+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 350 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The fuucking irony of the Tories crying about a Murdoch owned right wing shiit sheet printing “falsehoods”
    Times have set out to undermine Johnson big time over last few months. I've little doubt it's inspired by a current cabinet minister.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Times have set out to undermine Johnson big time over last few months. I've little doubt it's inspired by a current cabinet minister.
    Why not let it play out to it's inevitable conclusion? Forest fires in Australia, coronavirus and Michael Gove becoming PM does seem to fit together. At least Boris is lazy enough to allow his lies to become known...

Does anyone have access to the Telegraph? Seen a twitter thread which has suggested UK government put pressure on Cheltenham to go ahead but do not know whether it's accurate or an interpretation of following article: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/racing/2...enham-proceed/

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The word from Downing Street at the time that Boris was in hospital was all about how strong he was and how his spirit would overcome the Coronavirus.

Now we get this shit from Gove: ""I think that anyone who considered what happened to the prime minister not long ago, nobody can say the prime minister isn't throwing heart and soul into fighting this virus."

So, because he was hospitalised, it proves that he's done everything he can to prevent the spread of Covid-19?! It boils my piss.
    They'll use it. The Sun will have a picture of him in a Tin Hat and a mock up of a Covid 19 virus in as a German stormtrooper, with the headline 'Boris, Blitz, Fritz' or something of that nature. It'll eventually be given a militaristic theme.

We are like a third world country.I heard an allegation today that the UK Government let PPE stocks run down before the virus.
    Our key workers are LIONS led by Donkeys..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-hits-80.html

Just imagine the reaction if it had been Prime Minister Corbyn who had not bothered to turn up for the five meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    2 observations:

i) IDS describes what happens early in January then skips February and half of March to get to where we are now.

ii) Imagine if media were willing to scrutinise IDS and others of his party like this before December? Unless there are a series of detailed and well explained reports into past 5 years before the next election then most of the public are going to be voting mostly blind leaving these Fidesz wannabees to romp home yet again.

So, the poster who is not scared to upset anyone because he "tells it like it is" is reduced to feebly bleating on about how the Times has got it in for a Conservative Prime Minister - strange days indeed.

Nothing to do with his performance as a PM then? You could be right as Murdoch has probably now realised Boris the populist is a bit of a loose cannon.

It’s still hilariously ironic that the Tories are bleating

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, the poster who is not scared to upset anyone because he "tells it like it is" is reduced to feebly bleating on about how the Times has got it in for a Conservative Prime Minister - strange days indeed.
    Bleating? LMFAO.

Pointing out the obvious - except to you - that this is orchestrated from within the cabinet. I've little doubt Gove is settling scores.

The fact the Times article has been comprehensively debunked, as has an FT one is also interesting. Newspaper industry dying on arse, looking for headlines, TV media full on bozos like Peston...

We're at the stage where media muppets and plebs claim to know more of the medical side than CMO, deputy CMO et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Nothing to do with his performance as a PM then? You could be right as Murdoch has probably now realised Boris the populist is a bit of a loose cannon.

It’s still hilariously ironic that the Tories are bleating
    I don't think Murdoch cares whether we have a loose cannon as PM, in fact he would almost certainly prefer it as it would help sell more papers / generate more website hits. He couldn't give a shit how well run the country is, what he doesn't want is any PM who would seek to curtail his influence.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    That looks the most abject response to a critique of an article (which in itself was mostly constructed from people in government who are knifing Boris Johnson in his sick bed and fighting like rats in a sack to avoid blame and position themselves for the future) that I can recall. What was your favourite rebuttal? I went for this:

Claim - The government sent 279,000 items of its depleted stockpile of protective equipment to China during this period in response to a request for help from the authorities there.

Response - The equipment was not from the pandemic stockpile. We provided this equipment to China at the height of their need and China has since reciprocated our donation many times over. Between April 2-April 15 we have received over 12 million pieces of PPE in the UK from China.
    Not trying to defend anyone in particular, but just read in one of today's papers that Care Homes should not be blaming the government for lack of PPE.
    Most are privately run and charge around £50K a year for each resident. Following a UK pandemic exercise in 2016 they were told to keep adequate PPE. Of course that would be at their own expense.....so what happens? Nothing

Of course not, because you don't care about what he does or doesn't do, really. I doubt you're alone in that respect.

You're still under the impression that there's 'nothing to see here' when it comes to Covid-19. It's baffling and concerning that there's people like you out there.
    Now you're getting personal - because people have different views to you. This place really is your life, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Not trying to defend anyone in particular, but just read in one of today's papers that Care Homes should not be blaming the government for lack of PPE.
    Most are privately run and charge around £50K a year for each resident. Following a UK pandemic exercise in 2016 they were told to keep adequate PPE. Of course that would be at their own expense.....so what happens? Nothing
    I guess the only way to "tell" privately run bodies to establish and maintain adequate supplies of PPE is through regulation which would have been considered "nanny state" if anything like that was brought forward. Without it as you say it would be left to individual organisations to consider what was adequate against their own profit margins.

It is an area of personal pertinence. My mother has recently moved into a home after a period in hospital and last night my father-in-law left his care home to move to hospital as his rising temperature was giving cause for concern.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Now you're getting personal - because people have different views to you. This place really is your life, isn't it.
    Not in the slightest, Monkfish. I'm getting personal because your views are f**king dangerous. You're still in denial about the severity of Covid-19 and we're halfway through April and approximately 17,000 have died from it in hospitals already. Potentially a lot more to add to that from care homes.

This messageboard isn't my life. My partner, my daughter and my family are my life and I'm worried that people like you are going about as normal when everyone else is making sacrifices to lessen the risk of losing any of our loved ones.

What the f**k is it going to take for you to start taking this seriously?

Where is he being personal? Some soppy bastards on here ffs

Someone saying your opinion is wrong isn't getting personal, stop being such a fanny.

Personal??! If you've ever used the word snowflake take a long hard look at yourself

Not in the slightest, Monkfish. I'm getting personal because your views are f**king dangerous. You're still in denial about the severity of Covid-19 and we're halfway through April and approximately 17,000 have died from it in hospitals already. Potentially a lot more to add to that from care homes.

This messageboard isn't my life. My partner, my daughter and my family are my life and I'm worried that people like you are going about as normal when everyone else is making sacrifices to lessen the risk of losing any of our loved ones.

What the f**k is it going to take for you to start taking this seriously?
    I haven't a clue what the above post was about. As I said you don't like the fact I'm not buying into every single bit of information we're being told. I safe distance like 90% of others but I'm not really interested in your personal family details, so please refrain. Keep posting, and don't forget to put the * in those swear words..

I haven't a clue what the above post was about. As I said you don't like the fact I'm not buying into every single bit of information we're being told. I safe distance like 90% of others but I'm not really interested in your personal family details, so please refrain. Keep posting, and don't forget to put the * in those swear words..
    ****ing hell

Heisenberg

I'm just glad that you're safe distancing.

Bleating? LMFAO.

Pointing out the obvious - except to you - that this is orchestrated from within the cabinet. I've little doubt Gove is settling scores.

The fact the Times article has been comprehensively debunked, as has an FT one is also interesting. Newspaper industry dying on arse, looking for headlines, TV media full on bozos like Peston...

We're at the stage where media muppets and plebs claim to know more of the medical side than CMO, deputy CMO et al.
    You can laugh if you like, but you're bleating just like the Government are - see Duncan Smith's outrage at being asked the sort of question anyone defending a Government should be asked in the current situation and the use of what is supposed to be a public service information website to post their "comprehensive debunking" (I must have got it wrong because I spent about half a century thinking those two words meant something completely different to what you seem to believe they do).

Tell it like it is - a lion when it comes to telling it like it is about those on one side of the political spectrum and as gentle as a lamb when it comes to those on the other side.

I agree with you but that just makes it a hot potatoe with no accountability. Government still needs to legally or otherwise protect the people who work in care homes from the poor decision making of their employers.

Bleating? LMFAO.

Government responses to damning newspaper stories have a distinct whiff of Cummings & are achingly long but they should of course be read. Their primary purpose, though, is not to establish truth but to give the blindly faithful something to wave about. That’s what Cummings does - https://twitter.com/mrjamesob
    Think it's fair to have a read and see the claims and counter claims: https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2020...sight-article/

Hopefully an independent report is also looking into it so we have clearer idea what is going on. Meanwhile this:

Spoken to lots of NHS staff this wkend about PPE. Some trusts in a good place, some in a v bad one. One theme though is that most have no confidence in Public Health England’s PPE advice: they think it’s being chopped and changed according to supply (or lack thereof),not science - https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/st...64173833195528

You're quite right. My sister-in-law who spent 30+ yrs in the NHS and then in the Care Industry says exactly the same. It's always been their responsibility for such matters but now they see the opportunity for a bit of free PPE instead of forking it out themselves. There are 22,000 care homes in the UK. How the hell they expect the Govt. to get PPE to all those is a mystery

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Have you been on the haggis?
    Hate the stuff, it's offal.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I agree with you but that just makes it a hot potatoe with no accountability. Government still needs to legally or otherwise protect the people who work in care homes from the poor decision making of their employers.
    You can carry that to every person working in every job in the country. But if the government passed legislation to say these care homes should keep this stuff and now they still had insufficient people would still die and the governmet would still be getting the blame for not having sufficient to cover the care homes failure. If a construction company failed to give a worker the correct PPE and he died would you blame the government for not having given it to him instead?

The real point about PPE in care homes is that it is to protect the people who work there not the inmates. (Sorry can't think of the appropriate word) so they woud still be dying anyway.