+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Just an update on testing.

Took my son for one yesterday - very mild symptom. Almost certainly not Covid.

You have to book. Our nearest one Abercynon no availability.

Your sent a text and Email with a bar code which is scanned through the car window on arrival.

You are then passed a sef testing kit with booklet/instructions through the window and you get on with it yourself throat both tonsils 10 seconds same then up the nose until you find resistance 10 to 15 seconds. You then put the swab in a tube with some liquid and then seal up in a small bag then another bio bag.

Bag is then dropped off as you exit.

Dont just rock up expecting to be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Your sent a text and Email with a bar code which is scanned through the car window on arrival.

You are then passed a sef testing kit with booklet/instructions through the window and you get on with it yourself throat both tonsils 10 seconds same then up the nose until you find resistance 10 to 15 seconds. You then put the swab in a tube with some liquid and then seal up in a small bag then another bio bag.

Surely nobody thought you were able to waltz in and get a test on request?

Ahem...

And don't expect a result either. Mine got lost in the system, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And don't expect a result either. Mine got lost in the system, apparently.
    I remember you saying this when my wife had one. 9 days later shes back in work im still isolating. Rang around and eventually they got back with a negative test. They said theyd had system problems.

This time the barcode is connected to your mobile and notified by text Email. Should get result in 48 hours. If no result after 5 days theres a number to ring.

I feckin hope this one doesnt go missing.

Wow. Test result received in under 24 hours negative as expected.

That's a positive then.

Over 1500 new cases in UK today, highest since mid June. Damn thing just isn’t going to go away is it.

Does anybody watch Dr John Campbell on YouTube for his updates.

I’ve been watching them regularly since February.
    He’s informative and for the most part keeps the politics out of the discussion.

He just uploaded a video regarding the efficacy of Hydroxychlorquine after a substantial Belgian Study showed an improvement of 30% in the mortality rate for those who were administered it.

He also slated some trials and The WHO for the dosages that were being recommended.

Anyway the video has disappeared from YouTube in less than an hour of it going up.

You’d be quite special if you were one of the 10 or 12 out of 3 million who tested positive......

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Surely nobody thought you were able to waltz in and get a test on request?

Ahem...
    When I said that I was not trying to be a smart arse. They have on-the spot -registration cards at Ebbw Vales Abwercynon and Cardiff. If you turn up and tell them you think you have a symptom(S) they should let you fill out the from there and then and get a test.
    It wasn't a wind up, it is perfectly true. for some rerason Newport Rodney Parade are not doing it.
    If you are refused at the entrance then the person isn't doing his job properly.

With regard to Abercynon, they have had spare capacity almost since they opened but in the last week their test rate has gone way up. They did over 200 yesterday and about the same today so spare space may be unavailable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Does anybody watch Dr John Campbell on YouTube for his updates.

I’ve been watching them regularly since February.
    He’s informative and for the most part keeps the politics out of the discussion.

He just uploaded a video regarding the efficacy of Hydroxychlorquine after a substantial Belgian Study showed an improvement of 30% in the mortality rate for those who were administered it.

He also slated some trials and The WHO for the dosages that were being recommended.

Anyway the video has disappeared from YouTube in less than an hour of it going up.
    His video on Hydroxychloroquine is back up.

https://youtu.be/2uzXHnUViro

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    When I said that I was not trying to be a smart arse. They have on-the spot -registration cards at Ebbw Vales Abwercynon and Cardiff. If you turn up and tell them you think you have a symptom(S) they should let you fill out the from there and then and get a test.
    It wasn't a wind up, it is perfectly true. for some rerason Newport Rodney Parade are not doing it.
    If you are refused at the entrance then the person isn't doing his job properly.

With regard to Abercynon, they have had spare capacity almost since they opened but in the last week their test rate has gone way up. They did over 200 yesterday and about the same today so spare space may be unavailable now.
    I drove past CCS testing area on Wednesday and there was about 6 or 7 people with orange jackets on all sat in a line (not appearing to be distancing) on a row of chairs all doing sod all. I've seen the odd car or two in there but never a queue to get in. I wonder what data is available to how many tests they have carried out there because in the few times I have gone by the place is mostly deserted.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I drove past CCS testing area on Wednesday and there was about 6 or 7 people with orange jackets on all sat in a line (not appearing to be distancing) on a row of chairs all doing sod all. I've seen the odd car or two in there but never a queue to get in. I wonder what data is available to how many tests they have carried out there because in the few times I have gone by the place is mostly deserted.
    As you say it's been pretty much like that since it 'opened'. Think 1 car is the most I've ever seen there.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff are regularly doing about 200+ tests a day. On average they can do about 30/hour and its open 12 hours, but as you say, they places al;ways look empty as one drives past.

I went to the one in Cwm near Ebbw Vale.

Rang around 10. No availability in Abercynon. Earliest appointment 5 in Cwm. Your given a half hour slot. Staff guide cars check you have an appointment by holding a sign , scan your appointment barcode. Some have mobile phones which you ring and they give you instructions. Theres then a drop off point for your test.

There was a car leaving as we arrived there was also cars there and arrived after. It didnt appear busy but with you being allocated a half hour slot im not suprised. Im not sure how many slots they have for each half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You’d be quite special if you were one of the 10 or 12 out of 3 million who tested positive......
    That made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Personally Bob, I’d prefer a higher mortality rate if it means I can waltz about and carry on like I used to without a care for anything in the world.

As long as it’s not me doing the dying.

International

I went to the one in Cwm near Ebbw Vale.

Rang around 10. No availability in Abercynon. Earliest appointment 5 in Cwm. Your given a half hour slot. Staff guide cars check you have an appointment by holding a sign , scan your appointment barcode. Some have mobile phones which you ring and they give you instructions. Theres then a drop off point for your test.

There was a car leaving as we arrived there was also cars there and arrived after. It didnt appear busy but with you being allocated a half hour slot im not suprised. Im not sure how many slots they have for each half hour.
    I think you're given a half hour slot in which to turn up, to allow for traffic etc, but the average time for a test is about 10 minutes. Clearly some take longer, particularly if they don't speak english too well and/or there is a problem explaining things.

It's obvious that each test doesn't take a half an hour slot or they wouldn't be doing over 200 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think you're given a half hour slot in which to turn up, to allow for traffic etc, but the average time for a test is about 10 minutes. Clearly some take longer, particularly if they don't speak english too well and/or there is a problem explaining things.

It's obvious that each test doesn't take a half an hour slot or they wouldn't be doing over 200 a day.
    They are booking half hour slots. I was offered 5 to 5.30. 5.30 to 6 etc etc etc. I think they were available up to 8.30.

There are obviously a certain number per site for each slot. 200 is easy. 10 every half hour will easily make 200 a day

International

They are booking half hour slots. I was offered 5 to 5.30. 5.30 to 6 etc etc etc. I think they were available up to 8.30.

There are obviously a certain number per site for each slot. 200 is easy. 10 every half hour will easily make 200 a day
    UExactly as I said. You are given a 30 minute window to turn up but each test doesn’t tie up a bay for 30 minutes
    Each test centre has about 5 bays and is open for 12 hours so if the were actually only doing 1 every half hour the max production would be 120 tests each day. They are doing far more than that.

A "reasonable worst case scenario of 85,000 deaths across the UK this winter due to Covid-19" according to a leaked SAGE report. Hopefully, this is akin to that report early this year of half a million UK deaths which frightened the Government into abandoning any thoughts of relying on herd mentality - surely, we have to be better placed to cope this coming winter after what happened in the spring and what's been learned since then than we were earlier this year?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53954492

"Leave home. Forget the NHS. Save Pret"

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...office-commute

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A "reasonable worst case scenario of 85,000 deaths across the UK this winter due to Covid-19" according to a leaked SAGE report. Hopefully, this is akin to that report early this year of half a million UK deaths which frightened the Government into abandoning any thoughts of relying on herd mentality - surely, we have to be better placed to cope this coming winter after what happened in the spring and what's been learned since then than we were earlier this year?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53954492
    But the BBC report you posted also says that the variables are so great that the figure cannot be given with any degree of certainty and also says that many people ITK think it is useless, or at least doesn't take account of things learned or being learnt.