+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 350 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Problems with a tracker app for me are as follows :-

1) I keep location turned off phone, suspect many do.
    2) Some won't install it because ZOMFG EVIL GOVERNMENT TRACKING ME. Look at how widely distributed bs 5G rumours have gone.
    3) If it involves people self-reporting symptoms, then that's not always accurate.

The app would be better than nothing, sure but not a panacea.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

2) Some won't install it because ZOMFG EVIL GOVERNMENT TRACKING ME. Look at how widely distributed bs 5G rumours have gone.
    3) If it involves people self-reporting symptoms, then that's not always accurate.

Out of interest why do you have the location turned off on phone ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Out of interest why do you have the location turned off on phone ?
    Simply because apps I have on the phone have no real reason to geolocate.

In the case of a tracker app like this, I've no argument against it because that's an important function of the app.

It's like any software - apps need to have the minimum amount of rights to be able to provide functionality. Sending details an location to ad providers, third party companies etc for me have very little to do with apps I use.

Simply because apps I have on the phone have no real reason to geolocate.

In the case of a tracker app like this, I've no argument against it because that's an important function of the app.

It's like any software - apps need to have the minimum amount of rights to be able to provide functionality. Sending details an location to ad providers, third party companies etc for me have very little to do with apps I use.
    That is not code for being a criminal or a spy then ?

That is not code for being a criminal or a spy then ?
    Yes, Trampie, I spy on Welsh nats...

Yes, Trampie, I spy on Welsh nats...
    Who do you spy for ?

Who do you spy for ?
    I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you.

I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you.
    Intriguing.

Drawing a comparison between someone attacking 5g masts because they heard it causes covid-19 and someone not installing an app because they don't think the government should store data on their 24/7 movements is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Drawing a comparison between someone attacking 5g masts because they heard it causes covid-19 and someone not installing an app because they don't think the government should store data on their 24/7 movements is dumb.
    Not really.

Those not wanting the app because MUH THEY STALKING ME, SELLING MY LOCATION AND DETAILS are akin to those believing the 5G shit willing to believe any shit conspiracy.

The aim of the tracking app is specifically to track those with symptoms. It needs the location otherwise the app has no use whatsoever.

Not really.

Those not wanting the app because MUH THEY STALKING ME, SELLING MY LOCATION AND DETAILS are akin to those believing the 5G shit willing to believe any shit conspiracy.

The aim of the tracking app is specifically to track those with symptoms. It needs the location otherwise the app has no use whatsoever.
    What do you mean by 'it needs the location'? The debate is around centralisation or decentralisation of the information collected.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uB4...1uMd3erGu/view

'Everyone who disagrees with my uninformed view is a conspiracy theorist' isn't going to get you very far.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    What do you mean by 'it needs the location'? The debate is around centralisation or decentralisation of the information collected.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uB4...1uMd3erGu/view

'Everyone who disagrees with my uninformed view is a conspiracy theorist' isn't going to get you very far.
    Without centralisation, you end up with disparate data sets. Ok, say one region has contact tracing for South Wales - what happens as people move across boundaries?

I'm saying those who believe the 5G shit, believe the app data will be used by EVVVVIIILLLL government forces tend to be conspiracy theorists.

Still, we've got your informed view to rely on.

Without centralisation, you end up with disparate data sets. Ok, say one region has contact tracing for South Wales - what happens as people move across boundaries?

I'm saying those who believe the 5G shit, believe the app data will be used by EVVVVIIILLLL government forces tend to be conspiracy theorists.

So you will be taking the same action as conspiracy theorists ?

You think that a proposed decentralised solution to this problem involves each region holding the data for the people who live there?

An element of GDPR is based on holding necessary data no longer than is needed so presumably there are people all over the country thinking about data collection and storage without making them conspiracy theorists.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Herd Immunity. Full steam ahead. Toot, toot!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    In the words of the Captain of the Titanic...full speed ahead and to hell with the icebergs!

Not really.

It doesn't need location. It could function with Bluetooth only, and track which other phones with Bluetooth on/app installed that you've gone within a certain distance of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Often the way

So you will be taking the same action as conspiracy theorists ?
    Not at all. If I develop the symptoms, will install and use the app.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It doesn't need location. It could function with Bluetooth only, and track which other phones with Bluetooth on/app installed that you've gone within a certain distance of.
    To effective trace, you'd need to know precise where people are - Bluetooth doesn't prvide location data to best of my knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    An element of GDPR is based on holding necessary data no longer than is needed so presumably there are people all over the country thinking about data collection and storage without making them conspiracy theorists.
    Any data should be collected under GDPR, however completely anonymous data isn't subject to GDPR.

Without seeing the app, if it generates unique ID with no identifying data other than say phone number, there's next to no personal data involved. If u enter name, address etcthen that data will as always be subject to GDPR.

To effective trace, you'd need to know precise where people are - Bluetooth doesn't prvide location data to best of my knowledge?
    I know that the Singapore tracing app uses bluetooth and not location.

Like you, I don't like having the location switched on all the time either. Bluetooth would be preferable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post

This is good news - we really need to see immunity after contracting the illness, the longer the better. When the news of 99 people (originally, it is up to 277 now) being tested as positive after recovering broke, it presented a possible nightmare scenario.