+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    But they weren't correct. Ferguson and his 'team' (excuse brackets) constitute an un-named collection of people advising the Govt. every step of the way. Obviously no Govt. has sufficient expertise in these matters, but whom they choose to listen to can have significant impact on our lives - now, and for years to come. The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies [Sage], is the body of anonymous people who are hourly advising the Govt.
    Although we've recently had prominent scientists stating that neither the advice nor the science was followed at key stages of the government's response to the pandemic.

Banned

There is a very useful app - I think you will find it in your play stores under the name "Dreamlab" run by Vodafone.

When your phone is left to charge overnight, it uses your phone to help the Imperial College make calculations. This is usually in the fight against cancer. They have recently extended it to Covid-19.

As long as your phone is on charge, and as long as the app is running, your phone will be brought in to assist in the calculations. You will need to select the project you want to assist with, there are a few there.

Search for Dreamlab on Google Play or Apple-store (whatever that one is called). Install it, set it to run and charge the phone overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Although we've recently had prominent scientists stating that neither the advice nor the science was followed at key stages of the government's response to the pandemic.
    We are all floundering around a bit whilst the scientists and politicians do their bit. What I would say is that in support of his argument AQM has regularly quoted the Deputy Scientific Advisor in his support.

This man is the Deputy Scientific Advisor at the Home Office.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-boris-johnson

As I posted a week ago before being shot down, people with views contrary to Neil Ferguson's are beginning to gain sufficient confidence to voice their opinions..
    Now the Deputy Scientific Advisor to the Home Office, a guy called Rupert Schute was on a recorded Zoom call with Passport Office Management and staff berating them that they need to get back to work because 80% of people would get Covid-19 in the end ( the original herd immunity forecasts before the government changed tack).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...o-staff-safety

Now AQM might have become aware that Rupert's scientific skill set is in robotic engineering. I don't know about you but I get reassured by medicinal doctors on health and engineers on how safe it it is to cross a bridge!

Thanks for posting that. Anyone working in the industry would have been able to point these things out weeks ago, the whole approach didn't seem to makes lot of sense to let, especially when the likes of Medtronic were making a ventilator design of theirs open source

Breaking news tonight.Johnson missed 5 COBRA meetings.
    The first on 24 January and 4 after as the virus took hold.
    His first appearance was on March 2

This story by the Sunday Times is absolutely damning about Boris Johnson’s reckless attitude towards the coronavirus. https://t.co/3Cyp1mnW8D https://t.co/y5RZqivvk8

Joris Bohnson getting an absolute pasting here in the times of all places

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This story by the Sunday Times is absolutely damning about Boris Johnson’s reckless attitude towards the coronavirus. https://t.co/3Cyp1mnW8D https://t.co/y5RZqivvk8

Joris Bohnson getting an absolute pasting here in the times of all places
    The Times is behind a paywall, here's the article. Johnson and co getting absolutely savaged

http://archive.vn/ofnfS

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The Times is behind a paywall, here's the article. Johnson and co getting absolutely savaged

thanks for link a really damning inditement of british gov policy and lack of leadership by the Times, should be read by all Boris fans to realise what an egotistical fraud he is

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    thanks for link a really damning inditement of british gov policy and lack of leadership by the Times, should be read by all Boris fans to realise what an egotistical fraud he is
    The whole thing is turning into a mess. Cometh the hour, cometh the man and Boris, Raab, Hancock, Drakeford, Gethin have failed.

Track and trace started well then all change. Rugby internationals, Cheltenham festival etc deemed OK because they were outdoor events. Rubbish, we all know the damage is done when we are toe to toe in the bars.

Eventually, after football clubs and similar had taken their own action because they could see the issues, the government takes action. Lockdown arrives as cases escalate.
    After earlier messages that the NHS was set up to handle whatever was thrown at it, the realisation that it wasn't. Not enough beds, ventilators, PPE, doctors, nurses. So instead of the NHS saving us we are asked to save the NHS.
    The daily briefings fill me with dread as they bumble through the agenda, and not just in England. Gethin and Drakeford tell us daily that we can do 5000 tests a day and we manage 800. Chaos in administration so sites like CC stadium are underused. Drakeford says no PPE issues in Wales. Nurses and care homes tell us otherwise.
    Public Health bodies prove to be bureaucratic autocracies, reluctant to engage with the expertise in the private sector. I read recently of a local welsh company diverting its production and making face visors. All ready to go but waiting for them to be approved.
    And finally today's papers talk of easing the lockdown in May when we are still not seeing a decline in daily cases in UK, and marginal in Wales. We could be setting ourselves up for a second wave as blustering leadership continues.

Oh, but Boris is such a character

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Oh, but Boris is such a character
    He only missed 5 Cobra meetings mun. What’s wrong with that. I mean he had more important stuff to sort out like divorcing his cancer suffering wife because his girlfriend was pregnant. Go Boris

The prime minister had been sunning himself with his girlfriend in the millionaires’ Caribbean resort of Mustique when China first alerted the World Health Organisation (WHO) on December 31 that several cases of an unusual pneumonia had been recorded in Wuhan, a city of 11 million people in Hubei province.
    Things that are perhaps being but on pause and/or forgotten during this crisis: (as reported on 12/02/2020), we still don't know who paid for this holiday; (as reported on 21/02/2020), a leak of report into the Home Office states it's "institutionally racist" before this is edited out of final copy; (as reported on 16/03/2020) report into garden bridge not released despite FOI request to project now liquidated trust; (as of 19/04/2020), report into Russian interference into UK politics still delayed.

That's a lot of information we don't know from a government that used the excuse that CCHQ is so commonly known to be conservatives that they can't be accused of misleading public by tweeting out political statements presented as facts, with Michael Gove then accusing Channel 4 of being ready to doctor the twitter feed when questioned about it.

What we do know: Brexit will happen no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    He only missed 5 Cobra meetings mun. What’s wrong with that. I mean he had more important stuff to sort out like divorcing his cancer suffering wife because his girlfriend was pregnant. Go Boris
    Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    He then gives us a shining example of how easy it is to contract Covid19 through an individual’s utter stupidity. He should’ve stayed hidden in the fridge.

Heisenberg

Hilarious
    What do you make of the fact that he missed the meetings, Monkfish?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The whole thing is turning into a mess. Cometh the hour, cometh the man and Boris, Raab, Hancock, Drakeford, Gethin have failed.

Track and trace started well then all change. Rugby internationals, Cheltenham festival etc deemed OK because they were outdoor events. Rubbish, we all know the damage is done when we are toe to toe in the bars.

Eventually, after football clubs and similar had taken their own action because they could see the issues, the government takes action. Lockdown arrives as cases escalate.
    After earlier messages that the NHS was set up to handle whatever was thrown at it, the realisation that it wasn't. Not enough beds, ventilators, PPE, doctors, nurses. So instead of the NHS saving us we are asked to save the NHS.
    The daily briefings fill me with dread as they bumble through the agenda, and not just in England. Gethin and Drakeford tell us daily that we can do 5000 tests a day and we manage 800. Chaos in administration so sites like CC stadium are underused. Drakeford says no PPE issues in Wales. Nurses and care homes tell us otherwise.
    Public Health bodies prove to be bureaucratic autocracies, reluctant to engage with the expertise in the private sector. I read recently of a local welsh company diverting its production and making face visors. All ready to go but waiting for them to be approved.
    And finally today's papers talk of easing the lockdown in May when we are still not seeing a decline in daily cases in UK, and marginal in Wales. We could be setting ourselves up for a second wave as blustering leadership continues.
    Good post.

I watch the politicians on the daily briefings and think back to how everyone used to take the piss out of the Iraqi Defence Minister back in 2003 with his blatant and ridiculous propaganda and while I'm not saying that our politicians are in his league, there are similarities.

About a month to six weeks ago I decided that it wouldn't be fair to be too political about the outbreak because I thought Governments were on a hiding to nothing on it, but, with each passing week, it's being proved that I was wrong to think like that. Here is another damning piece that has been published in a newspaper today - this time the Observer;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virus-so-wrong

As for our Prime Minister, the thing that occurred to me when I first heard about the story of his five missed Cobra meetings this morning was "maybe it's not true, but can anybody really put their hand on their heart and deny in all sincerity that it could well be based on what is known of the man?" - after all, although there has obviously been very genuine reasons behind some of his absences from the workings of Government in the last three months, he has been "missing in action" for an awful lot of that time.

iain duncan smith getting a bit rattled earlier on sky news trying to defend his government

Banned

FIVE COBRA meetings MISSED? Incredible stuff, but sadly not unexpected.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good post.

I watch the politicians on the daily briefings and think back to how everyone used to take the piss out of the Iraqi Defence Minister back in 2003 with his blatant and ridiculous propaganda and while I'm not saying that our politicians are in his league, there are similarities.

About a month to six weeks ago I decided that it wouldn't be fair to be too political about the outbreak because I thought Governments were on a hiding to nothing on it, but, with each passing week, it's being proved that I was wrong to think like that. Here is another damning piece that has been published in a newspaper today - this time the Observer;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virus-so-wrong

As for our Prime Minister, the thing that occurred to me when I first heard about the story of his five missed Cobra meetings this morning was "maybe it's not true, but can anybody really put their hand on their heart and deny in all sincerity that it could well be based on what is known of the man?" - after all, although there has obviously been very genuine reasons behind some of his absences from the workings of Government in the last three months, he has been "missing in action" for an awful lot of that time.
    I have also been giving the Government some leeway, based on the fact this is quite unprecedented. To have the man in charge absent at FIVE COBRA meetings is nothing more than neglect of duty.

I feel we are getting a grasp on the situation now, but there will come a time when questions will need to be answered. When we see how Germany handled the situation, with fact based and science based actions from the very start, and their lower rates of death, and the fact they are now planning to come out of lockdown - then it really brings it home.

We need to get any people with virus into the said hospitals for them, hearing of people going in without it and then coming down with it in there..... the amount of people missing important ops and appointments etc must be staggering....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    We need to get any people with virus into the said hospitals for them, hearing of people going in without it and then coming down with it in there..... the amount of people missing important ops and appointments etc must be staggering....
    I was speaking to someone who.is in his seventies and has lived in this area for nearly all of his life yesterday - he is living proof of that notion that everyone knows everyone in the valleys. He said he was only aware of two people who have had the virus in this village. One died of it a month ago and he'd heard the other one was very poorly on Thursday night - in both cases, they caught the virus in hospital after being admitted to hospital for treatment for an unrelated condition.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    iain duncan smith getting a bit rattled earlier on sky news trying to defend his government

2 observations:

i) IDS describes what happens early in January then skips February and half of March to get to where we are now.

ii) Imagine if media were willing to scrutinise IDS and others of his party like this before December? Unless there are a series of detailed and well explained reports into past 5 years before the next election then most of the public are going to be voting mostly blind leaving these Fidesz wannabees to romp home yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What do you make of the fact that he missed the meetings, Monkfish?
    Not sure what point is - if he wasn't well enough it would make sense. Bit like that NHS director asking the BBC the contact numbers for PPE suppliers.

Not sure what point is - if he wasn't well enough it would make sense. Bit like that NHS director asking the BBC the contact numbers for PPE suppliers.
    The BBC corrected that. It was not someone who worked for the Trust and they issued an apology.

Not to say there isn't an issue.

I'm dismayed that so far nearly 10% of all Covid deaths reported worldwide are in the UK. What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was speaking to someone who.is in his seventies and has lived in this area for nearly all of his life yesterday - he is living proof of that notion that everyone knows everyone in the valleys. He said he was only aware of two people who have had the virus in this village. One died of it a month ago and he'd heard the other one was very poorly on Thursday night - in both cases, they caught the virus in hospital after being admitted to hospital for treatment for an unrelated condition.
    very sad that this is happening...same here where i live .