+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 290 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think that it's safe to say that Monkfish knows more about this subject than the rest of us. He's of the 'sceptical' generation, apparently. He's obviously read and comprehended the Boris Johnson/COBRA stuff at a level that's beyond us and is rightfully sceptical about why BJ should be attending those meetings. I mean, it was bats that allegedly transmitted the virus anyway... not cobras.
    Boris doesn't believe in emergencies. The worst thing that could have happened was him Getting Covid 19-he'll think that he's ****ing bomb proof and speak from experience-which is always dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Boris doesn't believe in emergencies. The worst thing that could have happened was him Getting Covid 19-he'll think that he's ****ing bomb proof and speak from experience-which is always dangerous.
    Some of the media will campaign for the bumbling bean bag to be the first ever living person to be beatified when he returns with his mix of bluster and bullshiit.

I think that it's safe to say that Monkfish knows more about this subject than the rest of us. He's of the 'sceptical' generation, apparently. He's obviously read and comprehended the Boris Johnson/COBRA stuff at a level that's beyond us and is rightfully sceptical about why BJ should be attending those meetings. I mean, it was bats that allegedly transmitted the virus anyway... not cobras.
    I'm not jumping up and down and getting my knickers in a twist like the usual gang on here just because there's a chance to take a swipe at the PM. Calm down, calm down enjoy the evening..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm not jumping up and down and getting my knickers in a twist like the usual gang on here just because there's a chance to take a swipe at the PM. Calm down, calm down enjoy the evening..
    Not sure people asking a question or two of the Government is "getting your knickers in a twist" but let's agree to disagree.

Out of interest do you think there's anything in the article by the Murdoch owned, traditionally Tory Sunday Times that justifies criticism of Johnson and co's response to the pandemic?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The word from Downing Street at the time that Boris was in hospital was all about how strong he was and how his spirit would overcome the Coronavirus.

Now we get this shit from Gove: ""I think that anyone who considered what happened to the prime minister not long ago, nobody can say the prime minister isn't throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus."

So, because he was hospitalised, it proves that he's done everything he can to prevent the spread of Covid-19?! It boils my piss.

Banned

The word from Downing Street at the time that Boris was in hospital was all about how strong he was and how his spirit would overcome the Coronavirus.

Now we get this shit from Gove: ""I think that anyone who considered what happened to the prime minister not long ago, nobody can say the prime minister isn't throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus."

So, because he was hospitalised, it proves that he's done everything he can to prevent the spread of Covid-19?! It boils my piss.

I wonder how often the Tory party are going to play that joker card?

Yeah if a frontline healthcare catch it they do so "throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus", Johnson catching it because he was shaking hands with patients when he clearly shouldn't have been is hardly the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah if a frontline healthcare catch it they do so "throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus", Johnson catching it because he was shaking hands with patients when he clearly shouldn't have been is hardly the same thing
    He came down with it a month after allegedly shaking hands. Symptoms usually emerge after around 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    He came down with it a month after allegedly shaking hands. Symptoms usually emerge after around 2 weeks.
    Ok fine, amended -

Yeah if a frontline healthcare catch it they do so "throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus", Johnson catching it through bad luck is hardly the same thing

They'll use it. The Sun will have a picture of him in a Tin Hat and a mock up of a Covid 19 virus in as a German stormtrooper, with the headline 'Boris, Blitz, Fritz' or something of that nature. It'll eventually be given a militaristic theme.

Heisenberg

Of course not, because you don't care about what he does or doesn't do, really. I doubt you're alone in that respect.

You're still under the impression that there's 'nothing to see here' when it comes to Covid-19. It's baffling and concerning that there's people like you out there.

Of course not, because you don't care about what he does or doesn't do, really. I doubt you're alone in that respect.

You're still under the impression that there's 'nothing to see here' when it comes to Covid-19. It's baffling and concerning that there's people like you out there.
    Now you're getting personal - because people have different views to you. This place really is your life, isn't it.

Now you're getting personal - because people have different views to you. This place really is your life, isn't it.
    Where is he being personal? Some soppy bastards on here ffs

Someone saying your opinion is wrong isn't getting personal, stop being such a fanny.

Personal??! If you've ever used the word snowflake take a long hard look at yourself

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I wonder how often the Tory party are going to play that joker card?
    Every time they/BJ gets criticised for not doing enough?

The fuucking irony of the Tories crying about a Murdoch owned right wing shiit sheet printing “falsehoods”

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The fuucking irony of the Tories crying about a Murdoch owned right wing shiit sheet printing “falsehoods”
    Times have set out to undermine Johnson big time over last few months. I've little doubt it's inspired by a current cabinet minister.

Times have set out to undermine Johnson big time over last few months. I've little doubt it's inspired by a current cabinet minister.
    Why not let it play out to it's inevitable conclusion? Forest fires in Australia, coronavirus and Michael Gove becoming PM does seem to fit together. At least Boris is lazy enough to allow his lies to become known...

Does anyone have access to the Telegraph? Seen a twitter thread which has suggested UK government put pressure on Cheltenham to go ahead but do not know whether it's accurate or an interpretation of following article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/racing/2...enham-proceed/

So, the poster who is not scared to upset anyone because he "tells it like it is" is reduced to feebly bleating on about how the Times has got it in for a Conservative Prime Minister - strange days indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, the poster who is not scared to upset anyone because he "tells it like it is" is reduced to feebly bleating on about how the Times has got it in for a Conservative Prime Minister - strange days indeed.
    Bleating? LMFAO.

Pointing out the obvious - except to you - that this is orchestrated from within the cabinet. I've little doubt Gove is settling scores.

The fact the Times article has been comprehensively debunked, as has an FT one is also interesting. Newspaper industry dying on arse, looking for headlines, TV media full on bozos like Peston...

We're at the stage where media muppets and plebs claim to know more of the medical side than CMO, deputy CMO et al.

Nothing to do with his performance as a PM then? You could be right as Murdoch has probably now realised Boris the populist is a bit of a loose cannon.

It’s still hilariously ironic that the Tories are bleating

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Nothing to do with his performance as a PM then? You could be right as Murdoch has probably now realised Boris the populist is a bit of a loose cannon.

It’s still hilariously ironic that the Tories are bleating
    I don't think Murdoch cares whether we have a loose cannon as PM, in fact he would almost certainly prefer it as it would help sell more papers / generate more website hits. He couldn't give a shit how well run the country is, what he doesn't want is any PM who would seek to curtail his influence.

That looks the most abject response to a critique of an article (which in itself was mostly constructed from people in government who are knifing Boris Johnson in his sick bed and fighting like rats in a sack to avoid blame and position themselves for the future) that I can recall. What was your favourite rebuttal? I went for this:

Claim - The government sent 279,000 items of its depleted stockpile of protective equipment to China during this period in response to a request for help from the authorities there.

Response - The equipment was not from the pandemic stockpile. We provided this equipment to China at the height of their need and China has since reciprocated our donation many times over. Between April 2-April 15 we have received over 12 million pieces of PPE in the UK from China.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    That looks the most abject response to a critique of an article (which in itself was mostly constructed from people in government who are knifing Boris Johnson in his sick bed and fighting like rats in a sack to avoid blame and position themselves for the future) that I can recall. What was your favourite rebuttal? I went for this:

Claim - The government sent 279,000 items of its depleted stockpile of protective equipment to China during this period in response to a request for help from the authorities there.

Response - The equipment was not from the pandemic stockpile. We provided this equipment to China at the height of their need and China has since reciprocated our donation many times over. Between April 2-April 15 we have received over 12 million pieces of PPE in the UK from China.
    Not trying to defend anyone in particular, but just read in one of today's papers that Care Homes should not be blaming the government for lack of PPE.
    Most are privately run and charge around £50K a year for each resident. Following a UK pandemic exercise in 2016 they were told to keep adequate PPE. Of course that would be at their own expense.....so what happens? Nothing