+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 350 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Also how old is old enough to die? Aren't a lot of these people in their 70s?

Imagine working all your life just getting to retirement and then dying of this virus. Then being discounted in the numbers as they were old anyway. Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Also how old is old enough to die? Aren't a lot of these people in their 70s?

Imagine working all your life just getting to retirement and then dying of this virus. Then being discounted in the numbers as they were old anyway. Madness.
    Nobody is old enough to die, there are 70 year olds who are younger than 40 year olds, if you get my drift. Some old ‘uns would jump over the head of people years younger.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Nobody is old enough to die, there are 70 year olds who are younger than 40 year olds, if you get my drift. Some old ‘uns would jump over the head of people years younger.
    I agree, that's why it seems such a mad attitude to me

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Can be as high a 20,000 in a peak 'flu season. One point. Deaths are announced - on the BBC for example as "...having been identified as contracting CV. They're careful not to say 'died of CV'. Sadly a lot of those 18,000 would have died soon anyway. However I reckon in about 6 months' time when the figures for deaths from un-treated/diagnosed cancer, heart, etc. conditions are calculated, they'll more than match the total CV -related deaths..
    I don't think that Cause of death is ever a virus, it's the symptoms of a virus or disease, same with an accident. If a person fell down a lift shaft his or her cause of death wouldn't be falling down a lift shaft, it'd be multiple head injuries or brain damage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think that Cause of death is ever a virus, it's the symptoms of a virus or disease, same with an accident. If a person fell down a lift shaft his or her cause of death wouldn't be falling down a lift shaft, it'd be multiple head injuries or brain damage etc.
    Yeah this is true. I'm sure there are many deaths from flu that only occur because of underlying illness but nevertheless appear in the stats.

You either accept both flu and coronavirus in this way, or neither. Using the flu figures because they look good but refuting the coronavirus ones because there's other illness there is cherrypicking.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah this is true. I'm sure there are many deaths from flu that only occur because of underlying illness but nevertheless appear in the stats.

You either accept both flu and coronavirus in this way, or neither. Using the flu figures because they look good but refuting the coronavirus ones because there's other illness there is cherrypicking.
    I thought we flew in some foreigners to do that for us?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought we flew in some foreigners to do that for us?
    Bad Heisenbeg!!! LMAO

Wales could ease some restrictions at the end of the current three week period;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52396683

Couple of weeks ago posted about a NHS worker who had all the symptoms had the testers up the house and told me she had never been so ill in her life. She tested negative. Looked awful.

Just been told she went back to work didnt still feel right went home ill again. Re tested positive.!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Couple of weeks ago posted about a NHS worker who had all the symptoms had the testers up the house and told me she had never been so ill in her life. She tested negative. Looked awful.

Just been told she went back to work didnt still feel right went home ill again. Re tested positive.!!!!!!
    How did she get ‘the testers up the house’ - they haven't been doing this to date have they ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How did she get ‘the testers up the house’ - they haven't been doing this to date have they ?
    Im not sure. This was the first test. I was told when she was ill shed had the test at home. When I saw her a week or so later I didnt ask if it had been a home test. She just told me it had been negative and in a way she wished it had shown positive.

I thought early on they were home testing but I may be wrong.

Government were warned of risks of a pandemic last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virus-pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Government were warned of risks of a pandemic last year.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virus-pandemic
    Bird flu pandemic could kill 200 million people, says Neil Ferguson from Imperial College.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...u.jamessturcke

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Where is Dominic Cummings?

International

how the hell can a welsh NHS trust area under report deaths for a month or more and not notice that the numbers on the TV every evening were wrong?
    it begger beleif.
    If they hadn't coughed to it now and carried on doing it, it could have caused disaster if the lockdown was eased too early. Betwen people like that and the health Minister they are making the government look very amateur, which despite his appearance, is I think ancunfair reflaction of drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    how the hell can a welsh NHS trust area under report deaths for a month or more and not notice that the numbers on the TV every evening were wrong?
    it begger beleif.
    If they hadn't coughed to it now and carried on doing it, it could have caused disaster if the lockdown was eased too early. Betwen people like that and the health Minister they are making the government look very amateur, which despite his appearance, is I think ancunfair reflaction of drakeford.
    Did they have any other symptoms?

International

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Did they have any other symptoms?
    no pun idended but well spotted.

Have not yet chance to see whether correction has been made since (either greater action being taken or clarity over facts presented) but this tweet suggests that Wales left out of Westminster thinking again.

"The Government has secured an agreement along with French and Irish governments" to keep freight routes open throughout the coronavirus crisis, Grant Shapps announces...

But not the Holyhead to Dublin ferry route according to the Welsh government which says ‘it is unacceptable, inexplicable and irresponsible that the Port of Holyhead has not been included’

https://twitter.com/adrianmasters84/...19613575233536

no longer required but was nice to see UK engineering firms stepping up to the plate when asked . The moral of the story UK has some briliant design and manufacturing firms . Hope to see the UK expand there manufacturing operations in the coming years . Not sure how but would love to knock china back a peg or two . they just copy most things anyway

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52409359

What a depressing graph that is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What a depressing graph that is.
    The media really need to be sorted at the moment, we all know it’s a big deal etc but come on, not sure if it’s the government leading them to try and make people scared to go out etc but making a lot of particularly elderly folk I know so depressed they can’t watch it anymore.

Following on from my last past I haven’t seen too much of the news this week either, this weather doesn’t lend itself to having the Tv on!
    As deaths in Wales seem to be low and falling, I’m hearing from my dr and nurse next door neighbours that the Heath is quiet and MS not even being used yet, so are we over the peak? Can we start to relax things a bit, small shops open etc? Get track and tracing full on to catch any new infections straight away. I hear they want to recruit 1000’ of people to do this, how will they do this and can anyone do it?

Some people trust Boris Johnson?

**** me silly

Kier Starmer getting a bit of a raw deal there.