+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    "...they are learning as they go..."

You 100 per cent about that?
    Learning as they go seems very generous considering they had the wave in China, then Italy, then here in the spring, then Spain and France again.

And yet we’ve made the same mistakes locking down in England too late again. And still don’t have a good way to test or track and trace despite millions being siphoned off to Boris’s mates.

Seems like we’ve made exactly the same mistakes as we did in the summer. Just waiting to see which tourist destination that twat Cummings is driving to, to test his eyesight this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    If I ran my business from England, I would have to close down for the next 4 weeks at least, right at my busiest and most profitable time.

I run my business from Wales and, yes, it was a pain to close down for 2 weeks but I should be back up and running on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post

Shops open at their busiest times too, including mine. A 4 week lockdown would have meant me laying off my only employee.
    you could have extended Furlough **, its been extended for Nov

( ** same help has been given to the self employed, IF you business has been effected in any way due to covid )

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Learning as they go seems very generous considering they had the wave in China, then Italy, then here in the spring, then Spain and France again.

And yet we’ve made the same mistakes locking down in England too late again. And still don’t have a good way to test or track and trace despite millions being siphoned off to Boris’s mates.

Seems like we’ve made exactly the same mistakes as we did in the summer. Just waiting to see which tourist destination that twat Cummings is driving to, to test his eyesight this time.
    They'll be learning it all again during the next lockdown in early 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its 15 indoors for organised activities isnt it?

Not 15 in a house.

Households is 2 households in a bubble.
    This is already a source of confusion. An individual on the news last night said how pleased he is that his son and family who live in one part of Wales and his daughter who lives in another part plus the grandchildren could all get together at last.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    This is already a source of confusion. An individual on the news last night said how pleased he is that his son and family who live in one part of Wales and his daughter who lives in another part plus the grandchildren could all get together at last.
    It's not a "source of confusion" though, is it? It's people not being able to read things properly.

Both the indoor activity numbers and the household bubbles are mentioned separately - yet someone off the street who was interviewed by a news reporter doesn't understand what's happening and thinks he can have the full cast of his family tree 'round for cake.

I guess that's Drakeford's fault?

That sounds right.

That sounds right.
    Yeah, 2 household bubble, no movement restrictions within wales

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah, 2 household bubble, no movement restrictions within wales
    Yeah dont think thats confusing. People actually sticking to these rules is another thing all together.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Ah OK. Misread it. But what if they're sex people?
    But seriously, it is family meetings that are most likely to spread the thing. Whilst older people who live alone need a visitor and support I think any family should consider what was said about the minimum needed to be done rather than the most that can be done
    Organised activity is defined by them belonging to an organisation that can ensure they follow Covid rules. Eg the FAW.

Not sure the Efail ISAF Swingers have a governing body.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's not a "source of confusion" though, is it? It's people not being able to read things properly.

Both the indoor activity numbers and the household bubbles are mentioned separately - yet someone off the street who was interviewed by a news reporter doesn't understand what's happening and thinks he can have the full cast of his family tree 'round for cake.

I guess that's Drakeford's fault?
    Not saying it's Drakeford's fault. Give me some examples of what you consider organised indoor activities and whether they can be held in someone's home?

Is a dinner party permitted to raise some money for a charity, or is an organised birthday party, or a group together to watch a football match on TV...It can be a source of confusion

Yeah dont think thats confusing. People actually sticking to these rules is another thing all together.
    My wife’s mates are confused already.

Instantly gone and booked a table in a restaurant and gin bar for 8 colleagues. They are already fully booked for the next two weeks despite no guidance on licensed premises reopening.

Not saying it's Drakeford's fault. Give me some examples of what you consider organised indoor activities and whether they can be held in someone's home?

Is a dinner party permitted to raise some money for a charity, or is an organised birthday party, or a group together to watch a football match on TV...It can be a source of confusion
    Organised activity needs a governing body or someone who can be held accountable.

That’s been made clear.

Heisenberg

I'd probably just check to see if Drakford has given any guidance on what constitutes an "indoor activity" under these guidelines since I doubt it'll have any impact on me...

Oh, look what I found: "In relation to organised activity, up to 15 people can take part in an indoors activity and up to 30 in outdoors activity, providing all social distancing, hand hygiene and other Covid safety measures are followed.

Mr Drakeford said an organised activity is defined by whether or not it has a body responsible for ensuring all regulations are being followed.

Asked to clarify whether organised activities include sports and local community gatherings, he said: "The essential way we define an organised activity is if there is a body responsible for taking charge of what the regulations require, which is that all reasonable measures have been to limit the risk of coronavirus in that setting.

"In sports, that's often a governing body. In a community centre, that can be the local management committee.

"But it is organised because there is an individual or an organisation who can be held to account for complying with the law, and that's why we will allow – during this winter in community centres – groups of up to 15 people to meet for organised indoor activities.

"I've thought very hard about that. I've agreed to it because during the four months from now until the end of February, we know it will be harder for people to meet outdoors and we need to provide more indoor opportunities.

"But they've got to be organised activities, they've got to be held under the control of an individual or an organisation who takes all the steps that the law requires in Wales to make sure that that activity is run, or that setting is organised, in a way that minimises the risk.

"Activities that take place outside the rules will very likely be in breach of the rules in Wales."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nised-19206512

Really??? Weve no chance. If members of the public are confused if we can have a grouo

We are doomed. If people around the country like Lisvane dont know if they can have a group around to watch the football may as well give up now.

Its totally depressing.

I wouldn't have thought that any of your examples would be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't have thought that any of your examples would be allowed
    Im sure the hundreds of houses who have organised charity dinners in their homes in the middle of a pandemic will be able to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    My wife’s mates are confused already.

Instantly gone and booked a table in a restaurant and gin bar for 8 colleagues. They are already fully booked for the next two weeks despite no guidance on licensed premises reopening.
    Maybe people booked before the lockdown in the hope that they'd be able go once lockdown ended.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe people booked before the lockdown in the hope that they'd be able go once lockdown ended.
    Regardless of when it was booked are groups constituting more than the two house bubble allowed to meet in pubs and restaurants?

We are doomed. If people around the country like Lisvane dont know if they can have a group around to watch the football may as well give up now.

Its totally depressing.
    Thank you for your concern. Im OK thanks and do understand. I was giving an example earlier of someone who didn't and was on TV suggesting that he could now meet up with his larger family.

I put a few thoughts forward as to what could possibly be interpreted as an organised in door gathering and asking what definitive guidance has been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'd probably just check to see if Drakford has given any guidance on what constitutes an "indoor activity" under these guidelines since I doubt it'll have any impact on me...

Oh, look what I found: "In relation to organised activity, up to 15 people can take part in an indoors activity and up to 30 in outdoors activity, providing all social distancing, hand hygiene and other Covid safety measures are followed.

Mr Drakeford said an organised activity is defined by whether or not it has a body responsible for ensuring all regulations are being followed.

Asked to clarify whether organised activities include sports and local community gatherings, he said: "The essential way we define an organised activity is if there is a body responsible for taking charge of what the regulations require, which is that all reasonable measures have been to limit the risk of coronavirus in that setting.

"In sports, that's often a governing body. In a community centre, that can be the local management committee.

"But it is organised because there is an individual or an organisation who can be held to account for complying with the law, and that's why we will allow – during this winter in community centres – groups of up to 15 people to meet for organised indoor activities.

"I've thought very hard about that. I've agreed to it because during the four months from now until the end of February, we know it will be harder for people to meet outdoors and we need to provide more indoor opportunities.

"But they've got to be organised activities, they've got to be held under the control of an individual or an organisation who takes all the steps that the law requires in Wales to make sure that that activity is run, or that setting is organised, in a way that minimises the risk.

"Activities that take place outside the rules will very likely be in breach of the rules in Wales."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nised-19206512
    Thanks for that. The local Bridge Club should be OK then.

Thank you for your concern. Im OK thanks and do understand. I was giving an example earlier of someone who didn't and was on TV suggesting that he could now meet up with his larger family.

I put a few thoughts forward as to what could possibly be interpreted as an organised in door gathering and asking what definitive guidance has been given.
    Well he wasnt confused because he clearly understood he can now meet up with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Regardless of when it was booked are groups constituting more than the two house bubble allowed to meet in pubs and restaurants?
    I doubt it very much but the rules concerning hospitality haven't been published yet have they?

Well he wasnt confused because he clearly understood he can now meet up with his family.
    Well he was confused because he had a son plus wife and kids living in one part of Wales, a daughter plus family in another part of Wales and he was looking forward to them all getting together

Well he was confused because he had a son plus wife and kids living in one part of Wales, a daughter plus family in another part of Wales and he was looking forward to them all getting together
    Apologies. Didnt tie your last post on this correctly with the original. If he said his Daughter and his son and their children can meet up then hes correct. That can be their bubble.

You added that he was looking forward to meeting his family. Yeah he cant do that if theyve formed a bubble.

Its a good point. With the lifting of the travel restrictions I can see this happening. Even if there isnt confusion.