+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 350 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Can’t believe this thread has been going since the 10th of March and no one has thought of the economy until now!
    Wasn’t organ banging on about it from the start? Lots of people are still working, everyone I know anyway, hotels, bars, anything to do with tourism taking a hit for sure, shops will be open in a few weeks I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wasn’t organ banging on about it from the start? Lots of people are still working, everyone I know anyway, hotels, bars, anything to do with tourism taking a hit for sure, shops will be open in a few weeks I guess?
    Everyone was banging on about it from the start, I was being sarcastic.

The factual data during the lockdown is still really bad though. The economy would have been best protected if something was done earlier, so now we have 2 or 3 months of this to stop loads of people dying and hope that the governments manage the economy as best they can by allowing relaxing of the restrictions when possible.

The arguments haven't changed. There have been 20,000 deaths in a month despite the lockdown, that would have been worse without it.
    It was a mistake to clear out the elderly from the hospitals and put them into care homes, as many were carrying the Covid-19 virus. I don't have the exact figure, but this group account for a large percentage of UK deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was a mistake to clear out the elderly from the hospitals and put them into care homes, as many were carrying the Covid-19 virus. I don't have the exact figure, but this group account for a large percentage of UK deaths.
    Where did u get this from???
    There are no figures for Care Home deaths.

Where did hospitals get cleared out to move people to care homes?

that didn't happen

On currently if anyone wanted to switch over, BBC Panorama "Has the Government Failed the NHS?": https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000hr3y

i) Obviously there will be things which focus on NHS England as thus far, thankfully, there seems to be less of a PPE issue in Wales.
    ii) What about what is happening for care workers? Durham County Council are saying that 50% of deaths are from care homes, and see following tweet by BBC Newsnight's Lewis Goodall:

This is what’s happening in domiciliary care (those carers who go into people’s homes). They’re on minimum wage- taking the most enormous personal risks and their bosses (usually private companies) are not responding and lying to them about PHE guidelines:

One carer from a private company told me that she's been told in by her manager that she shouldn't expect PPE as it "interferes" with her duties and "scares" residents she's visiting

She's been given one disposable mask which is supposed to last 2 weeks. It lasts for 30 mins.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/st...42369582366722

In this debate it will always be someone else's fault .

https://mol.im/a/8256673

Everyone was banging on about it from the start, I was being sarcastic.
    Oh rightio.....I should have read all 54 pages a bit more thoroughly

Looking at the stats graphs, looks like the Israeli dr was right....on its way out, down to 8 deaths here in Wales

Where did hospitals get cleared out to move people to care homes?
    In his dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    that didn't happen
    It doesn't have to happen for him to mention it. That's the way it is.

Welsh Government prepared to go it alone;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...virus-lockdown

Optional one minute's silence at 11am to mark death of over 100 key workers - if anyone interested.

Government official didn't want to extend apologies as well because increased need is "unprecedented". Dr Philiip Lee (Tory who crossed the floor so i) likes drama and ii) was on this government's side at the time) highlights report into how prepared UK is for a pandemic from three years ago and suggests lack of action taken: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ecommendations

Lee said: “The question I would very much like to ask the health secretary, Matt Hancock, and Michael Gove, who has responsibility in the Cabinet Office, is when did they read the Cygnus report that has not been published and, having read that report, why did they conclude not to increase testing, PPE and ventilator capacity in January?”

I'm going to back W-B up here. First time for everything!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...nhs-hospitals/

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ients-11969661

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/c...-a4403271.html

I don't think a test was required prior to moving elderly patients into care homes until last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Where did u get this from???
    There are no figures for Care Home deaths.
    The ONS released some this morning

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...in-a-fortnight

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I'm going to back W-B up here. First time for everything!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...nhs-hospitals/

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ients-11969661

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/c...-a4403271.html

I don't think a test was required prior to moving elderly patients into care homes until last week.
    Yeah that seems a huge mistake not to test them before sending them back into their carehomes.

Yeah that seems a huge mistake not to test them before sending them back into their carehomes.
    It really doesn't take a huge leap of the imagination to work out the results. Add to that the fact that care workers with no PPE were visiting multiple sites on a daily basis and you have a recipe for disaster

Cheers Veg.

It just gets worse.

I didnt watch Panorama last night but is it correct British firms have been supplying PPE to America?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cheers Veg.

It just gets worse.

I didnt watch Panorama last night but is it correct British firms have been supplying PPE to America?
    Don't know mate, certainly heard reports of UK firms exporting PPE, as well as the government knocking back approaches from PPE manufacturers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    Don't know mate, certainly heard reports of UK firms exporting PPE, as well as the government knocking back approaches from PPE manufacturers here.
    See 13 and a half minutes into the link, but the whole half an hour of the programme should be watched;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...failed-the-nhs

International

Why are on-line test bookings only becoming available in Wales today so long after in England?
    And these are only in the Cardiff area, north and west Wales won't be on line until Thursday.
    It seems to disprove the government's claim that North Wales is treated exactly the same as south Wales

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why are on-line test bookings only becoming available in Wales today so long after in England?
    And these are only in the Cardiff area, north and west Wales won't be on line until Thursday.
    It seems to disprove the government's claim that North Wales is treated exactly the same as south Wales
    Probably due to population density and number of cases

It's tough to work out what sort of figure we're talking about here. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but my understanding is that the running total figure of deaths we hear at the daily briefings includes up to date figures for care home deaths in Scotland and Wales, but not England and Northern Ireland. So, if that's right, then the current figure of 21,092 includes care home deaths in Scotland and Wales, but not those in England and Northern Ireland from 17 April onwards - apparently, the daily figures being shown now up to that date include care home deaths in England and Northern Ireland.

With the announcement today of care home deaths for the fortnight 10-24 April, it's hard to get any accuracy on what this means for that 21,092 figure, but here's what the head of the health analysis and life events division at the ONS had to say this morning as reported in the Guardian's rolling Live COVID19 coverage;-

"Nick Stripe, head of the health analysis and life events division at the ONS, has been speaking to the BBC about today’s coronavirus death figures released this morning. He said there have now been around 27,000 excess deaths - that is more deaths than you would expect on average for this time of year - in the four most recent weeks for which figures are available.

Of the 12,000 excess deaths in the most recent week (see 9.42am), he said that around 25% of those did not involve coronavirus being mentioned on the death certificate.

He also said that there total number of coronavirus deaths in care homes in England was probably now at least 5,500 - which is higher than the official most recent ONS figure. (See 9.55am.) He explained:

In care homes we are now seeing over three times more deaths in total in care homes, in that last week, than we saw four weeks previously. And 28% of those deaths are from Covid.

Now, we’ve also taken data from the Care Quality Commission over the last few days. The Care Quality Commission collects death notifications of all deaths of care home residents. And we have been able to compare that data against our death registrations data, and it’s a good match.

So from the 10 to 17 April, for example, we can see a very close match.

If you take that data, we can see the Care Quality Commission has figures for England of 4,343 deaths in care homes between 10 and 24 April, so much more current, that’s last Friday.

And we know that we had 1,000 deaths registered in care homes prior to 10 April.

So in total we are looking at around at least 5,500 deaths in care homes in England related to Covid by 24 April."

I see from the link Veg 1960 posted at 12.17 that the Guardian is saying that this morning's figures put the total deaths figure for the UK at over 25,000 which would put us above Spain and France leaving only the USA and Italy in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Test kits are been centrally administered by Public Health England so you better ask the English butt, they were accused of stealing our test kits as they didn't have hardly any at the time and we would have had loads in comparison after the ensuing row Westminster put Public Health England in charge of coordinatating test kits for the four home countries.
    It has to be said this Westminster Government are really making a mess of this crisis and it's costing lives.