+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 350 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Coronavirus: Trump halts travel from Europe to US

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51846923

*UK not affected*

Will we follow suit and close our borders?
    “With regard to flight bans we are always guided by the science as we make our decisions here. The advice we are getting is that there isn’t evidence that interventions like closing borders or travel bans are going to have a material effect on the spread of the infections,” Sunak told the Today programme on BBC Radio 4.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Italy locked down just because they're drama queens
    Yep countries helping to destroy their own economies just for a laugh, even Mr trump starting to despite the markets being something he clinged to.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Fit lads, footballers Delmi, so I wouldn’t have thought too much concern about the individual. The massive problem though is who else has he been in contact with, must be mind boggling the questioning. Can’t imagine be asked to wrack your brains to recall everyone you’ve been in contact with over the last week or so, mind boggling.
    I wasn't being entirely serious about Rambo

Funny how it is entirely predictable which posters would be saying it is a load of fuss over nothing, and less dangerous than normal flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Funny how it is entirely predictable which posters would be saying it is a load of fuss over nothing, and less dangerous than normal flu.
    And at no point allowing themselves to think, maybe if scientists and doctors in every country between and including the US to Japan seem to agree that this is bad, then perhaps it is. Multiple countries are taking the most extreme steps in our lifetimes, perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye.

No. No, I know better.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I thought Asda only delivered to people with online accounts, not those who transacted exclusively in cash and gold doubloons.
    Oh my, there's a crack in the story. After all this Organ is just like everybody else using his imaginary money card.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    And at no point allowing themselves to think, maybe if scientists and doctors in every country between and including the US to Japan seem to agree that this is bad, then perhaps it is. Multiple countries are taking the most extreme steps in our lifetimes, perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye.

No. No, I know better.
    I know, it's spellbinding to watch.

On another note, Tom Hanks has got it now so what's the point of anything anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Yep countries helping to destroy their own economies just for a laugh, even Mr trump starting to despite the markets being something he clinged to.
    Seems a bit odd to be honest.....I don’t know if people will buy it here, 8 old people died who had underlying conditions. Far more people die of other things everyday. We need to protect the old and keep the ****ers indoors, for starters driving without them clogging up the rd will be amazing....as will the supermarkets.

Meanwhile in the philippines panic has broken out and stores are limiting people to 3 bottles of booze each.
    At least they get their priorities right.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Seems a bit odd to be honest.....I don’t know if people will buy it here, 8 old people died who had underlying conditions. Far more people die of other things everyday. We need to protect the old and keep the ****ers indoors, for starters driving without them clogging up the rd will be amazing....as will the supermarkets.
    The point is to keep it low and not become hundreds or worse. There's a limited time available to do it before the horse has truly bolted.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Meanwhile in the philippines panic has broken out and stores are limiting people to 3 bottles of booze each.
    At least they get their priorities right.
    I've never understood why people stock up on stuff like toilet paper. If you're going to be quarantined for 2 weeks you might as well get some beers in

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Isn't it just;-
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51840227

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I can't believe people are still banging on about the "more people die of XXX every day", it's such a simplistic view and so so obvious that that's not the point:

It's not about the fatality rate, it's about the transmission rate. If you have flu (yes which kills a lot more) then you and everybody else knows pretty quickly that you have flu so you stay at home or people avoid you. With this, you can have it for 2 weeks, be in contact with hundreds of people before you have any idea, therefore it could spread through out the whole world relatively quickly, causing economic and social chaos. That's why extreme measures are being taken. Stop saying more people get killed by other stuff, it's not that that's the issue, no one ever said it was!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I can't believe people are still banging on about the "more people die of XXX every day", it's such a simplistic view and so so obvious that that's not the point:

It's not about the fatality rate, it's about the transmission rate. If you have flu (yes which kills a lot more) then you and everybody else knows pretty quickly that you have flu so you stay at home or people avoid you. With this, you can have it for 2 weeks, be in contact with hundreds of people before you have any idea, therefore it could spread through out the whole world relatively quickly, causing economic and social chaos. That's why extreme measures are being taken. Stop saying more people get killed by other stuff, it's not that that's the issue, no one ever said it was!

That’s the massive thing with it, can you remember everyone you’ve been in contact with recently? On the bus, in the pub, down the City, in the supermarket. It’s worryingly impossible, even if you decided to self isolate now it could quite easily be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s the massive thing with it, can you remember everyone you’ve been in contact with recently? On the bus, in the pub, down the City, in the supermarket. It’s worryingly impossible, even if you decided to self isolate now it could quite easily be too late.
    Yeah and if 50% of those people I'd been in contact with got ill, and all of those recovered fully (which is perfectly likely) it's still a huge knock on effect being that each one would also have come into contact with hundreds of people. The drastic measures being taken make perfect sense, it's completely logical to try and shut it down through any means. But Mr Anonymous all over the internet keeps insisting YEAH BUT BIRD FLU YEAH BUT SARS like the entire world apart from them is clueless

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've never understood why people stock up on stuff like toilet paper. If you're going to be quarantined for 2 weeks you might as well get some beers in
    I did this yesterday. A fine selection of beers and wines, some frozen pizza and crisps.
    Gotta get in there before the anarchy starts.

Can you imagine if the the U.S. government tried to impose the same restrictions as the Italian government has done! Every redneck reincarnated Minute Man would be reaching for his automatic rifle, get in his 5 litre Dodge pickup and go "wherever the hell he wants". It will be interesting to see how the virus spreads across the U.S. Trump is obviously looking out for a scapegoat he can blame when things start to get out of hand, hence the ban on flights from the EU. I can't quite make out why flights from the UK are acceptable to him - diplomacy perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Can you imagine if the the U.S. government tried to impose the same restrictions as the Italian government has done! Every redneck reincarnated Minute Man would be reaching for his automatic rifle, get in his 5 litre Dodge pickup and go "wherever the hell he wants". It will be interesting to see how the virus spreads across the U.S. Trump is obviously looking out for a scapegoat he can blame when things start to get out of hand, hence the ban on flights from the EU. I can't quite make out why flights from the UK are acceptable to him - diplomacy perhaps?
    There's definitely a political element to the ban of flights and the saying Europe hasn't done enough to combat it. Trump only works when he's got someone to attack and blame to cover his own shortcomings

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Reckon the Chinese might be a suitable scapegoat as they started the whole thing off and covered it up for as long as possible.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ah, yes, we'll be back to Brexit and the 17 million of us who were duped next.

Probably doesn't apply to you because I think from what you said some time back, you used to work in the Patent office/ONS [???] - forgive me if I'm wrong - but as it stands the FTSE has lost 30% in the last 4 weeks. If people with personal pensions were buying annuities today they could have lost 30% of their pension fund. Why ? because everyone runs around making a huge drama, coming across all serious like they're Churchill in 1940, when the reality is 6 people have died in the UK in the past month - all from other complications.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

Probably doesn't apply to you because I think from what you said some time back, you used to work in the Patent office/ONS [???] - forgive me if I'm wrong - but as it stands the FTSE has lost 30% in the last 4 weeks. If people with personal pensions were buying annuities today they could have lost 30% of their pension fund. Why ? because everyone runs around making a huge drama, coming across all serious like they're Churchill in 1940, when the reality is 6 people have died in the UK in the past month - all from other complications.
    There's a reason I have not posted much on this subject on here and it's that, unlike quite a few contributors on here it seems, I accept that we're in a very fluid situation with a new virus that everyone, including the experts, are learning about on the hoof so to speak - in such circumstances, I don't feel I can contribute anything that qualifies as worthwhile.
    Actually, although every time I hear the Government going on about washing your hands, I cannot help thinking of early episodes of Dad's Army which included Pathe News type pieces featuring shots of the likes of Corporal Jones and Private Godfrey ready to fight off Hitler's evil hordes with a pitchfork and a broom handle, I think this isn't a party political matter and feel that the Government is on a hiding to nothing with corona virus.
    However, there is someone on the other side of the Atlantic who is out to politicise this for his own ends and it appears he has a few little helpers on here. I don't include you in that, I'm talking about the ones who accuse those who don't share their views of being useful idiots, gullible consumers of the MSM agenda etc. etc. while at the same time faithfully recycling what their favourite alt right site is telling them.

You're really doubling down on this

Does your drama queen theory apply to trump? Because willfully damaging the stock market is about the last thing he'd do.

when the reality is 6 people have died in the UK in the past month - all from other complications.
    It's not about the death ra...oh forget it, it's like teaching algebra to a goldfish