+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Be amazed at that, most people I know have done it properly
    Before the [Wales] lockdown the wife & I walked into town and had a coffee outside a cafe in an arcade. We wore masks, they wore masks, we were 3m at least away from anyone else who either worked there or went there. Absolutely no way we could have been infected at that place, yet if someone who went there within 14 days either side of when we went, gets symptoms, [almost certainly contracted from somewhere else], we will get a phone call instructing us both to stay indoors for 2 weeks and get people to drop of food etc.

Yeah, right.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    So all the positive test were on people who wee not unwell.

To me that's why the figures are used to scare the public. A lot of positive tests does not mean a lot of unwell people.

A lot of positive tests does mean a lot of infectious people who have now been identified and should now be self isolating and not putting vulnerable people at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We all have differing personal views and health conditions/age, but to suggest we all need to be scared is subjective. Over the past 9 months doctors, Government, media, have all spent hour upon hour every single day trying to scare the population in general. The problem is the overwhelming majority haven't caught it, haven't heard of anyone they know - or remotely know of - getting it, and based on the stats - even those 'tweaked' by the two old gits - don't think they're going to get it. Worry away if you like, I'm not..

I'm perfectly fit and well. I would probably recover with few issues. Shall I tell you what scares me? Me being infectious and not being symptomatic, and passing on a virus to someone who would not do so well if they catch the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    I'm perfectly fit and well. I would probably recover with few issues. Shall I tell you what scares me? Me being infectious and not being symptomatic, and passing on a virus to someone who would not do so well if they catch the virus.
    This is the big point people keep missing.

And they also don’t realise the bigger dose of the virus you get the worse you are so if we let it run riot people will get worse and worse.

Look how many people actually have it already, look how many people are in hospital and dying.

Imagine if we let it run free and loads more people get it. You wouldn’t need that high a percentage to get it for it to cause a load of trouble.

What do we do once a load of essential workers get too sick to work? No one seems to consider how that would affect the economy.

I know plenty of people who’ve had it and a couple who’ve died from it. Maybe using anecdotal evidence when you live in a remote welsh village isn’t always a good idea.

Before the [Wales] lockdown the wife & I walked into town and had a coffee outside a cafe in an arcade. We wore masks, they wore masks, we were 3m at least away from anyone else who either worked there or went there. Absolutely no way we could have been infected at that place, yet if someone who went there within 14 days either side of when we went, gets symptoms, [almost certainly contracted from somewhere else], we will get a phone call instructing us both to stay indoors for 2 weeks and get people to drop of food etc.

Yeah, right.
    It's good that you wore them, but masks aren't a shield of invincibility. You can still touch surfaces with the virus on it.

(Not that I'm defending the app alerts)

Masks only lower your chance of getting it by about 10% I think and that’s if it’s worn properly.

The reason we wear masks is they stop us giving it if we are asymptomatic by about 90%.

Thinking you won’t have it because you wore a mask makes me think you don’t really understand it. And unless you drank your coffee through it you really don’t understand it.

Yeah, right.

Really? Or just get a test? Which clearly requires a proper system or even better the 30 minute one. You take the test after the warning, you’re clear, life goes on. Sounds simple but they haven’t implemented it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    If you are responsible for a vulnerable person then I’d imagine you do consider it. My mother turned 88 last week, too risky to do much as ever despite the fact she desperately wanted to see her grand children. We did, but at a distance the whole time. I’m very conscious
    Of the fact I could wipe out my own mother....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If you are responsible for a vulnerable person then I’d imagine you do consider it. My mother turned 88 last week, too risky to do much as ever despite the fact she desperately wanted to see her grand children. We did, but at a distance the whole time. I’m very conscious
    Of the fact I could wipe out my own mother....
    Sad isn't it? If I am shopping for food I see lots of old folk around. I am conscious that I could pass the virus on. As mentioned earlier, people wear masks to protect themselves. Masks don't protect much. But, they stop onward transmission if worn properly. That means covering the mouth and nose at all times, not taking them off to chat to the girl behind the till.

The problem I see is that people put on a mask and assume invincibility and act carelessly and selfishly. The people most likely to do this are the thickos who think it is just an exercise to scare people.

Is that true? I don’t believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah that can't be how it works, or everyone would be getting notifications all of the time

Doesn't it work it out based on the bluetooth interactions. And it takes distance and time spent into account. So you're only getting a real notification if you have been close enough to someone for long enough. Again it seems people moaning about things don't have a good grasp on how they actually work.

Why form such strong opinions without trying to understand something first?

I got a random notification a few weeks ago and when I clicked into the app nothing. So I googled it and it said it was a glitch based on how the app was interacting with the phone's software.

It's not ideal but surely anyone getting anything like this is going to double check before isolating.

Yeah, right.
    Complete rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course its not true.

The sad thing is people hear stories like that and pass it on and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Of course its not true.

The sad thing is people hear stories like that and pass it on and repeat.
    Self-isolate for 14 days
    If you're told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app:

self-isolate for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person who tested positive for coronavirus – as it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear
    do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off at your home
    do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for essential care
    try to avoid contact with anyone you live with as much as possible
    people you live with do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms
    people in your support bubble do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I had an alert on the app the other day, when I hadn't been anywhere and I'm the only person in the house with the app installed.
    There was a later notification saying I didn't need to do anything.
    The app is known for generating false positives. I've had several.

Self-isolate for 14 days

self-isolate for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person who tested positive for coronavirus – as it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear
    do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off at your home
    do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for essential care
    people in your support bubble do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms
    Yes thats all correct.????

How does that back up your post.???

Self-isolate for 14 days

Maybe you were in contact with someone else, somewhere else?

The above doesn't prove anything that you claimed.

If this is correct, just think how many places will have to completely shut down based on just one individual getting infected - it would be everywhere they've visited in the last fortnight.

And everyone who's been in there over that time would have to self-isolate. One case could mean thousands of people locked away.

I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The app is known for generating false positives. I've had several.
    They're quite obvious though aren't they. If you get a notification but nothing in the app you're fine.

Self-isolate for 14 days

Yeah but if you've been in a coffee shop at a different time or on a different day to someone else who's had it you won't get anything.

Even if you were in the same shop at the same time as long as you weren't really close for a long period of time you won't hear anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes thats all correct.????

How does that back up your post.???
    Because that was the very point I was making ??!

If someone tests positive for Covid track and trace want to know their recent close contacts. I believe that is anyone within 48 hours of them developing symptoms as they believe you can become infections from then.

Because that was the very point I was making ??!
    Sorry totally lost me.

We all have differing personal views and health conditions/age, but to suggest we all need to be scared is subjective. Over the past 9 months doctors, Government, media, have all spent hour upon hour every single day trying to scare the population in general. The problem is the overwhelming majority haven't caught it, haven't heard of anyone they know - or remotely know of - getting it, and based on the stats - even those 'tweaked' by the two old gits - don't think they're going to get it. Worry away if you like, I'm not..
    I know over 20 friends of mine who have had it, two more have said they've had it in the last 48 hours. Most have said they've felt weak and haven't properly recovered. I think 3 of them have been hospitalised by it, oddly enough all were younger and healthier than me. A few have had minor symptoms. One guy, in his 70s, drinks like a fish, overweight, heart problem, was asymptomatic! Most of them passed on the virus to others in their family.

I know of something like 6 Facebook friends who have lost family members due to Covid. One was cremated last week, the brother of someone I know, mid 40s, young kid now without a father.