+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 97 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Shouldn't there be a spike in deaths around now because of the VE day shenanigans and the sunny weather around that time? Not trying to be a smartarse, trying to look for a positive if there hasn't been a spike
    Yes...it didn’t happen, nor did it when people were ignoring it in parks in London a few weeks before....makes you wonder? I guess people are using the tube again also? 70 day thing

Shouldn't there be a spike in deaths around now because of the VE day shenanigans and the sunny weather around that time? Not trying to be a smartarse, trying to look for a positive if there hasn't been a spike
    I think it's being mentioned more and more by people who know more about these things than me that the chances of catching the virus while outdoors are a great deal less than indoors. The impression I'm getting is that scientific opinion has swing more behind this line of thinking than it was at the end of March and I noticed that yesterday what's her name Harries was sounding like she was more concerned about people from more than one household travelling to the beach in the same car or exchanging plates or cutlery while eating than she was about the dangers of being on the beach itself.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    Not so bad if they use the "comfy chair"

International

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Not so bad if they use the "comfy chair"
    But if you're in the comfy chair you might get the soft cushions. Arrrrgggghhh!!!

I wonder if it was blown out of proportion how many people actually did this.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I wonder if it was blown out of proportion how many people actually did this.
    Good point, they either didn't do it and it was more media hype, or they did and there was no spike. It would be informative to know.

International

There are so many different ways of looking at what's being said/written about death rate andthe R rate. I asked some time ago what the difference would be if they excluded Care homes from it. Now. There are so many different ways of looking at what's being said/written about death rate and the R rate. I asked some time ago what the difference would be if they excluded Care homes from it. Now apparently it would be significantly lower. Given that care homes can be fairly tightly monitored (Even though the government and the operators failed to do it originally) will the government use the lower figure? Another point is the average age of mortality. As they have told older people all the time to be more careful because they are at greater risk, and if these people listen (not that they do apparently if you witness comments by TOBW and TLG) then that should help to keep it down too. Because now the bundle all deaths together we don't know on a day to day basis how many of the current deaths are care home related.

And care home deaths raise another question for me. Deaths in hospital are deaths of people who had the symptoms bad enough to be taken in, the deteriorated and died. That is straight forward enough. Now if a person was in a care home and had a similar level of symptoms they would be taken to hospital.
    But Covid 19 is an officially "Notifiable Disease" which means that if it is present or reasonably thought to be present then the certifying doctor must put it on the death certificate. So an older person with serious life threatening condition dies in his/her bed and the staff tell the doctor the symptoms. If he forms the opinion that Covid 19 was present he is obliged to put it on the death certificate even if those symptoms were never severe enough for the person to have been taken to hospital, and the persons underlying conditions were life threatening anyway. So how will we ever know the true numbers odfdeaths actually attributable to the disease?
    Another point about average mortality rates and the current figure being higher than average has been referred to. It was said by I think one of the clinicians on the daily briefing that we might have to wait a full year to know the full difference in average deaths, and the reason he gave was this: So very many of the people who have died are old or had severe underlying conditions that were life threatening anyway that we will have to see if, following the above average death rate now, there is a below average death rate in the following months. He said this would indicate that the people who died from this may well have died within the 12 month period anyway and it only hastened their demise. It seems a bit of a callous way of looking at it but I see his point.

My last point was a question asked by a member of the public on one of the briefings at the weekend. If we have been self isolating for 10 weeks, and to be fair most have been keeping to the rules or at least taking reasonable precautions how come there are still several thousand new cases appearing every day given that we are told the incubation period is 7 - 21 days depending what you read? JYT was asked and he said hey didn't know. The new cases are not coming from a particular sector of society or from particular 'essential' occupations os where are they coming from? It really is weird.
    End of eulogy!!

Re children returning to school today. An interesting quote from an 11 year old: His classmate Ruby, also 11, quite likes the extra space, with desks in rows facing the front instead of pushed together. “It could be better because sometimes people can be annoying.”
    (source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52872670)

What a radical idea - desks in rows facing the front! Obviously not modern education thinking to suggest that a return to the system pre-1970's might be a good model for the future, post-Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Re children returning to school today. An interesting quote from an 11 year old: His classmate Ruby, also 11, quite likes the extra space, with desks in rows facing the front instead of pushed together. “It could be better because sometimes people can be annoying.”

What a radical idea - desks in rows facing the front! Obviously not modern education thinking to suggest that a return to the system pre-1970's might be a good model for the future, post-Covid.
    I was in school from 1988 to 2004 and we always had desks in rows facing the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I was in school from 1988 to 2004 and we always had desks in rows facing the front.
    That is a long time to be in school. 16 years?!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That is a long time to be in school. 16 years?!
    I obviously needed longer going by that maths 1990ish

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

A good model for limiting transmission of a virus, but they moved away from them fr a reason

Tell it Like it is was adamant that his wife had coronavirus before Christmas wasn't he. I was told of someone whose INR has been all over the place in recent weeks who had developed sever flu symptoms after going to a gig in London in mid January and their doctor now believes it could well have been the virus.

This case sounds very plausible as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-come-to-light

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tell it Like it is was adamant that his wife had coronavirus before Christmas wasn't he. I was told of someone whose INR has been all over the place in recent weeks who had developed sever flu symptoms after going to a gig in London in mid January and their doctor now believes it could well have been the virus.

This case sounds very plausible as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-come-to-light
    I was in China in December then in January had the worst cough I've ever had for 2 weeks, but wasn't ill enough not to work (which now seems really stupid). The only reason I don't think I had it is no one I spent time with was ill at all during that time, but is there a possibility they had no symptoms.

Is it true the English are opening schools today ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Try Google.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Kin hell I trust you have no kids

I'm not in England and England seems to have different rules although it seems like they don't know what their own rules are over there, judging by that Cummings guy, lol.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...us-of-covid-19

Covid19 was no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK from the 19th March. Find it bizarre this hasn't been publicised more.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...us-of-covid-19

Covid19 was no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK from the 19th March. Find it bizarre this hasn't been publicised more.
    It’s been talked about a lot in here, doesn’t have a high enough death rate to be considered HCID but the infection rate is what made it dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Try Google.
    Just got in and looked and apparently it is.

Dramatic findings in this poll. It can't be good news, but the politicians, especially the UK Government, have brought it on themselves;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-falls-sharply

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dramatic findings in this poll. It can't be good news, but the politicians, especially the UK Government, have brought it on themselves;-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-falls-sharply
    Does it matter though? As long as we have faith in those who know their stuff, ie the scientists, public health etc I’m ok with that like most people it would appear. Who the f bomb trust a politician anyway? I dont care what colour tie they wear.....