) odd honourable exception.

As for your second I didn't see today but having seen his appearance on the daily update don't know why they don't keep him away from TV!

I admit my last response was an insult (you brought it on yourself, and I have only so much patience). I'd be interested to see if you could prove that my insults pre-date yours though.
    We can't excuse our own behaviour on others: we have the option of being rational and not personal regardless of how our detractors behave.

Secondly, where did I say that someone who is ill, unprotected or unauthorised should do it.
    So you are going to test and equip the volunteers?

Thirdly, in this whole debate, you have consistently used party political bias to colour your arguments.
    Got any examples? I don't think I have mentioned a political party once in coronavirus threads. I have no view on whether any other party would or could have handled this better or worse.

The reality is that you have my card marked as a 'commie' so it is physically impossible for you to take my posts at face value, you are the entrenched biased party political ideologue here, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I don't disagree with your first statement but would say that it's not just this country and system this trait is endemic in pretty well all countries and system with the (very) odd honourable exception.

As for your second I didn't see today but having seen his appearance on the daily update don't know why they don't keep him away from TV!
    It has become a thing, Clegg got ridiculed for
    eventually apologising for the tuition fee rise and ever since very few politicians have sincerely apologised for anything.

Stategic? Sign of weakness/puts you on the back foot or maybe they just, by and large, believe their own hype?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We can't excuse our own behaviour on others: we have the option of being rational and not personal regardless of how our detractors behave.
    I agree, but if you follow the trail the guy has been making comments that are not in line with what I post, but in who he thinks I am.

Anyone thinking the government have done a good job should read this months private eye. They ignored advice to close schools, pubs and restaurants on the 11th of feb for a short period to lower the infection rate and waited until the end of March to do so.

How can anyone defend that?

If they’d listened to this advice at the start of February we wouldn’t have had this issue. If they’d listened at the end of February and looked at Italy we wouldn’t have this issue.