+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wales is still shut....I believe some shops have opened but no one goes to them anyway.
    Wales is shut?

I’ve managed to go camping, pick up beer from a shop and sneaked a pint in yesterday. Next week I’m away with the wife and eating out.

All this puritanism is happening in South Wales.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    As lockdown has eased there’s a number of anomalies in the guidance and restrictions which are questionable. The issue I’m having is these anomalies are not exactly promoting the behaviour the restrictions are aiming to achieve.

That said, I feel for England as the bumbling bean bag has wannked his way to this lack of clarity.

Economically, he’s unable to close the pubs due to the fact furlough is ending. Again Boris spunking money on a scheme which will result in very little is becoming a trade mark of any of his public office tenures.
    It is amusing "2metres apart, but if not 2 metres, then 1 metre". That rule change was brought in to appease the loony element of his party who, in case we forgot, are hell bent on leaving the EU without a deal meaning another big hit on the economy on New Year's Day 2021.

Never mind, perhaps 2022 will be better. They can't **** up 3 years in a row can they?

Banned

Wales is still shut....I believe some shops have opened but no one goes to them anyway.
    Really? Last weekend my partner dragged me to Ikea and I was secretly wishing Wales was shut. Or Ikea.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    It is amusing "2metres apart, but if not 2 metres, then 1 metre". That rule change was brought in to appease the loony element of his party who, in case we forgot, are hell bent on leaving the EU without a deal meaning another big hit on the economy on New Year's Day 2021.

Never mind, perhaps 2022 will be better. They can't **** up 3 years in a row can they?
    I’m being cynical but I think the ferret headed spunk bag is purposely spaffing the Covid19 response medically and economically so he has something to blame when Brexit bites the economy firmly on the bollocks. Funnily his reticence to lockdown was influenced because he knows Brexit will bite us economically.

What a ****ing clown we’ve ended up with

He’ll stand in front of the nation, shrugging his shoulders and blaming all and sundry. I wouldn’t be surprised that when the Tory party jettison him he writes in the Telegraph that in his heart of hearts he thought Brexit was a stupid idea and blames a drunken night out with IDS and Gove for his decision to campaign for it.

I’m being cynical but I think the ferret headed spunk bag is purposely spaffing the Covid19 response medically and economically so he has something to blame when Brexit bites the economy firmly on the bollocks. Funnily his reticence to lockdown was influenced because he knows Brexit will bite us economically.

What a ****ing clown we’ve ended up with

He’ll stand in front of the nation, shrugging his shoulders and blaming all and sundry. I wouldn’t be surprised that when the Tory party jettison him he writes in the Telegraph that in his heart of hearts he thought Brexit was a stupid idea and blames a drunken night out with IDS and Gove for his decision to campaign for it.
    "Ferret headed spunk bag"...I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Not to change the subject but how are you people in Cardiff and Wales doing? (As opposed to England)
    The truth is nobody is really sure what the rules are any more.

Some supermarkets are effectively back to normal, but others still have queuing systems to limit numbers. Most of the shops are open and trading, but different guidelines seem to apply to different shops selling exactly the same items and some haven't bothered to open at all yet. Some pubs are open, some aren't. People can only sit outside pubs until Monday, when people can sit inside. People can now congregate in groups of six, or thirty, or maybe thirty six. Nobody's certain and nobody's has explained what will happen if two groups of thirty people congregate next to each other, but nobody really cares either.

Non-essential travel is still discouraged, although you can actually go anywhere whenever you want, unless you want to drive through the centre of Cardiff, which is closed to traffic to enable seven cafes to serve coffee and cakes. There are arrows all over the pavements in the city centre for no apparent reason, but nobody pays any attention to those anyway. Wearing masks on public transport is mandatory, but lots of people don't bother, including some of the drivers, and nobody is enforcing this particular rule or even attempting to. You don't need to wear a mask in any shops.

People are encouraged to work at home, but they can go into work if they need to. Or just want to, provided their bosses let them. Hairdressers are open, gyms are opening next week, but gig venues are still closed. Dentists are open, or closed, depending on what state your teeth are in. Nobody goes to see a doctor anymore unless they are on death's door.

I think that's just about covered it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Some supermarkets are effectively back to normal, but others still have queuing systems to limit numbers. Most of the shops are open and trading, but different guidelines seem to apply to different shops selling exactly the same items and some haven't bothered to open at all yet. Some pubs are open, some aren't. People can only sit outside pubs until Monday, when people can sit inside. People can now congregate in groups of six, or thirty, or maybe thirty six. Nobody's certain and nobody's has explained what will happen if two groups of thirty people congregate next to each other, but nobody really cares either.

Non-essential travel is still discouraged, although you can actually go anywhere whenever you want, unless you want to drive through the centre of Cardiff, which is closed to traffic to enable seven cafes to serve coffee and cakes. There are arrows all over the pavements in the city centre for no apparent reason, but nobody pays any attention to those anyway. Wearing masks on public transport is mandatory, but lots of people don't bother, including some of the drivers, and nobody is enforcing this particular rule or even attempting to. You don't need to wear a mask in any shops.

People are encouraged to work at home, but they can go into work if they need to. Or just want to, provided their bosses let them. Hairdressers are open, gyms are opening next week, but gig venues are still closed. Dentists are open, or closed, depending on what state your teeth are in. Nobody goes to see a doctor anymore unless they are on death's door.

It was a very confused picture offered by my trip to Tesco's Aberdare on Thursday morning - no queue despite the shop being as crowded as I've seen it since Christmas, no one way system any more, I wore a mask and gloves and was in something like a minority of 10 per cent of customers doing so when it came to gloves and about 15 per cent when it came to masks and yet there were much more staff wearing masks (more than 50 per cent I'd say) compared to previous weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was a very confused picture offered by my trip to Tesco's Aberdare on Thursday morning - no queue despite the shop being as crowded as I've seen it since Christmas, no one way system any more, I wore a mask and gloves and was in something like a minority of 10 per cent of customers doing so when it came to gloves and about 15 per cent when it came to masks and yet there were much more staff wearing masks (more than 50 per cent I'd say) compared to previous weeks.
    My local Morrisons is basically back to normal other than a ludicrous queuing system inside the shop which actually brings shoppers closer together rather then keeping them apart. I haven't had to queue to get in there at any time during the last two months or so. They've long since taken down almost all of the barriers outside and it's generally as busy in there as it was pre-lockdown.

I've had a couple of strolls through some of the shops in the city centre after work this week. Some have gone to very little effort in terms of social distancing inside. Others have gone to so much effort that people are bumping into each other while trying to follow the occasionally-bizarre one-way systems.

To me, all of that nonsense seems to cause more problems than would be the case if they either simply limited the numbers in the shops or just let people get on with things as normal. Almost all of these places just aren't designed for one-way systems and restricted movement. Trying to herd people in one direction often seems to cause more issues than would arise if they just left people to their own devices.

Wales is shut?

I’ve managed to go camping, pick up beer from a shop and sneaked a pint in yesterday. Next week I’m away with the wife and eating out.

All this puritanism is happening in South Wales.
    You managed to get a pint? Wow, we tried that last weekend but unless you had pre booked, paid a deposit and ordered at least £100 of food you had no chance.....I managed to get one in Forest of Dean 3 days ago, no problem

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Summed up nicely...basically, like the markings in town, it’s al load of bollocks

You managed to get a pint? Wow, we tried that last weekend but unless you had pre booked, paid a deposit and ordered at least £100 of food you had no chance.....I managed to get one in Forest of Dean 3 days ago, no problem
    Also I totally forgot about masks in England so couldn’t visit any as don’t have any, wife couldn’t even get her fancy coffee. But going into a pub was fine, no mask needed.....

Beer,, in a beer garden. No app needed. It was a few in there, although the location was out the way. Talked to the landlord and he remarked that his bar was so small it’s going to be out of bounds for the foreseeable future, perhaps good. He was looking at how best utilise space in the beer garden.

Outdoor living, drinking and dining is obviously the way forward. Berghaus, Mountain Equipment etc will be doing a roaring trade on insulated jackets and gore tex coats so people can go on the piss. Not sure what they’ll compliment the girls high heels though.

City centre pubs look like a headache to get in. I’m with the wife for the annual cavorting and rummage next week. I think getting mullered is going to be hard work. At least her behaviour will improve.

Goats I hope you savoured that pint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53621613

Goats I hope you savoured that pint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53621613
    Pubs are shite anyway, I’d happily let them close every bastard one if my kids can go back....which I have no doubt they will anyway.

Pubs are shite anyway, I’d happily let them close every bastard one if my kids can go back....which I have no doubt they will anyway.
    Might be different in Wales?

The restrictions and rules are unravelling. I see in Greater Manchester you’re not allowed in someone’s home but you can still visit a pub or restaurant?

The question of schools or pubs is an interesting one. I assumed you’d need to close other shops too?

What a mess.

Might be different in Wales?

The restrictions and rules are unravelling. I see in Greater Manchester you’re not allowed in someone’s home but you can still visit a pub or restaurant?

The question of schools or pubs is an interesting one. I assumed you’d need to close other shops too?

What a mess.
    It's ridiculous.

You can'tvisit somebody's home but can book a table and two from those households can eat or drink a few feet apart.

Where do you live? Wales is nowhere near shut, the city centre in Cardiff is heaving. Today I've been to IKEA (socially distanced, queue to get in) then grabbed a pizza from town and went to eat it in the castle (hey TLG we were going to go to the new seating area but it's so popular that both sections had a massive queue of people)

Then went to Jacob's Market and John Lewis (masks, social distancing, hand sanitizers). Loads, if not most shops are open. St Mary's St is wonderful because there's tables out everywhere and people are sat outside in the sun eating and drinking, every table's full and most places have a queue to get a spot.

Honestly I don't know what some of you are looking at with some of the stuff you come out with

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Really? Last weekend my partner dragged me to Ikea and I was secretly wishing Wales was shut. Or Ikea.
    Ikea appears to have a cult following, they do let 400 in at a time mind so somewhere to go I guess. Heard John Lewis has in fact opened too, if you could just navigate your way there through the arrows hey

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Where do you live? Wales is nowhere near shut, the city centre in Cardiff is heaving. Today I've been to IKEA (socially distanced, queue to get in) then grabbed a pizza from town and went to eat it in the castle (hey TLG we were going to go to the new seating area but it's so popular that both sections had a massive queue of people)

Then went to Jacob's Market and John Lewis (masks, social distancing, hand sanitizers). Loads, if not most shops are open. St Mary's St is wonderful because there's tables out everywhere and people are sat outside in the sun eating and drinking, every table's full and most places have a queue to get a spot.

Honestly I don't know what some of you are looking at with some of the stuff you come out with
    Sounds like it’s open finally, it certainly wasn’t a few weeks ago....well praise the Lord. I just saw a pub near me has opened too....I might just get a pint of Guinness in Cardiff this year after all, not in a Brajns pub mind coz they are uckin shiiite

International

Sounds like it’s open finally, it certainly wasn’t a few weeks ago....well praise the Lord. I just saw a pub near me has opened too....I might just get a pint of Guinness in Cardiff this year after all, not in a Brajns pub mind coz they are uckin shiiite
    I think St Mary St is perfect for that. Long may it continue, and the Hayes should be the same. The only gripe from me is closing Castle St. The knock on effect is huge, and the fact that the council know that and do it anyway rankles. They are supposed to serve the citizens not obstruct them.
    I know they are serving them (n0 pun intended) with the eating area but people may go there once a week until the novelty wears off, thousands of people on foot in cars and on buses use it every day, or they would be if the council didn't keep closing it.

I popped to " clarks village " in street today, a 2 min to get in through the gates, limited numbers in shops, some are 6, some are 10, think " next outlet " was 60

we got in the sports shops to get some sports clothes for the next various seasons ( netball and football ), all the shops we queued for were under 5 mins

the biggest queue was to get in the vans store , the guy said it was 1 hour 30 mins from the point we joined the queue, we moved on and popped to saltrock,

i must admit it was fairly normal apart from everyone ( apart from 2 Asian families and one old guy in a wheelchair who i guess didnt get the memo i guess )

Prezzo was open, but the burger place and franky and bennies still closed, which was strange ( unless ive missed they have gone under now )

The alternative being Brains Black

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think St Mary St is perfect for that. Long may it continue, and the Hayes should be the same. The only gripe from me is closing Castle St. The knock on effect is huge, and the fact that the council know that and do it anyway rankles. They are supposed to serve the citizens not obstruct them.
    I know they are serving them (n0 pun intended) with the eating area but people may go there once a week until the novelty wears off, thousands of people on foot in cars and on buses use it every day, or they would be if the council didn't keep closing it.
    thousands of people on foot can still use it, the others (which include me) are having to find alternative ways to get to where we're going if we need to go through town, it's not the end of the world. I agree for some people with mobility issues certain things that have been raised in this thread need to be looked at though.

29 degrees next weekend again by the way, the council have played an absolute blinder with the timing

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    thousands of people on foot can still use it, the others (which include me) are having to find alternative ways to get to where we're going if we need to go through town, it's not the end of the world. I agree for some people with mobility issues certain things that have been raised in this thread need to be looked at though.

29 degrees next weekend again by the way, the council have played an absolute blinder with the TIMING

Bloody hell, it's going to be hot in the SUMMER, who would have thought it

Unbelievable !!!!!!!

Hopefully we won't end up like Melbourne, home of the infamous Karen, of DIY superstore fame! I bet she's really popular now and enjoying her human rights to the full.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-53627038