+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 350 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Heisenberg

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    That is the second post today I've seen claiming not to take sides but then takes sides, lol.
    It's really not.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's really not.
    ''i cannot not think of too many on the opposition benches being capable enough to be part of it".

Heisenberg

''i cannot not think of too many on the opposition benches being capable enough to be part of it".
    "That is the second post today".

How are you not understanding people's posts without handholding all of a sudden?

"That is the second post today".

How are you not understanding people's posts without handholding all of a sudden?
    I'm the second poster that has picked up on a particular post on this thread, so perhaps it is you that doesn't understand.

International

these NHS workers who cannot get to testing stations, I'll gladly take them in my car if it helps but who do I talk to that can sort it out?

anything is better than all those potential tests bering wasted every day

Heisenberg

I'm the second poster that has picked up on a particular post on this thread, so perhaps it is you that doesn't understand.
    Jesus...

You said "That is the second post today I've seen claiming not to take sides but then takes sides, lol."

What was the first post then?

Like pulling teeth.

Jesus...

You said "That is the second post today I've seen claiming not to take sides but then takes sides, lol."

What was the first post then?

Like pulling teeth.
    Isn't this one good enough for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    No i mean taking cheap shots for political gain.
    i would like to see a multi party government to tackle this crisis but there again i cannot not think of too many on the opposition benches being capable enough to be part of it.Maybe that remark is uncalled for but i honestly think its a case of dammed if you do dammed if you dont.
    The media seem to revel in painting as black a picture as they can and to jump on anything negative and blow it right up.
    yes mistakes have been made but not intentionally and I dont see anybody doing any better.
    Anyone defending the government's reaction to Covid soon outs themselves as a bootlicker

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    No i mean taking cheap shots for political gain.
    i would like to see a multi party government to tackle this crisis but there again i cannot not think of too many on the opposition benches being capable enough to be part of it.Maybe that remark is uncalled for but i honestly think its a case of dammed if you do dammed if you dont.
    The media seem to revel in painting as black a picture as they can and to jump on anything negative and blow it right up.
    yes mistakes have been made but not intentionally and I dont see anybody doing any better.
    I agree it's so easy to criticise with hindsight, this is a new virus, and there are no perfect easy solutions, the main objectives were to ensure the NHS capacity was increased which it is and to slow down the speed of the virus, and they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I agree it's so easy to criticise with hindsight, this is a new virus, and there are no perfect easy solutions, the main objectives were to ensure the NHS capacity was increased which it is and to slow down the speed of the virus, and they have.
    See

Has it met the objective of ensuring NHS capacity has increased though ?, as it is feared we have not got enough nurses to man the beds, there is little point in having the beds if we have not got the nurses.

"...slow down the speed of the virus, and they have."

How was herd immunity, allow 250000 people attend Cheltenham and then dither about undertaking a lockdown due to a political ideology slowing down the virus?

Heisenberg

Isn't this one good enough for you ?
    I thought as much.

One thing hasn't changed: Wales isn't mentioned in Westminster unless being used to slag off labour in the Senedd. It's not really a Union with our best interests in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    One thing hasn't changed: Wales isn't mentioned in Westminster unless being used to slag off labour in the Senedd. It's not really a Union with our best interests in mind.
    Yes I've noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Damn, I must have imagined Welsh questions occurring in HoC before PMQs then.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    From the article

Prof Spiegelhalter said that coronavirus was not given as the cause on many of the death certificates but was likely to be a direct or indirect factor. He said many doctors would initially have been reluctant to designate the virus as the cause on death certificates as it was a new disease and they could not have been certain.

Some of those who died from other causes may have been too scared to attend hospital or did not want to be a burden on the health service so they could be seen as possible indirect victims of the virus, he argued. But he added, the sheer number of deaths caused by the virus meant, “there is no suggestion that the collateral damage — however large it is — is anything like as big as the harm from Covid”.
    'Thousands missing out on cancer diagnosis' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52382303

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Damn, I must have imagined Welsh questions occurring in HoC before PMQs then.
    Yes, get them out of the way before the real business.

It is also disappointing that Wales wasn't mentioned in the government's Brexit plans. Scotland and Northern Ireland were.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, get them out of the way before the real business.

It is also disappointing that Wales wasn't mentioned in the government's Brexit plans. Scotland and Northern Ireland were.
    There is a reason for that historically but its not worth discussing it.

18,000 deaths in a month. Those using the death rate as an argument against social distancing are going to have to find a new argument I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    18,000 deaths in a month. Those using the death rate as an argument against social distancing are going to have to find a new argument I suppose.
    How many do we usually have this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How many do we usually have this time of year?
    Can be as high a 20,000 in a peak 'flu season. One point. Deaths are announced - on the BBC for example as "...having been identified as contracting CV. They're careful not to say 'died of CV'. Sadly a lot of those 18,000 would have died soon anyway. However I reckon in about 6 months' time when the figures for deaths from un-treated/diagnosed cancer, heart, etc. conditions are calculated, they'll more than match the total CV -related deaths..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Can be as high a 20,000 in a peak 'flu season. One point. Deaths are announced - on the BBC for example as "...having been identified as contracting CV. They're careful not to say 'died of CV'. Sadly a lot of those 18,000 would have died soon anyway. However I reckon in about 6 months' time when the figures for deaths from un-treated/diagnosed cancer, heart, etc. conditions are calculated, they'll more than match the total CV -related deaths..
    High as 20,000 annually for flu, and this is 18,000 in less than six weeks.

If it's the case that most of these people would die soon anyway, and I'm not saying it isn't, then that would also be the case with most seasonal flu victims. So why do we bother giving annual flu jabs to the older generation and NHS staff?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    High as 20,000 annually for flu, and this is 18,000 in less than six weeks.

If it's the case that most of these people would die soon anyway, and I'm not saying it isn't, then that would also be the case with most seasonal flu victims. So why do we bother giving annual flu jabs to the older generation and NHS staff?
    18,000 with a lockdown in place. How many would it be without it?

I don't get the "these people would have died soon anyway", what is that based on?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    18,000 with a lockdown in place. How many would it be without it?

I don't get the "these people would have died soon anyway", what is that based on?
    I think it's based on most deaths being old. We'll all become a death statistic some day, so I'm not getting into an imaginary prediction debate of how and when it might happen.

My point is that the "they'll die soon anyway" argument doesn't hold water when we try hard to vaccinate the same people who'll die soon against flu. So it obviously is a consideration to keep people alive.