+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 290 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    So you will be taking the same action as conspiracy theorists ?
    Not at all. If I develop the symptoms, will install and use the app.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Not at all. If I develop the symptoms, will install and use the app.
    It's just as useful to the data collection to report no symptoms. I can't remember what information I provided when I signed up to the ZOE project. I still think data collection is a massive tool to dampen down the disease. Seeing how it works in Singapore makes me think that needs to be replicated here.

Similarly, I have signed up to the Vodafone dream lab - along with 95,000 others, which allows the Imperial College to use my phone's processing power to make calculations whilst my phone isn't in use, and is plugged in.

Anything collected (and it wasn't much) is protected under GDPR.

Without centralisation, you end up with disparate data sets. Ok, say one region has contact tracing for South Wales - what happens as people move across boundaries?

I'm saying those who believe the 5G shit, believe the app data will be used by EVVVVIIILLLL government forces tend to be conspiracy theorists.

Still, we've got your informed view to rely on.
    You think that a proposed decentralised solution to this problem involves each region holding the data for the people who live there?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Herd Immunity. Full steam ahead. Toot, toot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    In the words of the Captain of the Titanic...full speed ahead and to hell with the icebergs!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Often the way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

This is good news - we really need to see immunity after contracting the illness, the longer the better. When the news of 99 people (originally, it is up to 277 now) being tested as positive after recovering broke, it presented a possible nightmare scenario.

To effective trace, you'd need to know precise where people are - Bluetooth doesn't prvide location data to best of my knowledge?
    It's tracing contact not people. Contact can be traced via Bluetooth, government argument about location data would be that it provides a better picture of the spread, hotspots etc.

Have you done a bit of research into decentralised/centralised systems now? Do you see why so many CS and data privacy experts are in favour of decentralisation? Do you realise why your comparison was dumb?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "I'm not doing anything wrong" - proceeds to delete LinkedIn profile and closes the sales website immediately.

Sure sign of guilt.

International

It's amazing how easily greed can make people stupid!

https://www.hsj.co.uk/quality-and-pe...027544.article

The distorted impact of political targets often ends with these types of contrivances.

there are people...i think that i see them almost daily , that are lacking empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    https://www.hsj.co.uk/quality-and-pe...027544.article

The distorted impact of political targets often ends with these types of contrivances.
    I didnt understand the relevance of 100k and therefore was ambivalent over whether it was reached or not. I know some people will say 'damned if they do, damned if they dont' but this target was set entirely off their own backs and wasn't based on the science. I wouldn't have criticised the government if they missed this target, manipulating the figures to make it look like a success seems worse than failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I didnt understand the relevance of 100k and therefore was ambivalent over whether it was reached or not. I know some people will say 'damned if they do, damned if they dont' but this target was set entirely off their own backs and wasn't based on the science. I wouldn't have criticised the government if they missed this target, manipulating the figures to make it look like a success seems worse than failing.
    I agree. Hancock set that target and hung his own and the government's reputation on it. They haven't met it. It was bad enough when Raab started to substitute 'testing capacity' for 'completed tests' - but this change now also includes 'tests in the post' or 'tests we intend to put in the post' to mean the same as 'completed tests'. It is dishonest, self-serving and (for anyone paying attention) will just undermine trust (more) in what ministers say. Own goal!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I agree. Hancock set that target and hung his own and the government's reputation on it. They haven't met it. It was bad enough when Raab started to substitute 'testing capacity' for 'completed tests' - but this change now also includes 'tests in the post' or 'tests we intend to put in the post' to mean the same as 'completed tests'. It is dishonest, self-serving and (for anyone paying attention) will just undermine trust (more) in what ministers say. Own goal!
    Have they definitely not met the target? I'd assumed we would see a confirmation that they'd reached it at today's briefing.

International

Have they definitely not met the target? I'd assumed we would see a confirmation that they'd reached it at today's briefing.
    They've met it and more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They've met it and more.
    Cleverly amending the description of "test" from "tests carried out" to "tests sent out".

Over 122k tests.

Piers Moron however is whining because they hit over 100k tests when he says it was only 73k people.

Over 122k tests.

Piers Moron however is whining because they hit over 100k tests when he says it was only 73k people.
    Is that 122,000 completed tests?

If so it’s a step in the right direction.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...it-100000-goal

Seems they hit the target of people tested if you count retests and tests in the post! Otherwise, no they didn't hit the target!

Banned

Seems they hit the target of people tested if you count retests and tests in the post! Otherwise, no they didn't hit the target!

Ouch.

International

I noticed yesterday that all the jhouralists who kept saying gthey would never rwach the target changed their tac as soon as the realised they might and instead started saying they would reach the target but it weasd a hollow acheivement and that it didn't mean anything, and so on.
    If they hadn't met it they same people would have been attempting to shred them for failing.