+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 350 of 350 FirstFirst ... 250300340341342343344345346347348349350
Results 8,726 to 8,745 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update - IS THE END IN SIGHT?

I've got it and it's orrible.
    Aching all over.

I'd hate to feel how bad it would be without the vaccines
    The number of new cases have nearly tripled in my area.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I've got it and it's orrible.
    Aching all over.

I'd hate to feel how bad it would be without the vaccines
    The number of new cases have nearly tripled in my area.

Well stay in you selfish barsteward.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    https://www.rfa.org/english/news/chi...022124457.html

its on other news outlets aswell

China sealing off area's of infection Shanghai
    Could it ever happen here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Could it ever happen here?
    You would hope the WHO (unelected )wouldn’t consider this in the UK

Re: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

The last Covid restrictions are to end in Wales today after 26 months.

The wearing of face masks will no longer be legally required in health and social care services from Monday 30 May.

It will be the first time there will be no Covid restrictions in Wales since the first lockdown in March 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

The wearing of face masks will no longer be legally required in health and social care services from Monday 30 May.

It will be the first time there will be no Covid restrictions in Wales since the first lockdown in March 2020.
    My mum was on about this on the phone, I found it funny as we had just been to the Millennium stadium to watch Ed and she is worried about face masks being ditched

I stopped wearing a mask when shopping about three weeks ago, but I think I’d still wear one on things like a packed train andI’ll probably still wear one for the doctor’s appointment I’ve got next week.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I stopped wearing a mask when shopping about three weeks ago, but I think I’d still wear one on things like a packed train andI’ll probably still wear one for the doctor’s appointment I’ve got next week.
    So you wear it to protect you from other people. But the purpose of them was to stop you unwittingly infecting others. Not the same thing.
    The other morning I was coming down western Ave from Eastern Ave just near Tesco and there was a man walking along the pavement wearing a mask. He was perhaps 40 odd years old.
    The thing was it was about 8:15 AM and there wasn't another pedestrian within 200 yds of him or anywhere on the street (I don't know what that is in metres, sorry!). Completely pointless!
    It just shows how stupid and ill informed people can be.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So you wear it to protect you from other people. But the purpose of them was to stop you unwittingly infecting others. Not the same thing.
    The other morning I was coming down western Ave from Eastern Ave just near Tesco and there was a man walking along the pavement wearing a mask. He was perhaps 40 odd years old.
    The thing was it was about 8:15 AM and there wasn't another pedestrian within 200 yds of him or anywhere on the street (I don't know what that is in metres, sorry!). Completely pointless!
    Yes, the narrative pushed was wearing a mask did nothing to protect the wearer but helped to protect the health of everyone else.

From what I see visiting shopping areas, maybe as few as 10% continue to wear one inside enclosed spaces and 90% of those are 70+.

No, I tend to do my shopping early in the mornings in supermarkets where, especially in these days where you can scan what you’re buying yourself, you barely come across anyone else when you’re in there - if I was going to the same branch of Tescos I tend to use at 6am at, say, 3pm, I think I’d probably wear a mask both for my protection and for others (it’s not the case that masks provide no protection for the wearer, but it is less than it does for those you come into contact with while wearing a mask).

As for what others wear, that for them to do what they feel most comfortable with. A month ago, I would have been wearing a mask wherever I was going, but I feel more confident now because the figures are a lot lower now than they were. However, if someone feels that they need to wear a mask even when there’s not anyone within 200 yards of them, that’s up to them, they’re not doing anyone any harm, whereas I’ll always believe that those, few, selfish people who insisted on not wearing masks in lockdowns in shops I visited were, potentially, harming themselves and others.

Perhaps he was cold, in this brisk wind it’s surprising how much a mask helps.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Perhaps he was cold, in this brisk wind it’s surprising how much a mask helps.
    Or wanted to avoid breathing in exhaust fumes/air pollution.

International

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Or wanted to avoid breathing in exhaust fumes/air pollution.
    It was a very quiet sunday morning and it wasn't cold. But some people will think of anything to not have to accept that wearing a mask like that is silly.

Maybe he'd forgotten to slip it down after leaving Tesco? I do that sometimes. Either way it caused you no harm so relax

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Maybe he'd forgotten to slip it down after leaving Tesco? I do that sometimes. Either way it caused you no harm so relax
    I'm perfectly relaxed I just see these things and wonder how with all the guidance etc that has been pushed out that some people still don't understand.Oh and btw he was going towards Tesco's, which as a matter of interest was closed anyway

I'm perfectly relaxed I just see these things and wonder how with all the guidance etc that has been pushed out that some people still don't understand.Oh and btw he was going towards Tesco's, which as a matter of interest was closed anyway
    maybe he was a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I would support the wearing of masks and compulsory hand washing for all visiting health settings as a standard procedure.

I am always shocked how free and easy it is for folk to just wander around hospitals interiors including wards without a challenge , surely this is putting vulnerable patients at risk ..

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    maybe he was a dentist
    lol whatever

It was a very quiet sunday morning and it wasn't cold. But some people will think of anything to not have to accept that wearing a mask like that is silly.
    Or he had a bit of a cold? I wouldn't ever go to Asia if I were you, those fools were wearing them even before covid was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Or he had a bit of a cold? I wouldn't ever go to Asia if I were you, those fools were wearing them even before covid was a thing.
    they were wearing them out of respect for others you dingo dongo...because they had a cold themselves