+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 350 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    China solved the problem (perhaps temporarily) in what, 50 days? I checked the numbers before posting. Pro rata wise Britain's 144 fatalities is almost up to China's total and measures here remain half-arsed.
    You were just saying there were no need for these measures because they would kill the economy. China have helped the problem by shutting everything down for 3 months. I'm on a video call with China as we speak and they are still all wearing masks during work and are still limiting staff numbers in the office.

Blow up economies, saddle generations with a vast amount of debt to repay and taking a hammer to the purchasing power of the pound versus hoping to extend the lives of the aged who are already seriously ill for maybe a year or two. I'll opt for the latter.

Those who choose the former should remember not to grumble when they have to dig very deep for years on end to help finance it all.
    This leaves me to assume that you are not that old

China solved the problem (perhaps temporarily) in what, 50 days? I checked the numbers before posting. Pro rata wise Britain's 144 fatalities is almost up to China's total and measures here remain half-arsed.
    You originally confidently stated that the virus was invented by China to control the Chinese population, and to "wake you up when a non Asian died'

Over 1000 deaths and counting in Italy, Spain and Iran, the total's going up every day in dozens of other countries and you're still on here making statements like you're knowledgable. It's so arrogant and laughable it's beyond embarrassing

Absolutely pointless comparing, because China is a massive country that had one region, in particular, like a warzone, and other regions with a barely a ripple.

Population wise, the UK is similar to Hubei, so try comparing that.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Are you a bit thick or just stubborn
    Ah, you again. You keep having a pop, oh brainy one. The attached is just for you, and it definitely isn't a random choice.

I love that song 👌

Death rate of infected in Iran is over 7%. That would be a better comparison than China.

China is basically like Europe and the UK is smaller than a lot of the Chinese provinces. Will the UK be Hubei or Gunagdong?

Ah, you again. You keep having a pop, oh brainy one. The attached is just for you, and it definitely isn't a random choice.

It was a question more than a pop. I don’t think you’re thick at all, I just think your unable to change your viewpoint because of how stubborn you are.

Do you think the measures being put in place are good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Absolutely pointless comparing, because China is a massive country that had one region, in particular, like a warzone, and other regions with a barely a ripple.

Population wise, the UK is similar to Hubei, so try comparing that.
    The mortality rate is the important bit. 4% is massive, much higher than Spanish Flu. Unlike that one though, which targeted those 20-45 the most (I.e. the productive) then this one is of less concern.

The mortality rate is the important bit. 4% is massive, much higher than Spanish Flu. Unlike that one though, which targeted those 20-45 the most (I.e. the productive) then this one is of less concern.
    So self isolation is key then surely?

It was a question more than a pop. I don’t think you’re thick at all, I just think your unable to change your viewpoint because of how stubborn you are.

Do you think the measures being put in place are good or bad?
    Bad. I think .gov should spell out repeatedly in simple language who are most at risk and that they should stay indoors and avoid contact with others as much as practicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So self isolation is key then surely?
    Aye.

So one minute you're looking at total population

"Pro rata wise Britain's 144 fatalities is almost up to China's total"

Then it's mortality rate is the important bit, which is based on those infected.

Keep flailing, you'll hit eventually.

Bad. I think .gov should spell out repeatedly in simple language who are most at risk and that they should stay indoors and avoid contact with others as much as practicable.
    But if there isn't complete self isolation infection will spread massively and hospitals will get overwhelmed. Even young people have been in intensive care and on ventillators. Hospitals getting overwhelmed means these people will start to die.

If the infection spreads there is more chance of older and vulnerable people getting it too.

I agree something has to be done to protect the economy, smaller businesses and self employed people. But Fracne and Italy have managed to do that.

But these measures are the only thing that have worked in China and Italy.

I think we all just need to admit that we dont know everything about everything and it’s ok for speculation we’ve made on a messageboard not to be right all the time

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This leaves me to assume that you are not that old
    I have no problem with those who understand the consequences of allowing inflation to rip and having to shoulder the extra tax burden because of the measures the government has taken and promised to take (unlimited spending). If I was older I wouldn't be much concerned as I haven't any health conditions.

But these measures are the only thing that have worked in China and Italy.

I think we all just need to admit that we dont know everything about everything and it’s ok for speculation we’ve made on a messageboard not to be right all the time
    Have they worked in China?

Given China kept schtum for 6 weeks, arrested and persecutred whistleblowing medical staff, I'd take any claims made by China with a very large pinch of salt. Time they were totally isolated by the world given this is now the what 5th virus spread from there...

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post

Given China kept schtum for 6 weeks, arrested and persecutred whistleblowing medical staff, I'd take any claims made by China with a very large pinch of salt. Time they were totally isolated by the world given this is now the what 5th virus spread from there...
    Yes that’s the biggest issue do we believe China’s figures.

I believe they must have stopped getting as many infections as a lot of my colleagues are back at work and I think they would have stayed locked down if they were still getting infections.

Whether I believe the numbers for total number of deaths is another matter.

I believe they must have stopped getting as many infections as a lot of my colleagues are back at work and I think they would have stayed locked down if they were still getting infections.

That's a lot of faith to put into a nation whose lies caused the global pandemic tbh.

Pretty much any of your Chinese colleagues, who are back in work, will be virus free. They will have been monitored every time they enter their work place.
    Their movements before they came back to work would have been easily monitored too.
    It's not foolproof, but near to it.

This is what you previously thought

My hypothesis is it's a mild form of flu released by the ChiComs that's not life threatening to anyone other than east Asians and is less of a risk to east Asians themselves than the flu umpteen thousands die of every year when bronchitis or pneumonia set in. Put another way, it's tons of hype with very little substance to those who choose to look beyond the hype, which you and others appear incapable of. If you care to view footage from China their citizens' body temperature is checked whenever they take to the streets by people using a handheld device.

It's widely accepted that during Chairman Mao's tenure their utterly ruthless Communist Party deliberately killed around 60 million Chinese citizens, mostly by starvation. And China is far more overpopulated today than then.
    so it doesn't really matter what you think now

That's a lot of faith to put into a nation whose lies caused the global pandemic tbh.
    Well it's a judgement but based on that my colleagues usually work 6 days a week 9am to 9pm and for over 2 months they were at home barely working and now they're back. I just don't think they would have stopped work like that for so long for nothing and then starting again without being sure the situation was better.

I don't believe the official numbers they put out at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Pretty much any of your Chinese colleagues, who are back in work, will be virus free. They will have been monitored every time they enter their work place.
    Their movements before they came back to work would have been easily monitored too.
    It's not foolproof, but near to it.
    Yes they get temperature checks every day I think. It definitely seems to have really calmed down over there now. The chinese lads in our London office really want to go back but aren't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This is what you previously thought

so it doesn't really matter what you think now
    Okay, my opinion doesn't matter. I don't care what you think about anything too. Not being horrible, I just couldn't care less.