+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 290 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

May have been posted but Joe rogan had an infectious disease expert on his podcast recently. Interesting listen, this is just a clip of it so might be worth finding the full episode also.

https://youtu.be/cZFhjMQrVts

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    May have been posted but Joe rogan had an infectious disease expert on his podcast recently. Interesting listen, this is just a clip of it so might be worth finding the full episode also.

https://youtu.be/cZFhjMQrVts
    Globalisation needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Globalisation needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the video then.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

That's a quality account, did you see the one where he joined a what's app group and accused someone of sending him pictures in very tight underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a quality account, did you see the one where he joined a what's app group and accused someone of sending him pictures in very tight underwear?
    Yeah it's amazing, the one where he and his gran were doing a fun run was hilarious as well

Yeah it's amazing, the one where he and his gran were doing a fun run was hilarious as well
    His recent one trying to buy that woman's blue bucket was so good too

Thanks for bringing that account to my attention. The bucket one is fantastic.

And the neighbourhood watch one

City player and 1 staff in isolation
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-neil-harris-coronavirus-17922850

after self isolating this week my lad is now on the mend apart from the coughing but interesting to see the rich , famous ,football and pop stars having tests done immediately this week . no ringing 111 for them it seems and being told they dont fall into 1 of the 10,000 that is estimated to be infected

looks like a 2 tier system to me

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You'd imagine it would spread quickly through a football squad. I certainly don't get as close to my work colleagues as they do.
    Sensible precautions will help. All that hugging and pile ons would quickly spread the virus.

Govt policy is falling apart. Just been into Cheltenham to pick up Mrs P. Town is absolutely heaving. Great atmosphere etc but by God it’s a breeding ground for this virus. It’s ok for 60,000 to go to the racecourse today but if Cheltenham Town were playing at home tomorrow in front of 3,000 the game would be cancelled.

It’s not safe to attend a football match in the fresh air but it’s fine to go to a pub, cinema, theatre or restaurant. This is an absolute shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Govt policy is falling apart. Just been into Cheltenham to pick up Mrs P. Town is absolutely heaving. Great atmosphere etc but by God it’s a breeding ground for this virus. It’s ok for 60,000 to go to the racecourse today but if Cheltenham Town were playing at home tomorrow in front of 3,000 the game would be cancelled.

It’s not safe to attend a football match in the fresh air but it’s fine to go to a pub, cinema, theatre or restaurant. This is an absolute shambles.
    Don't think it's the government advising on sporting events. I think it's those organisations themselves doing it. Because the government have washed their hands (no pun intended) of trying to contain it (as it seems at the moment), there's lots of confusion and conflicting actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't think it's the government advising on sporting events. I think it's those organisations themselves doing it. Because the government have washed their hands (no pun intended) of trying to contain it (as it seems at the moment), there's lots of confusion and conflicting actions.
    Therein lies the huge problem. Different organisations going in different routes is going to be counter productive. It’s up to our Government to lead. They are not doing so.

Therein lies the huge problem. Different organisations going in different routes is going to be counter productive. It’s up to our Government to lead. They are not doing so.
    Far be it from me to defend a Tory Prime Minister, but the fact of the matter is that Boris and Co issued their guidance yesterday and the likes of the Premier League and the EFL decided to ignore it today. The government can’t make the leagues play football if they don’t wish to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Far be it from me to defend a Tory Prime Minister, but the fact of the matter is that Boris and Co issued their guidance yesterday and the likes of the Premier League and the EFL decided to ignore it today. The government can’t make the leagues play football if they don’t wish to do so.
    You can criticize the decision both ways if you are so inclined.

Yes and time will tell who was right. It doesn’t bode well when the footballing authorities completely disagree with the Government.
    I think the sporting authorities have panicked, mainly as a result of public opinion. They desperately want to be seen to be doing the right thing, but in reality they don’t know what the right thing to do is.

I think the sporting authorities have panicked, mainly as a result of public opinion. They desperately want to be seen to be doing the right thing, but in reality they don’t know what the right thing to do is.
    I think they have been looking at what is happening in European Leagues and felt that we were going to be out on a limb. Factor in Arteta testing positive as well some footballers meaning that some teams were going into isolation and it was becoming a major headache.

Neither does the government. Nobody really does. However, if lots of countries believe one approach is right and follow each other, why do we think a different approach is better?

I think they have been looking at what is happening in European Leagues and felt that we were going to be out on a limb. Factor in Arteta testing positive as well some footballers meaning that some teams were going into isolation and it was becoming a major headache.
    It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.

It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.
    Fair enough. I was actually surprised by Johnson’s measures response to begin with but am now unsure whether a more pro active stance should have been taken earlier. We will find out soon enough.