+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Contact details are taken as a person who has tested positive will be asked by contact tracers who they have recently been in contact with and where they have been. Recent is the 2 days before getting symptoms onwards.

If they say they were in that cafe and at a time they were at risk of passing it on the cafe will have your details. You can then be contacted if you were in close contact of that person.

Your post sorry was completely inaccurate.
    No it's not. If someone tests positive they're asked for all their contacts - including work, restaurants bars etc., where they have been when they became infected. That can be anytime up to 14 days before the test proved they had Covid19.[ the person may have had symptoms for up to 14 days prior] If they visited the cafe in question during that period, NHS track and trace contacts all those tel numbers of people who have been to the cafe during that period, and are then instructed to self isolate for 14 days. That's what it says on the Govt. webpages - it's not an opinion, it's a fact..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    No it's not. If someone tests positive they're asked for all their contacts - including work, restaurants bars etc., where they have been when they became infected. That can be anytime up to 14 days before the test proved they had Covid19.[ the person may have had symptoms for up to 14 days prior] If they visited the cafe in question during that period, NHS track and trace contacts all those tel numbers of people who have been to the cafe during that period, and are then instructed to self isolate for 14 days. That's what it says on the Govt. webpages - it's not an opinion, it's a fact..
    Utter bollocks.

As the Gunman says. Utter bollox.

Read this:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test...e-how-it-works

And this:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/maintain...test-and-trace

And this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52442754

Educate yourself before spreading any more misinformation. The track and trace system is designed to limit outbreaks of the virus, not close the bloody country.

Contact tracing and how it works.

https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect...#section-42170

Someone you have been in close proximity during a period beginning up to 2 days before they developed symptoms.

Yes it can take 14 days to develop symptomsm. But its the contacts 2 days before not 14 - I believe ive read thats because they think you can become infectious 2 days before - not 14.

In short if someone youve been in close contact with develops symptoms within 2 days of you being in contact with them you isolate. If not your ok.

In order to hopefully avoid any further confusion on Monkfish's part, close contact is defined by the NHS as:

Having face-to-face contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 less than 1 metre away (this will include times where you have worn a face covering or a face mask). Spending more than 15 minutes within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for Covid-19. Travelling in a car or other small vehicle (even on a short journey) with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 or sitting close to them on a plane.

It does not include sitting a cafe in which somebody who tested positive for Covid-19 also sat in ten days ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But Mr Drakeford has already said there will be no more local lockdowns here in Wales! So if they don't listen maybe we'll all be locked down.
    Hopefully he will make an exception. Why should we suffer in Cardiff because some twats in Merthyr aren’t doing what they should be?

But Mr Drakeford has already said there will be no more local lockdowns here in Wales! So if they don't listen maybe we'll all be locked down.
    That's not what he said is it?

I thought he said that the national lockdown would definitely end on he 9th, and the plan was for the local lockdowns that were previously in place to end then also.

That doesn't mean there will not be any more local lockdowns, unless he's made another statement that I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That doesn't mean there will not be any more local lockdowns, unless he's made another statement that I've missed.
    I’d be surprised if there were as the advice paper to the WAG that brought about the firebreak lockdown effectively said the local lockdowns weren’t working and should be discontinued.

We need Miltia groups on the street's and fast.

Let's hope we don't see a drop in cases during the firebreak , because of less testing ?? just to prove a point ??

International

I thought he said that the national lockdown would definitely end on he 9th, and the plan was for the local lockdowns that were previously in place to end then also.

He said there will be no more localised restrictions after the lockdown ends and anything would be at national (Wales) level. Therefore I think my comment stands

International

He said there will be no more localised restrictions after the lockdown ends and anything would be at national (Wales) level. Therefore I think my comment stands

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54748184

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    England are going into a lockdown, so the Welsh lockdown will end come hell or high water.
    The date for the end of the Welsh lockdown was announced way before England announced the start of theirs so not sure what you're really getting at here

Explains a bit more about why it’s so bad in Merthyr

Covid-19: Merthyr Tydfil's 'closeness and community' spreading virus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54828434

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Explains a bit more about why it’s so bad in Merthyr

Covid-19: Merthyr Tydfil's 'closeness and community' spreading virus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54828434
    This just about sums up the attitude of many people sadly:

He said he was on the estate last week to talk to someone who'd had issues with anti social behaviour and was invited in, but said he could not due to the rules.

"Two minutes later, she said 'I'm glad you didn't come in, I've got Covid'," he said.

Jesus Christ

Do you really think that's happening for the many tens of thousands of positive cases every week?

International

Shirley with so many testing positive but not needing hospitalisation there must be more and more people inthe community who will have antibodies to give them immunity for 4 - 6 months at least.
    Seems silly but the more people get it the less people can get it, and more importantly pass it on.
    I know that is the principle of herd immunity and I'm not advocating that as a strategy, but maybe it will happen by default. So many people in Merthyr have it now (are testing positive) you'd imagine that in a month or twos time it would be almost impossible to catch it there unless you get really close up and personal.

...almost impossible to catch it there unless you get really close up and personal.
    Let's hope Welsh Government have the sense to keep the Merthyr women in lockdown then.

Shirley with so many testing positive but not needing hospitalisation there must be more and more people inthe community who will have antibodies to give them immunity for 4 - 6 months at least.
    Seems silly but the more people get it the less people can get it, and more importantly pass it on.
    I know that is the principle of herd immunity and I'm not advocating that as a strategy, but maybe it will happen by default. So many people in Merthyr have it now (are testing positive) you'd imagine that in a month or twos time it would be almost impossible to catch it there unless you get really close up and personal.
    It's still only one in three who are being tested who are positive I believe and the rate per 100,000 in Merthyr has gone down a bit in recent days - there's still plenty more people there who've not had it than there are who've had it I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    The date for the end of the Welsh lockdown was announced way before England announced the start of theirs so not sure what you're really getting at here
    I was being flippant. However, it has often felt (to me at least) that Drakeford and Co are determined to do things differently to Johnson and his minions regardless of the circumstances. After all, if Wales has some of the highest infection rates in the UK, does it make any sense to start relaxing restrictions here? Is that really an example of following the science?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I was being flippant. However, it has often felt (to me at least) that Drakeford and Co are determined to do things differently to Johnson and his minions regardless of the circumstances. After all, if Wales has some of the highest infection rates in the UK, does it make any sense to start relaxing restrictions here? Is that really an example of following the science?
    I don't want restrictions to continue obviously but it does feel a bit odd going from strict travel restrictions to a 2 week lockdown then just taking the brakes off a bit like's happening Monday. I can't imagine we'll be in a good place in December regardless of what's happened in the last 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't want restrictions to continue obviously but it does feel a bit odd going from strict travel restrictions to a 2 week lockdown then just taking the brakes off a bit like's happening Monday. I can't imagine we'll be in a good place in December regardless of what's happened in the last 2 weeks
    Nevermind that we can all go to the pub again with our mates

I don't see how the Welsh government will allow the firebreak to end in Merthyr and other areas with high levels of COVID. That would be thoroughly irresponsible.

In this pandemic governments need to be flexible and not make statements saying restrictions should end on a particular date come what may. So, is Drakeford saying the firebreak will end on Monday irrespective of the number of COVID cases?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don't see how the Welsh government will allow the firebreak to end in Merthyr and other areas with high levels of COVID. That would be thoroughly irresponsible.

In this pandemic governments need to be flexible and not make statements saying restrictions should end on a particular date come what may. So, is Drakeford saying the firebreak will end on Monday irrespective of the number of COVID cases?
    They certainly lose a lot of respect if they do. It’s not following the science is it.....