+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 393 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 7856

Thread: Coronavirus update

  1. #41

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You've made the fatal mistake of thinking that governments actually care about its citizens. They only do just enough to keep you paying your taxes and ensuring that you are economically productive. If you want to blame anybody, then blame the people who keep on voting for the same two parties!
    Too right, I mean if they will chuck their own Health Minister under a bus who knows what they will do next.

  2. #42

  3. #43

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Israel has the best policy , anyone entering the country has to be a resident , and isolate immediately and no tourists in whilst this exists.

  4. #44

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Those words of "let's spend it on the NHS instead" will come back to bite him on the arse, whether our death rate is 10, 100, 1000 or more.
    Dad (91) was 10 hours on a trolley, later on a seat (having been taken into hospital with suspected stroke) before getting a bed late on a (normal) Friday night. Chances are someone will die in a corridor under those circumstances. And that's before CV really hits. NHS "well prepared"? On paper, maybe, but in reality the Demographic Time Bomb has already exploded.

  5. #45

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, in short. Why should the action of a single Government make me more or less worried than the actual stats.

    For example, someone who tested positive said it was like a cold, another like the flu. The question, why is the death rate so high in Italy is a valid one. Are significantly more older people getting the disease there for example. I could run out and buy loads of loo roll and pasta.
    Italy because they have the oldest population in Europe, 81 average of death rate.

  6. #46

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Italy because they have the oldest population in Europe, 81 average of death rate.
    Just spoke to my mate who lives in northern Italy, he told me the reason why so many old people have died. When they initially shut the schools all the kids went off to stay with their grandparents so the parents could carry on working. Loads got infected this way apparently which explains a lot. We should isolate the oldies now, stay in if your over 65.

  7. #47

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just spoke to my mate who lives in northern Italy, he told me the reason why so many old people have died. When they initially shut the schools all the kids went off to stay with their grandparents so the parents could carry on working. Loads got infected this way apparently which explains a lot. We should isolate the oldies now, stay in if your over 65.
    So if they shut schools in this country where do all the children go. You wouldnt have all the parents stopping working.

  8. #48

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just spoke to my mate who lives in northern Italy, he told me the reason why so many old people have died. When they initially shut the schools all the kids went off to stay with their grandparents so the parents could carry on working. Loads got infected this way apparently which explains a lot. We should isolate the oldies now, stay in if your over 65.
    In Italy the kids are carriers?

  9. #49

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    A textbook approach according to one specific poster on here.
    There are supposedly 1 million kits for 322 million people. Yet Trump promised anyone could get a test any time they wanted. Stable genius.

  10. #50
    International
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baku, Azerbaijan
    Posts
    10,406

    Re: Coronavirus update

    These is an article on BBC News on line today about death rates etc. Apparently almost half of the mild caes are never even reported so that means trhe percentage of deaths per numbers of registered illnesses appears to be higher than it really is. apparently this is true in a lot of such outbreaks not just this one.
    The other point is that the vast majority of those who die are elderly people who are already suffering from some other condition like diabetes asthma or heart condition. Sensible precautions should allow the vast majority of the population to have no worry. Even those who do get the virus appear to be OK in 5 days or so. Of course we only hear about the worst cases

  11. #51

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    OK, fair enough and I agree that it is pointless comparing this with cancer and diabetes as some are doing.

    However, I also agree that the news outlets are not giving out many facts other than number of cases, number of deaths. Number of recoveries is also important.

    Also, I'd like to hear more from those that have recovered. Were they very sick, were they not sick at all?

    And, I'd like to know more about the cases in Italy, are people's symptoms getting worse - i.e. is the illness mutating. The death rate in Italy is 39% of closed cases, worldwide that is 6% but that is factoring in the Chinese lies, Iranian lies. South Korea is 19%. UK is 25% at the moment. But, is that because we don't consider a person recovered until they test negative etc, or is it because there is something else going on?

    Once I get all these sorts of facts, I can make a decision about whether or not this is something I need to lose sleep over.

    I also think some countries should be left off these stats because their accuracy is in question.
    Of course number of recoveries are important but no one's suggesting we're all going to die from Coronavirus. In comparison with a lot of other diseases it (hopefully) will have a lower mortality rate BUT socially and financially it could be devastating, and already is to several countries. Italy's completely quarantined, what effect do you think that will have on its economy? Or China's?

    I work in TV and Film, I'm Freelance. We started prep on a new show on Monday, we shoot in a few weeks until mid June. If one of our crew gets it, or an extra is revealed to have had it we'll likely have to isolate loads of people, worst case scenario shooting stops, it gets postponed until god knows when, millions of pounds lost, loads of people out of work.

    That is a worst case scenario but we'll be dealing with hundreds of people in a load of different locations for this, if it continues to spread then there's a reasonable chance that someone will know someone who has it. And that's true of every workplace in the UK/the world. THAT'S why it's getting reported in a way that's out of sync with the fatality rate

  12. #52

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Of course number of recoveries are important but no one's suggesting we're all going to die from Coronavirus. In comparison with a lot of other diseases it (hopefully) will have a lower mortality rate BUT socially and financially it could be devastating, and already is to several countries. Italy's completely quarantined, what effect do you think that will have on its economy? Or China's?

    I work in TV and Film, I'm Freelance. We started prep on a new show on Monday, we shoot in a few weeks until mid June. If one of our crew gets it, or an extra is revealed to have had it we'll likely have to isolate loads of people, worst case scenario shooting stops, it gets postponed until god knows when, millions of pounds lost, loads of people out of work.

    That is a worst case scenario but we'll be dealing with hundreds of people in a load of different locations for this, if it continues to spread then there's a reasonable chance that someone will know someone who has it. And that's true of every workplace in the UK/the world. THAT'S why it's getting reported in a way that's out of sync with the fatality rate
    Yeah yeah yeah, but if they don't die it doesn't matter.

  13. #53

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    In Italy the kids are carriers?
    I don’t think so in most cases, probably the parents passing it on to the grandparents whilst dropping kids off etc....the parents might well have had no symptoms showing....I’ll check when I speak to him next. Kids have always got some sniffles though

  14. #54

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Splott David warned us of this years ago when he told us of the plastic coffins in Atlanta. He is the prophet, the new David Icke

  15. #55

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Dad (91) was 10 hours on a trolley, later on a seat (having been taken into hospital with suspected stroke) before getting a bed late on a (normal) Friday night. Chances are someone will die in a corridor under those circumstances. And that's before CV really hits. NHS "well prepared"? On paper, maybe, but in reality the Demographic Time Bomb has already exploded.
    Germany has 28,000 intensive care beds, of which 25,000 offer ventilators. Apparently, the UK has approx 4,500. I hope your dad is OK.

  16. #56

    Re: Coronavirus update

    0.06416666666 of the worlds population are infected

  17. #57

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    0.06416666666 of the worlds population are infected
    That's 450 million. I don't think so..

  18. #58

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Germany has 28,000 intensive care beds, of which 25,000 offer ventilators. Apparently, the UK has approx 4,500. I hope your dad is OK.
    9 and a bit weeks in hospital during which he was on IV antibiotics for pneumonia although the underlying cause of his sudden drops in blood pressure appears to be neurological. All sorts of issues around rehabilitation, changing GPs, social services etc. Out of area, and in this case, country, is a real pain to sort out. Moral of the tale...don't fall ill abroad. In this case, England. Didn't visit him in his home today as they are discouraging outside visitors. His house in Cardiff sold STC today, to pay for his care, thus ending his living in Cardiff since 1933 and being in the same house for over 54 years. I will shortly be homeless on match days so it may not be worth renewing my ST. 2hrs plus driving each way on match days was fine 10 or 15 years ago but not so much fun in older age. Things will never be the same again. On a connected note, I've had to start cancelling events organised at schools due to CV. Luckily, dad never needed intensive care.

  19. #59

    Re: Coronavirus update

    I work in a large office block, with maybe 500 other people. Think of all the people linked to that group of 500 people. My daughter works in a large furniture store, her boyfriend works in a large supermarket. They meet/see thousands every day. The chances are, between the three of us, we MUST have met someone who has the virus, or someone who has contact with someone else who has it. It strikes me that you're more likely to have come into contact with the virus, than not.

  20. #60

    Re: Coronavirus update

    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    0.06416666666 of the worlds population are infected
    You should get on the blower to the Italian Government, tell them to stop causing a fuss over nothing, and the WHO who declared it a Pandemic today. Also let IanD know that there's no problem with his father, the NHS is coping fine, only 0.06416666666 of the worlds population are infected

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •