+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 290 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    As far as I'm aware no effective vaccine for any coronavirus has ever been developed. SARS in 2003, I recall, being a prime example.
    The article I posted wasn't about a vaccine.

Heisenberg

Sounds like you're a government designated essential worker. I and many others aren't and are restricted to occasional shopping trips and an hour of exercise per day. As I have your attention and knowing you share Eric's enthusiasm for lockdown measures I'll pose the same questions to you as him.

What would be your criteria for returning to what life was? How about deaths associated with COVID-19 falling to nil for perhaps a period of three months? What's your acceptable number of COVID-19 related deaths?
    I'm not playing your little game, Organ, as we both know that you have an overly-flexible opinion on how you view the current environment and will willingly move on to the next fallacy as soon as you've been shown up.

The point of my post was that you mentioned quarantine to Eric as a point of absolution for your position against what's happening... yet you have just said that you can go shopping and exercise.

How is that being in quarantine? If you were in quarantine you would be in complete isolation for a period of time with no chance of passing on or contracting a virus/disease.

"Mate, I'm in quaranti..."

"Hold the **** up... Didn't you just spend an hour queuing at Asda for lentils and quinoa, you cock?"

"Yeah, but... Other people are allowed to go to work and after I have a nice walk home in the lovely weather from Asda I have to sit in my garden and moan on CCMB that my civil liberties have been taken away!"

Get a grip.

Great. I answer your query, you ignore mine.

Okay, if it'll make you happy, never before have restrictions we've been subjected to been employed to battle any previous pandemic, and that was because 60% of the population had to become infected for the purpose of herd immunity.

Procrastination will be the method used to keep this social distancing malarkey in situ until the expected second wave in the autumn.

Great. I answer your query, you ignore mine.

Okay, if it'll make you happy, never before have restrictions we've been subjected to been employed to battle any previous pandemic, and that was because 60% of the population had to become infected for the purpose of herd immunity.

Procrastination will be the method used to keep this social distancing malarkey in situ until the expected second wave in the autumn.
    I'm guessing that's a response to me. It still doesn't answer the specific question I asked. Once you do, specifically, I'll answer yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm guessing that's a response to me. It still doesn't answer the specific question I asked. Once you do, specifically, I'll answer yours.
    No. It was a response to our resident meth cook. I advocate for people being able to choose to do what they believe is best for themselves minus any interference from the state or its agents. And once more, that was how previous pandemics were met. Those who are fearful for their health might wish to isolate themselves to whatever extent they desire. For any who have little or no support by way of friends/family/neighbours then of course the government ought to provide them with necessary resources. The plain paranoid can sit at home wearing a gas mask while washing their hands umpteen times per day for all I care and they have no business dictating to others.

I get the impression from many hereabouts, including yourself, that the economic impact of lockdown measures will be both minor and temporary and any financial hardships they may suffer will be similarly shallow. I think you and they are in for a rude awakening.

This is the boss of the Royal College of Nursing speaking on April 29th who caused quite a stir with her remarks.

I advocate for people being able to choose to do what they believe is best for themselves minus any interference from the state or its agents.
    This is the same person who, pretty much every week for as long as I remember on here, has made at least one comment about some section or other of the public being thick.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is the same person who, pretty much every week for as long as I remember on here, has made at least one comment about some section or other of the public being thick.
    You've still got the hump for being described as a pizza delivery driver?

Banned

No. It was a response to our resident meth cook. I advocate for people being able to choose to do what they believe is best for themselves minus any interference from the state or its agents. And once more, that was how previous pandemics were met. Those who are fearful for their health might wish to isolate themselves to whatever extent they desire. For any who have little or no support by way of friends/family/neighbours then of course the government ought to provide them with necessary resources. The plain paranoid can sit at home wearing a gas mask while washing their hands umpteen times per day for all I care and they have no business dictating to others.

I get the impression from many hereabouts, including yourself, that the economic impact of lockdown measures will be both minor and temporary and any financial hardships they may suffer will be similarly shallow. I think you and they are in for a rude awakening.

This is the boss of the Royal College of Nursing speaking on April 29th who caused quite a stir with her remarks.

What, exactly, are you implying?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    What, exactly, are you implying?
    I think what was she implying is a trifle more important than what I implied, which was zilch.

What do you believe she meant?

I had no idea the Welsh garden centre lobby had such clout

I'd use the word devastating to describe this, sourced, indictment of the UK's approach to the virus;-

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status...88045559226369

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd use the word devastating to describe this, sourced, indictment of the UK's approach to the virus;-

https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status...88045559226369
    Incredible. Thanks Bob.

I still can't believe Cheltenham went ahead and the government were proud of it.

Britain was led by Churchill then – it’s led by a Churchill tribute act now

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...made-it-louder

I think that’s very insulting.

I’ve seen some great tribute acts like The Bootleg Beatles and Lymehouse Lizzy.

Johnson’s not even a Cameron tribute act, he’s that bad.

Churchill was an even bigger **** than Boris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I agree to an extent, but I think the point is that, when it came to the Second World War at least, Churchill was the real thing in a way that Boris Johnson is not for the COVID 19 panademic.

I agree to an extent, but I think the point is that, when it came to the Second World War at least, Churchill was the real thing in a way that Boris Johnson is not for the COVID 19 panademic.
    He thinks he's Churchill, but he's far closer to Chamberlain or Eden

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He thinks he's Churchill, but he's far closer to Chamberlain or Eden
    Churchill was a sexist, racist, egotistical drunkard who had affairs .

Boris does sound more like that than the others you have mentioned, just a much more ineffectual version.

It looks like Morg has accepted one of those social media challenges. You know the type. "Thanks for the nomination I'm going to share one You Tube video per day for 10 consecutive days that best show my philosophical, social and political outlook. No Explanations, just pictures".

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It looks like Morg has accepted one of those social media challenges. You know the type. "Thanks for the nomination I'm going to share one You Tube video per day for 10 consecutive days that best show my philosophical, social and political outlook. No Explanations, just pictures".
    The tinfoil challenge. You could be right about that.

Banned

Heisenberg

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5070381

This was his last one, just a week or so ago. It carries on, on the next page.

He never explains why he thinks the things he shares are important and says that the things themselves are what is important. Making no f**king sense whatsoever.

Quarantine now for airline passenger arrivals.
    Surely with Boris saying there will be 200,000 tests they can just test them on arrival. Then quarantine if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Quarantine now for airline passenger arrivals.
    Surely with Boris saying there will be 200,000 tests they can just test them on arrival. Then quarantine if necessary.
    they think incubation period is a few days, so they might have come into contact in the departure airport, if we tested them on arrival they would still be negative