+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Scene from Bournemouth beach yesterday! Madness.
    Crazy English!

There are some pics in todays South Wales Echo that shows Barry Island beach. Whilst nowhere near as busy as Bournemouth it was good to see people spacing themselves out to adhere to the guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Crazy English!

There are some pics in todays South Wales Echo that shows Barry Island beach. Whilst nowhere near as busy as Bournemouth it was good to see people spacing themselves out to adhere to the guidelines
    Broad haven in Pembs was its busiest for years yesterday I hear....not just in England

What do you expect when the bufoons policy is trust the people.

roughly what percentage of people where you live work etc are wearing masks?

International

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    roughly what percentage of people where you live work etc are wearing masks?

so 5 in every hundred you see! is that in Wales ? it would seem more are wearing in London.

International

so 5 in every hundred you see! is that in Wales ? it would seem more are wearing in London.
    England and Wales. I have been from Gloucester to Taunton and places in between in the last week as well as Cardiff and very very few people are wearing them.
    The really sad thing is that most of those I have met wearing them have been middle aged ladies who seem to think that wearing a mask protect them from me.
    with regard to London, it is a far more cosmopolitan community and there are certain nationalities like Chinese Korean and the like that are far more likely to wear a mask. Indeed a lot of them always wear one even before the virus struck. Perhaps that adds to the percentage wearing them in the metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    England and Wales. I have been from Gloucester to Taunton and places in between in the last week as well as Cardiff and very very few people are wearing them.
    The really sad thing is that most of those I have met wearing them have been middle aged ladies who seem to think that wearing a mask protect them from me.
    with regard to London, it is a far more cosmopolitan community and there are certain nationalities like Chinese Korean and the like that are far more likely to wear a mask. Indeed a lot of them always wear one even before the virus struck. Perhaps that adds to the percentage wearing them in the metropolis.
    ok thanks for the info. i guess the british media just wants to send out an image that you are all wearing masks.

International

ok thanks for the info. i guess the british media just wants to send out an image that you are all wearing masks.
    No people aren't all wearing masks. I think in England it is compulsory on public transport so any photo of that will show a high percentage but otherwise I don't think so.
    I took my wife to the Dentist today and he was wearing a mask, then he took it off in his surgery to explain the treatment to me.

No people aren't all wearing masks. I think in England it is compulsory on public transport so any photo of that will show a high percentage but otherwise I don't think so.
    I took my wife to the Dentist today and he was wearing a mask, then he took it off in his surgery to explain the treatment to me.
    ok that would explain it

An Interesting and encouraging study - worth a read.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/declin...ls-in-england/

Can't make it compulsary for people with, for example asthma.

Seen plenty of idiots wearing the mask... just not bothering to cover the nose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    An Interesting and encouraging study - worth a read.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/declin...ls-in-england/

That is interesting. Some of the points i took from that as interesting theories were

1) Clinicians are becoming more skilled at treating the virus. We should also consider the success of the steroid treatment on critically ill patients.
    2) The virus is less severe. A number of virologists have been labelled "lazy" for suggesting that the virus will lose strength. I don't think these figures back that up, but the USA's death rate is falling despite the huge numbers of people testing positive. Usually, this is put down to "more testing" and "better testing" - but coupled with the falling death rate in the US it does suggest that there maybe two elements at play here.

It will be interesting to see if there is more data that backs up a decline in the morbidity rate of the virus, and whether that is down to age groups (maybe older people are staying away from crowdded areas) of patients getting younger, or down to better and more effective treatment or (hopefully) the virus evolving into something less severe - something that is evident in other viruses.

The virus has mutated as all tend to do. Could well be that later strains have mutated weakening it as opposed to strengthening it, something rumoured a while ago.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Can't make it compulsary for people with, for example asthma.

Seen plenty of idiots wearing the mask... just not bothering to cover the nose.
    exactly!

186 dead today, up from last week

https://twitter.com/BrummieBoy5/stat...090027521?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    That is interesting. Some of the points i took from that as interesting theories were

1) Clinicians are becoming more skilled at treating the virus. We should also consider the success of the steroid treatment on critically ill patients.
    2) The virus is less severe. A number of virologists have been labelled "lazy" for suggesting that the virus will lose strength. I don't think these figures back that up, but the USA's death rate is falling despite the huge numbers of people testing positive. Usually, this is put down to "more testing" and "better testing" - but coupled with the falling death rate in the US it does suggest that there maybe two elements at play here.

It will be interesting to see if there is more data that backs up a decline in the morbidity rate of the virus, and whether that is down to age groups (maybe older people are staying away from crowdded areas) of patients getting younger, or down to better and more effective treatment or (hopefully) the virus evolving into something less severe - something that is evident in other viruses.
    Similar has been noted in Italy and the theory is that the virus is weakening and may fizzle out. Some UK experts like Prof Sakora postulate that this could be the likely outcome

Oi, I'm the Taunton correspondent on here! Stay off my patch!

Good to see the Prime Minister laying down the law and warning the irresponsible among us “not to take liberties...” as lockdown restrictions are eased.

They should have taken the piss when lockdown was more stringent like his master Dominic Cummings.

You gotta give it to him mind (Boris) he doesn’t care one ****ing bit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Good to see the Prime Minister laying down the law and warning the irresponsible among us “not to take liberties...” as lockdown restrictions are eased.

They should have taken the piss when lockdown was more stringent like his master Dominic Cummings.

You gotta give it to him mind (Boris) he doesn’t care one ****ing bit
    European holidays start on July 6th. Than **** he's only easing out of lock down.

So all these air bridge countries are just chasing the dollar over lives then? Thought Spain/Greece was going to ban the Brits?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    European holidays start on July 6th. Than **** he's only easing out of lock down.
    Wonder if Cardiff airport is included in the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Wonder if Cardiff airport is included in the bridge?
    My holiday to Greece where I was due to leave from Rhoose (Cardiff) airport on July 29th has been cancelled by the travel agent.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Oi, I'm the Taunton correspondent on here! Stay off my patch!
    Well I did try to contact you to get a visa but in the end I was told it wasn't necessary as I was on government business and anyway as you were unavailable they assumed you were off somewhere adding another country to your list.

I do apologise, and just to let you know, I'm off to there again in a couple of hours. Is that OK?