+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 350 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No, just arguing with experts on the internet is pointless and I can't be arsed going round in circles, I'm never going to agree with you and you're never going to agree with me, and neither of us give a shit if the other one does or not. Too concerned about Aaron Ramsey now anyway

https://www.football-italia.net/1510...as-coronavirus
    One of the Juve players has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    One of the Juve players has it.
    That's why I said that and linked to the story

That's why I said that and linked to the story
    I'm multi-tasking 😁

No, just arguing with experts on the internet is pointless and I can't be arsed going round in circles, I'm never going to agree with you and you're never going to agree with me, and neither of us give a shit if the other one does or not. Too concerned about Aaron Ramsey now anyway

https://www.football-italia.net/1510...as-coronavirus
    Fit lads, footballers Delmi, so I wouldn’t have thought too much concern about the individual. The massive problem though is who else has he been in contact with, must be mind boggling the questioning. Can’t imagine be asked to wrack your brains to recall everyone you’ve been in contact with over the last week or so, mind boggling.

I can't honestly in living memory remember a time when countries got quarantined, Serie A was completely stopped, US States declared states of emergency, Champions League matches were played behind closed doors and all the rest of it. And I remember bird flu, ebola and so on.

Like I said, I'm not panicking. I'm living completely normally and will continue to do so until told otherwise but the refusal by some people to acknowledge that the steps that are being taken internationally in reaction to this outbreak mark is out as something different and potentially more worrying really confuses me
    And what will our worry achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Or is it that Italians are more sociable than us? Not sure what the weather has been like in Italy lately, particularly the north, but the bloody rain we’ve had here for what seems like forever may be keeping people at home. We obviously mingle on public transport, shops & sporting events but there hasn’t been any decent evenings to get out and mix. Are we a bit less ‘touchy feely’ than Latin folk? I just picture Italian people out and about on decent mild evenings greeting each other warmly while we’re a sort of wave and ‘all right mate’. Traditional British stand offishness may have been a bit of an advantage this last month or two.
    Yes, that's a good point about the "touchy-feely" aspect. If we don't get a sudden exponential increase in cases soon, then it will be interesting to hear what the medical guys have to say about it. Not that I want to see an exponential increase, far from it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes, that's a good point about the "touchy-feely" aspect. If we don't get a sudden exponential increase in cases soon, then it will be interesting to hear what the medical guys have to say about it. Not that I want to see an exponential increase, far from it!
    I've read a lot about Britain being something like 13 days behind Italy. All countries are going to have had similar stats to Italy at some point, so I don't necessarily buy that Britain will turn into Italy with regard the virus. It might, but it's not the guarantee that some seem to be suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've read a lot about Britain being something like 13 days behind Italy. All countries are going to have had similar stats to Italy at some point, so I don't necessarily buy that Britain will turn into Italy with regard the virus. It might, but it's not the guarantee that some seem to be suggesting.
    I don't follow that logic about being 13 days behind Italy either. The countries bordering Italy have had nothing like the infections they have suffered and it's only this week the country has been on lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    I don't follow that logic about being 13 days behind Italy either. The countries bordering Italy have had nothing like the infections they have suffered and it's only this week the country has been on lockdown.
    Screenshot_2020-03-11-23-06-20-638_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Had an Asda home delivery earlier:

Did you have the email?
    Yes, the nuts I ordered are out of stock.
    I have never seen anything like this, we are running out of everything.
    People really are panic buying?
    Yeah, it's incredible. This past week or so has been busier than at any time over Christmas.

I think Italy will be seen as a slightly special case when all is said and done. A lot of Wuhans neighbouring provinces and China’s neighbours all had different responses and results,

I’m in Vitoria-Gasteiz, which is getting something like 30/40/50 new infections a day. We were up to 200 yesterday. Schools closed now. Limited gatherings.

The minister of health in Spain has said that worst case the epidemic will be gone by July.

I’m teaching in a private language school. We should probably shut for a few weeks but private enterprise are in it for the money. Staff health is secondary. We’ll only close when someone comes down with something.

I’ll be quitting after this thing is done.

What people are forgetting is over the last few months in the far away land of China we Europeans and the rest of the world thought hmmm sad but their problem. Too far away to affect us. Stop eating bats and whatever.
    Then reasons unbeknown Italy and Iran had the virus develop after China, took them by surprise and it spread, really spread. To the point of both countries medical services are now on the brink. In this time through well publicised media the other surrounding nations have had time to observe and make judgements however it is spreading. Yes we are weeks behind but it will catch up.
    Cobra meeting tomorrow to go into delay phase. Don’t panic but, get what you need supply wise and batten down the hatches.
    The videos I’ve seen from Italy and Iran (people on the ground videos) are bloody scary so I think let’s not be complacent about it.

Interesting read with some good graphs. It backdates the cases the authorities knew about at the time with the actual numbers, along with some other stuff. One big conclusion is

Countries that are prepared will see a fatality rate of ~0.5% (South Korea) to 0.9% (rest of China).
    Countries that are overwhelmed will have a fatality rate between ~3%-5%

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-f4d3d9cd99ca

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

10 UK deaths (earlier today), 2 of them overseas.

How many people have died in the UK from the ordinary Flu over the same time scale? I bet it's more than 10.

America bans all travel from Europe!

Coronavirus: Trump halts travel from Europe to US

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51846923

*UK not affected*

Will we follow suit and close our borders?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

*UK not affected*

Might aswell for a few weeks

*UK not affected*

Has Trump boosted EU tourism to the UK!!!! ?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Had an Asda home delivery earlier:

Did you have the email?
    Yes, the nuts I ordered are out of stock.
    I have never seen anything like this, we are running out of everything.
    People really are panic buying?
    Yeah, it's incredible. This past week or so has been busier than at any time over Christmas.
    I thought Asda only delivered to people with online accounts, not those who transacted exclusively in cash and gold doubloons.

*UK not affected*

9/3/20

The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    10 UK deaths (earlier today), 2 of them overseas.

How many people have died in the UK from the ordinary Flu over the same time scale? I bet it's more than 10.
    People love a drama, and the past two weeks the media, politicians, etc. have been acting like the big drama queens they are. Next they'll be painting red crosses on our doors and have bin men come road calling for the dead - then again they'll probably leave them in the gutter for being put in the wrong colour coffin..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    People love a drama, and the past two weeks the media, politicians, etc. have been acting like the big drama queens they are. Next they'll be painting red crosses on our doors and have bin men come road calling for the dead - then again they'll probably leave them in the gutter for being put in the wrong colour coffin..
    Italy locked down just because they're drama queens