+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 290 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I see estate agents are opening in England today so the housing market can get going again. So much cross border movement in South Wales so that’s going to be interesting and a right pain for many.i wonder if Drakeford has had what he’s trying to leverage from Westminster yet so we can all get on in unison?
    We live in England and were in the middle of a house move. Survey done and received mortgage offer a while back which is valid until August.

In the meantime, I’ve taken a temporary (hopefully) 20% salary cut and ‘er indoors is currently furloughed. We don’t want to lose the house as we were searching for months but moving seems much more risky now as we were looking at something bigger - at the same time I’m not sure now when we’ll ever really feel secure about long-term financial commitments again

Cardiff compared with Monte Carlo.

I can see it now. The Splott Grand Prix.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cardiff compared with Monte Carlo.

I can see it now. The Splott Grand Prix.
    Why not? Tremorfa has a permanent Tour going on.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    but the may have been all form the same care home, like a family can go out together?
    People in care homes are being shielded. There's no chance that a group of them are going outdoors together.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    People in care homes are being shielded. There's no chance that a group of them are going outdoors together.
    There should be no chance.

Heisenberg

There should be no chance.
    You think the staff are letting groups of incredibly vulnerable people leave the homes... Putting themselves and the staff at greater risk? Think about what you're saying.

Care homes are in proper lockdown, the residents aren't even seeing each other inside. Source: I work in the public sector dealing with older people.

International

You think the staff are letting groups of incredibly vulnerable people leave the homes... Putting themselves and the staff at greater risk? Think about what you're saying.

Care homes are in proper lockdown, the residents aren't even seeing each other inside. Source: I work in the public sector dealing with older people.
    Read what I actually wrote. I never said I think of believe anything. It was a tongue-in cheek response to TOBW's comment about a gaggle of old ladies going past him. Actually I don't believe it would happen for one minute quite obviously. But don't let that stop you having a pop please!

Where my mum is, I refer as a care home but it's effectively sheltered accomodation with extra care packages.

They want the residents to stay in their flats, not congregate but cannot stop them from leaving the premises. Talked mum into staying in, bring her things she needs.

but the may have been all form the same care home, like a family can go out together?
    You think groups from Care Homes are going out the same as a family.?

International

You think groups from Care Homes are going out the same as a family.?
    Another one. Read my reply to heisenberg. Of course I don't believe it and I never suggested in what I wrote that I do believe it, you are just so quick to jump you don't read what as actually been written.

International

Why is the WHS and government saying it will take until the end of the month to set up and activate a Test Track and Trace system? Apparently they have to recruit the people and do all the preliminary work, suggesting that to date they haven't done anything.
    Are they not using the phone app?

Why is the WHS and government saying it will take until the end of the month to set up and activate a Test Track and Trace system? Apparently they have to recruit the people and do all the preliminary work, suggesting that to date they haven't done anything.
    Are they not using the phone app?
    I thought the app was still being tested in the Isle of Wight?

Has it now been launched?

International

I thought the app was still being tested in the Isle of Wight?

Has it now been launched?
    I thought that too but from the tone of the remark coming out of Cardiff bay they aren't usoing it or haven't done anything about preapring to use it yet.

Wales 'hopes to track and trace coronavirus by end of May'

BBC Radio Wales
    The Welsh Government is hoping to begin tracking and tracing coronavirus infections by the end of May, Wales’ chief medical officer Dr Frank Atherton has said.
    He told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast with Claire Summers: “We're working very quickly and with Public Health Wales providing advice to us to develop a plan for when we do start to lift the lockdown measures for tracking cases and contacts in a much more systematic way.
    “Because as the numbers come down, as they have because of the efforts of the Welsh public, it then becomes possible to identify individual cases and start to track the contacts of those cases.
    “So that's where we hope to get to by the end of this month.”
    Dr Atherton said developing the system was a “huge challenge” equal to developing the Dragon’s Heart Hospital in Cardiff.
    “There’s a big workforce issue, there’s a big testing issue and there’s a huge information technology issue because we’re going to need digital applications to support this work,” he said.
    Health Minister Vaughan Gething is expected to make an announcement on the matter later on Wednesday"

I'm not sure how they meant it to be understood but they seem a little tardy to say the least.

I thought that too but from the tone of the remark coming out of Cardiff bay they aren't usoing it or haven't done anything about preapring to use it yet.

Wales 'hopes to track and trace coronavirus by end of May'

BBC Radio Wales
    The Welsh Government is hoping to begin tracking and tracing coronavirus infections by the end of May, Wales’ chief medical officer Dr Frank Atherton has said.
    He told BBC Radio Wales Breakfast with Claire Summers: “We're working very quickly and with Public Health Wales providing advice to us to develop a plan for when we do start to lift the lockdown measures for tracking cases and contacts in a much more systematic way.
    “Because as the numbers come down, as they have because of the efforts of the Welsh public, it then becomes possible to identify individual cases and start to track the contacts of those cases.
    “So that's where we hope to get to by the end of this month.”
    Dr Atherton said developing the system was a “huge challenge” equal to developing the Dragon’s Heart Hospital in Cardiff.
    “There’s a big workforce issue, there’s a big testing issue and there’s a huge information technology issue because we’re going to need digital applications to support this work,” he said.
    Health Minister Vaughan Gething is expected to make an announcement on the matter later on Wednesday"

I'm not sure how they meant it to be understood but they seem a little tardy to say the least.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/n...ssive-18235813

Any truth about this "mass meeting" in Cardiff this weekend or is it a hoax?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...paign=sharebar

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

God you can just imagine this, 15 weirdos who need a wash "making a stand" with their badly spelled signs and bits of old food around their mouths

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    God you can just imagine this, 15 weirdos who need a wash "making a stand" with their badly spelled signs and bits of old food around their mouths
    ....clinging to their out-dated 60's hippy style straggly beards and moustaches.
    As long as there are no sandles with socks.

I don't know if this is a hoax or not but there is online publicity for events across Britain.

I have only seen the Sheffield and London flyers - in Sheffield for two different parks on opposite sides of the city.

I expect Donald Trump to give them his full support this evening!

Mass Gathering - Sheffield.jpg Mass Gathering - UK.jpg

The most burning question is: 'Why Barnstaple?'

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't know if this is a hoax or not but there is online publicity for events across Britain.

I have only seen the Sheffield and London flyers - in Sheffield for two different parks on opposite sides of the city.

Mass Gathering - Sheffield.jpg Mass Gathering - UK.jpg

Just dug a bit more and this seems to be a stunt by the UK Freedom Movement - with Tommy Robinson prominent on their homepage!

International

Just dug a bit more and this seems to be a stunt by the UK Freedom Movement - with Tommy Robinson prominent on their homepage!
    Mr Robinson, now there's a surprise!! low life!

I heard a whisper that some of the "mainliners" on here are turning up in full hazmat suits. Obviously to avoid the omnipresent cctv of the repressive state and not to catch 5G rather than for reasons of personal safety around mixing with similar minded free thinkers who are blessed with the true path. They just hope that too many don't turn up though as they will need to splinter as illuminati groups have waiting lists!

Organ Morgan, clothed in black belt hazmat, will still probably distance himself from the the masses on his trip in and out on the NO 95 bus to the protest!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I heard a whisper that some of the "mainliners" on here are turning up in full hazmat suits. Obviously to avoid the omnipresent cctv of the repressive state and not to catch 5G rather than for reasons of personal safety around mixing with similar minded free thinkers who are blessed with the true path. They just hope that too many don't turn up though as they will need to splinter as illuminati groups have waiting lists!

Organ Morgan, clothed in black belt hazmat, will still probably distance himself from the the masses on his trip in and out on the NO 95 bus to the protest!
    I heard he's borrowing Sludge's gimp suit for the occasion

Probably online conspiracy theorists.
    Have they promised the Lizard People will turn up as well.?

Heisenberg

Read what I actually wrote. I never said I think of believe anything. It was a tongue-in cheek response to TOBW's comment about a gaggle of old ladies going past him. Actually I don't believe it would happen for one minute quite obviously. But don't let that stop you having a pop please!
    I read exactly what you wrote and what you were implying in your reply:

"There should be no chance" = you think that there is a chance that it's happening even though you think that it shouldn't.

I have told you that it isn't happening. Instead of being defensive and claiming that I'm having a pop, just accept that you are mistaken.

"Having a pop" f**king hell, you know when I'm having a pop at you, xsnaggle... I've done it enough with you over the years. This isn't one of those occasions.