+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 290 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Whilst most of the country claps for the carers please do keep us updated on individual nurses you can find for us to condemn.
    Indeed, I demand a minute's hate alongside the clapping!

Banned

WTI Crude oil trading at $4.04, it could actually have a negative price.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Care to point out where I've said "all"?

No?

Funny that.

If this nurse has stolen, I presume you'll condemn them.
    It just seems a unimportant story to obsessively follow during this crisis unless you are trying to make some kind of point that applies more widely.

Do I have to publicly condemn everything that is bad now? You think you might be losing it a little?

Obsessive? Just interested in the story, something different than the usual navel gazing going on.

Hey ho, remind us what can and can't be posted please.

Obsessive? Just interested in the story, something different than the usual navel gazing going on.

Hey ho, remind us what can and can't be posted please.
    It’s a bit of a deflection isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

You denounce what I say as "utter crap" and then spend seven paragraphs proving my point. interesting you said you didn't vote for Johnson as leader - around 99.8% of the UK population never got the chance to, were you one of the 0.2%?
    True at the time the tories chose him

But everyone of voting age got their chance in December , Bob.

( and I am not one of the 0.2%)

The ideal for just about 95% of us would be this Tory party keeping this sizeable majority, increasing it potentially, based on how well they have governed over a 5 year period, especially during this critical period of time, and how everyone has had their lives improved, with them having plans to make things even better over next 5 years. Even in a short period of time however I would suggest following statements are more likely to ring true/ominous than my opening statement:

The government has been accused of "silencing media"

The government has been accused of "[chipping] away at the country's democratic framework, reducing judicial independence, taking control of most state and private media and reshaping the electoral system to favor the government"

The government has been accused of removing independent judges, stacking the Constitutional Court and judicial institutions with loyalists, and appointing as chief prosecutor a former party member who has seldom pursued corruption charges against government politicians

The government has been accused of corruption and of fostering a "clique of loyal oligarchs"

The government has been accused of using an illusory spectre of immigration for its political gain;
    But these wiki statements haven't been taken from the UK webpage...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidesz

Still, 4.5 years is a long time to go so lets hope they turn it around and quickly too. I'd much rather admit I got it wrong politically than see poor handling of this virus a second longer.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Oil at MINUS $28 a barrel.
    Does this mean that I can get a barrel of oil [I]and[/]be given $28?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Does this mean that I can get a barrel of oil [I]and[/]be given $28?!
    Technically, yes. I'll have a million barrels please. I'll keep it in my shed until it is $60 and I'll pretend I am JR Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Technically, yes. I'll have a million barrels please. I'll keep it in my shed until it is $60 and I'll pretend I am JR Ewing.
    America will invade you in 2023.

Heisenberg

America will invade you in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I haven't got time to go through each point of your latest Tory love in but here's the first one destroyed to bits for you

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...k-5334406.html
    Fair play on reading the article that was a rapid response by Labour mobalising their Ministers immediately and get on with Cobra meetings and that was for foot and mouth the Conservatives have been found seriously lacking in their response to the CV crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Fair play on reading the article that was a rapid response by Labour mobalising their Ministers immediately and get on with Cobra meetings and that was for foot and mouth the Conservatives have been found seriously lacking in their response to the CV crisis.
    Difference being, trampie, UK government had been through it before as a result were aware of the issues and consequences. It's always easier to deal effectively a second time round, learning from the past.

Difference being, trampie, UK government had been through it before as a result were aware of the issues and consequences. It's always easier to deal effectively a second time round, learning from the past.
    So essentially Brown could almost have been forgiven had he stayed on holiday being that the systems were in place to deal with it.

But with a brand new, unprecedented crisis which by your own admission is less easy to effectively deal with, then the PM should have immediately cut short his holiday and come back to chair the COBRA meetings, like Brown did in 2007 despite the fact it was a known and previously managed danger?

For his biggest fan you don't half manage to accidentally make Johnson look like a crap Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So essentially Brown could almost have been forgiven had he stayed on holiday being that the systems were in place to deal with it.

But with a brand new, unprecedented crisis which by your own admission is less easy to effectively deal with, then the PM should have immediately cut short his holiday and come back to chair the COBRA meetings, like Brown did in 2007 despite the fact it was a known and previously managed danger?

For his biggest fan you don't half manage to accidentally make Johnson look like a crap Prime Minister
    Slam dunk! Hole in one! One hundred and eighty! Game, set and match!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Slam dunk! Hole in one! One hundred and eighty! Game, set and match!
    Ippon

It just goes to show how inept the Conservatives are that even when they knew that a previously unheard deadly virus was on the loose they were still found wanting.

According to the ONS there were around 6,200 COVID 19 related deaths in the week 3-10 April with a sixth of them occurring outside hospitals - add on the figures from previous weeks and I think it's safe to say that the total figure we hear quoted so often on news programmes is probably in the region of 1,500 light of what it really is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52361519

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to the ONS there were around 6,200 COVID 19 related deaths in the week 3-10 April with a sixth of them occurring outside hospitals - add on the figures from previous weeks and I think it's safe to say that the total figure we hear quoted so often on news programmes is probably in the region of 1,500 light of what it really is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52361519
    You are correct in what you say but many people (media and otherwise) appear to be insinuating that the Government is deliberately under reporting the deaths for some reason. This is clearly ridiculous and inaccurate - hospital data is a standard way of analysing and reporting around the world in pandemics such as this. The data is available daily and gives an accurate indication of how the pandemic is progressing in relation to day to day trends, so that it can all be fully analysed by the scientists/medics and advised upon. No one has ever said that it was a full and accurate record of total deaths and infections. The more detailed data including care home and other deaths is much more difficult and slower to collate - usually fortnightly or weekly although they appear to be trying to speed this up. Can you imagine the furore if the Government only released figures every two weeks !.

Also anyone who has ever been anywhere near a care home knows that they are a hot bed of infections and viruses at the best of times, with most having to be regularly closed to visitors. In a pandemic they were always, sadly, going to be a place where the virus could easily spread, with many associated deaths. The people in them usually have illnesses, live in close proximity to each other and many of them unfortunately are not sufficiently aware to be able to practice social distancing.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Should I post updates of the graphs with rolling averages?

Seems this thread might aswell be moved to the squabble over political bs forum......needs to get back on track I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Seems this thread might aswell be moved to the squabble over political bs forum......needs to get back on track I feel.
    totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What does "back on track" look like. The OP highlighted 14 top far corner theories, most of which had or have subsequently been replayed on this Board. Are you saying this meandering thread should go back to examine the merits of those theories?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    What does "back on track" look like. The OP highlighted 14 top far corner theories, most of which had or have subsequently been replayed on this Board. Are you saying this meandering thread should go back to examine the merits of those theories?
    I see another conspiracy theory would appear to have bitten the dust with the WHO saying all of the available evidence points to the virus originating in bats and not in a laboratory.