+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 350 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Almost certainly.

Air pollution damages lungs, covid-19 infection can trigger underlying ailments.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Update on the cakeydoll Labour activist / nurse at a Southend hospital.

https://twitter.com/GiftCee/status/1251913423358697472

Charity have now deleted their tweet for some unimaginable reason.

I do hope the nurse didn't steal PPE she claims doesn't exist...
    He's found the smoking gun. There's **** loads of PPE and all the nurses are stealing it and giving it away or selling it.

Almost certainly.

Air pollution damages lungs, covid-19 infection can trigger underlying ailments.
    That's what I thought, the locations with the worst death rates in this country tends to support the findings as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    He's found the smoking gun. There's **** loads of PPE and all the nurses are stealing it and giving it away or selling it.
    Care to point out where I've said "all"?

No?

Funny that.

If this nurse has stolen, I presume you'll condemn them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's what I thought, the locations with the worst death rates in this country tends to support the findings as well.
    Tbf it's hardly the most out there finding to make.

It could lead governments to target resources based upon air quality in specific regions I guess.

No?

Funny that.

Whilst most of the country claps for the carers please do keep us updated on individual nurses you can find for us to condemn.

Banned

WTI Crude oil trading at $4.04, it could actually have a negative price.

No?

Funny that.

It just seems a unimportant story to obsessively follow during this crisis unless you are trying to make some kind of point that applies more widely.

Do I have to publicly condemn everything that is bad now? You think you might be losing it a little?

Obsessive? Just interested in the story, something different than the usual navel gazing going on.

Hey ho, remind us what can and can't be posted please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That is an interesting dichotomy, perhaps Murdoch is firing a shot across Johnson's bough with the Times with the threat of turning the Sun's readership against him if he doesn't give him what he wants.
    Who knows what that would be? the evisceration of the BBC probably.

Total speculation obviously, could be that Murdoch no longer takes as close an eye on the output of his organs (fnarr fnarr) and the different editors are taking a different approach.
    I’d welcome this different approach if it was impartial throughout.

It’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

Obsessive? Just interested in the story, something different than the usual navel gazing going on.

Hey ho, remind us what can and can't be posted please.
    It’s a bit of a deflection isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Whilst most of the country claps for the carers please do keep us updated on individual nurses you can find for us to condemn.
    Indeed, I demand a minute's hate alongside the clapping!

Nah, wasn't. If anything I was more left wing at the time.

Dad used to be a shop steward at Merthyr's Hoover plant. When others wanted a frivalous strike, he disagreed and was then beaten up for his efforts. He quit, becoming self-employed.

At that point, I reassessed my previous views.
    Hoovers during the 80s had a well known Trade Union representative who was viewed as extremely militant, left wing and troublesome to the then owners.

Banned

Oil at MINUS $28 a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

You denounce what I say as "utter crap" and then spend seven paragraphs proving my point. interesting you said you didn't vote for Johnson as leader - around 99.8% of the UK population never got the chance to, were you one of the 0.2%?
    True at the time the tories chose him

But everyone of voting age got their chance in December , Bob.

( and I am not one of the 0.2%)

The ideal for just about 95% of us would be this Tory party keeping this sizeable majority, increasing it potentially, based on how well they have governed over a 5 year period, especially during this critical period of time, and how everyone has had their lives improved, with them having plans to make things even better over next 5 years. Even in a short period of time however I would suggest following statements are more likely to ring true/ominous than my opening statement:

The government has been accused of "silencing media"

The government has been accused of "[chipping] away at the country's democratic framework, reducing judicial independence, taking control of most state and private media and reshaping the electoral system to favor the government"

The government has been accused of removing independent judges, stacking the Constitutional Court and judicial institutions with loyalists, and appointing as chief prosecutor a former party member who has seldom pursued corruption charges against government politicians

The government has been accused of corruption and of fostering a "clique of loyal oligarchs"

The government has been accused of using an illusory spectre of immigration for its political gain;
    But these wiki statements haven't been taken from the UK webpage...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fidesz

Still, 4.5 years is a long time to go so lets hope they turn it around and quickly too. I'd much rather admit I got it wrong politically than see poor handling of this virus a second longer.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Oil at MINUS $28 a barrel.
    Does this mean that I can get a barrel of oil [I]and[/]be given $28?!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Does this mean that I can get a barrel of oil [I]and[/]be given $28?!
    Technically, yes. I'll have a million barrels please. I'll keep it in my shed until it is $60 and I'll pretend I am JR Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Technically, yes. I'll have a million barrels please. I'll keep it in my shed until it is $60 and I'll pretend I am JR Ewing.
    America will invade you in 2023.

Heisenberg

America will invade you in 2023.

What utter crap.

I've seen Labour supporters claiming Gordon Brown chaired COBRA during foot and mouth, completely ignoring the fact that was 2001, Brown PM 2007-10.
    I haven't got time to go through each point of your latest Tory love in but here's the first one destroyed to bits for you

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...k-5334406.html

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I haven't got time to go through each point of your latest Tory love in but here's the first one destroyed to bits for you

Four sites, quickly contained.

Labour fans claimed Brown was in charge during the main outbreak in 2001.

Destroyed to bits indeed...

Four sites, quickly contained.

Labour fans claimed Brown was in charge during the main outbreak in 2001.

Destroyed to bits indeed...
    The question is what did the PM do when there was a potential national crisis in 2007? Answer was cut short his holiday immediately to chair COBRA meetings. Same question for now, answer is stayed on holiday and missed 5 of them.

The fact Brown dropped everything when it was an easily contained issue and Johnson didn't when it was an impossible to contain issue isn't an argument in your favour, you've just destroyed your own argument further

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Fair play on reading the article that was a rapid response by Labour mobalising their Ministers immediately and get on with Cobra meetings and that was for foot and mouth the Conservatives have been found seriously lacking in their response to the CV crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Fair play on reading the article that was a rapid response by Labour mobalising their Ministers immediately and get on with Cobra meetings and that was for foot and mouth the Conservatives have been found seriously lacking in their response to the CV crisis.
    Difference being, trampie, UK government had been through it before as a result were aware of the issues and consequences. It's always easier to deal effectively a second time round, learning from the past.