+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 350 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Far be it from me to defend a Tory Prime Minister, but the fact of the matter is that Boris and Co issued their guidance yesterday and the likes of the Premier League and the EFL decided to ignore it today. The government can’t make the leagues play football if they don’t wish to do so.
    You can criticize the decision both ways if you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Globalisation needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You can criticize the decision both ways if you are so inclined.
    Yes and time will tell who was right. It doesn’t bode well when the footballing authorities completely disagree with the Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes and time will tell who was right. It doesn’t bode well when the footballing authorities completely disagree with the Government.
    I think the sporting authorities have panicked, mainly as a result of public opinion. They desperately want to be seen to be doing the right thing, but in reality they don’t know what the right thing to do is.

I think the sporting authorities have panicked, mainly as a result of public opinion. They desperately want to be seen to be doing the right thing, but in reality they don’t know what the right thing to do is.
    I think they have been looking at what is happening in European Leagues and felt that we were going to be out on a limb. Factor in Arteta testing positive as well some footballers meaning that some teams were going into isolation and it was becoming a major headache.

Neither does the government. Nobody really does. However, if lots of countries believe one approach is right and follow each other, why do we think a different approach is better?

I think they have been looking at what is happening in European Leagues and felt that we were going to be out on a limb. Factor in Arteta testing positive as well some footballers meaning that some teams were going into isolation and it was becoming a major headache.
    It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neither does the government. Nobody really does. However, if lots of countries believe one approach is right and follow each other, why do we think a different approach is better?
    I don’t know. I’m not an expert. However, because ‘lots of countries’ have adopted one approach doesn’t mean it’s right. Besides, as far as I’m aware there have been different approaches from different countries.

It seems like the UK's plan for dealing with it is different to the rest of the world, which is what's made the people in charge of sport in this country uneasy. Throw in public opinion and footballers/managers getting diagnosed with it and you can see why the decisions were made.

I just hope our Chief Medical Officer's made the right call

I don’t know. I’m not an expert. However, because ‘lots of countries’ have adopted one approach doesn’t mean it’s right. Besides, as far as I’m aware there have been different approaches from different countries.
    Hence the problem. I've had a bad cold for a couple of days and Mrs Bee said I hope it's not the coronavirus. I said well at least if it is, I'll get better, be immune and if you get it, you'll be the same, and our boy. She then asked about her elderly mother who would be in a high risk category. Trickle down theory etc. It made me think that it's in none of our interests to contract it. This herd theory is much more frightening for those at higher risk.

It’ll be interesting to see where we go from here. I managed to see all of the press conference yesterday and almost all of what the experts were saying made sense to me. However, today their advice has effectively been ignored by all of the sporting authorities. It’s an unprecedented situation. Nobody knows for sure what is the best way to deal with it, but I can’t help thinking we’re seeing an overreaction right now. That’s based on the ridiculous behaviour of a significant percentage of the public. However, I’m trying to keep an open mind.
    Fair enough. I was actually surprised by Johnson’s measures response to begin with but am now unsure whether a more pro active stance should have been taken earlier. We will find out soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You obviously didn't watch the video then.

Hence the problem. I've had a bad cold for a couple of days and Mrs Bee said I hope it's not the coronavirus. I said well at least if it is, I'll get better, be immune and if you get it, you'll be the same, and our boy. She then asked about her elderly mother who would be in a high risk category. Trickle down theory etc. It made me think that it's in none of our interests to contract it. This herd theory is much more frightening for those at higher risk.
    The other side of it though is you do it the way the other countries have done it, a short sharp shock to minimise infections, and then it comes back in the winter and very few people have got immunity so this all happens again.

I've got a very layman's understanding of it all but I can see the logic behind the thinking. What the actual right thing to do and real term consequences of each option are though I have no idea

Surely it’s Mrs Half a Bee?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You say stuff like this like you're some sort of genius above all the sheep. No one's just concerned about the virus because of their health. Everybody is a mix of concerned about their health, their loved ones health and their financial situation because of what will happen to their savings/business/job/pension.

When you say that, you're not saying anything we don't all know, it's just that you're saying it served with a load of all other superior sounding bollocks which just comes off as embarrassing to read everybody apart from you
    Those remarks were aimed squarely at Lardy. It's why I quoted his post. It is plain to you and most others understand but not him. I wasn't dispensing advice to a throng while stood on Temple Mount.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah, he and a few others really go to town on that forum. I've asked organ why he doesn't do it on the main board (it might be in that thread actually) and he says it's out of respect for mike Morris to only talk football on this one
    I said I wouldn't create a thread on the main forum about the virus, nor have I, which is different to your misrepresentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The smugness in this despite being so wrong is absolutely mad.

I work for a Chinese company, I've seen how this is affecting people first hand, I don't get my news from tv. You are sat in a bedroom in south wales saying the same untruth every uneducated person is saying and being smug about it thinking it makes you look smart.
    You've got some neck rattling on about smugness and being a nut. Gaze into a mirror. You're the fella who claimed recently that Islam is a race. Your reasoning was beyond retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What gets me is they think they are experts on every subject. Why can people never accept they don't know everything and won't always be right.

There's a chance this doesn't get any worse but all numbers predicted by experts so far appear to be coming true.

The main problem is humans struggle to understand exponential growth. Just because cases are low and deaths are low now doesn't mean that's how it'll stay.
    For many weeks we've read could, should, would about a fortnight hence. It's tired. This virus was known of on December 1 last year. The exponential progression has occurred in media hype.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The other side of it though is you do it the way the other countries have done it, a short sharp shock to minimise infections, and then it comes back in the winter and very few people have got immunity so this all happens again.

I've got a very layman's understanding of it all but I can see the logic behind the thinking. What the actual right thing to do and real term consequences of each option are though I have no idea
    It's easier to have a general overview if you're not at risk. I know several who are at risk and they are scared because of the government's strategy.

The current government plan is that roughly 60-70% of the population will get it (and in fact need to get it) and that we just need to manage the peak successfully to avoid utter disaster within the NHS. I would guess that the football authorities weren't happy at their game being used as the conduit facilitating this slow steady spread of the virus, especially as it is likely to kill (all being well) 300,000 people. When the WHO are publicly saying they don't understand our approach, people should be questioning it.

It's easier to have a general overview if you're not at risk. I know several who are at risk and they are scared because of the government's strategy.
    So they should be. The government have no plan for them, they need to look after themselves and start severely limiting contact right away.

so with all this going on has anyone changed there behaviour ?

at home we're trying to live in each room now and in work now we're all spaced out 2 metres apart and if the push come to the shove I have the ability to work from home now using a VPN .

So now the Government is going to ban mass gatherings having done a complete upturn from 24 hours ago.

So now the Government is going to ban mass gatherings having done a complete upturn from 24 hours ago.
    It's not a U-Turn, it was part of their plan as announced last week.

"The government's action plan - published last week - did raise the possibility of reducing the number of large-scale gatherings.

However, the most recent tactics announced on Thursday advised people to self-isolate for seven days if they have a cough or fever.

The UK's chief scientific adviser Sir Patrick Vallance previously said that shutting down mass events would not have a "big effect" on transmission rates, but he did not rule out such a move going forward.

Whitehall sources said the government's approach has not changed but there are concerns about the burden that large events might put on health services and the police.

It is thought a ban could start to take effect as early as next weekend, although exact timescales are not clear."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51882897

I think there has been some very irresponsible reporting going on regarding this situation and it's not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You've got some neck rattling on about smugness and being a nut. Gaze into a mirror. You're the fella who claimed recently that Islam is a race. Your reasoning was beyond retarded.
    Islam is a race though same as Jewish people are a race. Is there anything you won’t be wrong about?