+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 350 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Good God no, look at Wales we have an old population exacubated by immigrants from England who tend to be old and a drain on our Welsh NHS and our services, we don't get compensated by the English NHS for taking their oldies, the Barnet formula is not fit for purpose.
    Agree the Barnett formula isn't fit for purpose, Scotland get far more than should, England far less on a per head from last info I saw a few years ago.

Blaming the English? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Agree the Barnett formula isn't fit for purpose, Scotland get far more than should, England far less on a per head from last info I saw a few years ago.

I can only remember one incident where England didn't get its way and that was when they wanted us to go to war again in Iraq, the Celts for once had the numbers to just about vote them down but normally due to weight of numbers what England wants England gets, the union state is failing us and they are not for turning, Germanic queen, right wing policies, state religion in England, unelected political chamber etc etc.
    What have we got by been lumped in with them ? - zero hour contracts, minimum wage jobs, austerity blah blah blah.

Without getting unduly personal, I think it fair to say that anti-English sentiment is a very common theme from trampie.

I've no issue with the English Taunton, I've told you before but I call a spade a spade, l like Frank Lampard, Cherie Lunghie and Yokshire pudding you can't say fairer than that butt.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I've no issue with the English Taunton, I've told you before but I call a spade a spade, l like Frank Lampard, Cherie Lunghie and Yokshire pudding you can't say fairer than that butt.
    All on the same plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We will see the same splits between advisors and government soon I think. Politicians have been using their medical and scientific advisors as cover for poor decision making.
    Indeed. Professor Helen Ward from Imperial College very forthright on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    We will see the same splits between advisors and government soon I think. Politicians have been using their medical and scientific advisors as cover for poor decision making.

Would be interested to hear from Wales Bales as in the politics forum thread he was unequivocally against an earlier shut down and frequently using statements from Fauci to explain why.
    I seen a programme of experts the other day and they seemed to be saying the UK Government have the wrong kind of advisors, they have been using modellers or summit and not medical experts on the ground.

Just to say that for those who were unaware of this news, you should expect the deaths figure today to be above the thousand mark for the first time and, probably, well over it. I say that because figures issued by the ONS an hour or so ago show a total of 406 additional deaths consisting of 217 in care homes (ten times the previous figure), 33 in hospices, 136 in private homes, 3 in other communal homes and 17 elsewhere and this is only up to 3 April. When you add in the bump often seen after lower weekend figures, a number anything like the ones seen in the last couple of days (below 800) would be incredible.

Don't know what the fuss is about. It's just like seasonal flu like they said!

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/stat...07002165755905

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just to say that for those who were unaware of this news, you should expect the deaths figure today to be above the thousand mark for the first time and, probably, well over it. I say that because figures issued by the ONS an hour or so ago show a total of 406 additional deaths consisting of 217 in care homes (ten times the previous figure), 33 in hospices, 136 in private homes, 3 in other communal homes and 17 elsewhere and this is only up to 3 April. When you add in the bump often seen after lower weekend figures, a number anything like the ones seen in the last couple of days (below 800) would be incredible.
    Understand what you mean but the ONS figures are published weekly and are completely seperate from the Hospital daily figures issed by the government. These are used to keep in line with other countries reporting the same, but also because they are readily availabe, the ONS figures take time to collate. What we need to look at is todays figure, then see the difference.
    I think the spike won't show until tomorrow because the figures today will only be up to 5 PM yeaterday when the holiday was still affecting reporting. The adjusting will be the figures reported tomorrow which are up to 5 PM yesterday.
    But then you have to add up all the new figures from Friday to today and devide by 4 to get the daily mean. It will probably still be higher

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Understand what you mean but the ONS figures are published weekly and are completely seperate from the Hospital daily figures issed by the government. These are used to keep in line with other countries reporting the same, but also because they are readily availabe, the ONS figures take time to collate. What we need to look at is todays figure, then see the difference.
    I think the spike won't show until tomorrow because the figures today will only be up to 5 PM yeaterday when the holiday was still affecting reporting. The adjusting will be the figures reported tomorrow which are up to 5 PM yesterday.
    But then you have to add up all the new figures from Friday to today and devide by 4 to get the daily mean. It will probably still be higher
    There are graphs showing a rolling 7 day average here

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

Not sure if the UK curve is just based on hospital deaths though

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yes, on reflection you may well be right - I seem to remember Wednesday's as the worst day normally now. I think in the past they have just added all of the additional figures on to one day, but I might be wrong in believing that.

Yes, on reflection you may well be right - I seem to remember Wednesday's as the worst day normally now. I think in the past they have just added all of the additional figures on to one day, but I might be wrong in believing that.
    xsnaggle was right. 772 deaths announced just now, so we will probably see a big increase on that tomorrow. New cases recorded was 5,362 which is slightly above recent days, but means that, apart from Saturday's figure which was boosted by a one off 3,000 plus extra cases of positive swab tests on key workers, they have been holding pretty steady for over a week.

David Squires on … 24 random nice things from football:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-from-football

International

One thing that needs to be sorted out while we are on lock-down is these on-line gambling leeches who are still trying to suck money out of the vulnerable who are almost certainly even more vulnerable that normal.

There was an advert on TV yesterday from one of these arsehole companies announcing a new game, "Rainbow Rewards" or rainbow something. If that is not a direct attempt to link it to something good, with the rainbows in peoples windows just now, then I don't know what is.
    I think they should all be closed down and their profits and assets seized to be given to the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    David Squires on … 24 random nice things from football:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-from-football

People are dying in Ireland at half the rate they are over here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-ireland-delay

People are dying in Ireland at half the rate they are over here.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-ireland-delay
    I saw an article the other day saying that a couple of the differences between Ireland and the UK is that we have a much greater population density here than them (so does Italy) and the average age of the population is lower in Ireland (Italy has I think a higher average age than both of us).

It said, I think, that both these factors may contribute to a higher infection and death rate

I'll try and find it again but I have read so many articles in recent weeks that I am not sure where to start.

I would guess though that there will be many such articles in the future as the scientists and mathematicians study the figures in greater depth

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I saw an article the other day saying that a couple of the differences between Ireland and the UK is that we have a much greater population density here than them (so does Italy) and the average age of the population is lower in Ireland (Italy has I think a higher average age than both of us).

It said, I think, that both these factors may contribute to a higher infection and death rate

I'll try and find it again but I have read so many articles in recent weeks that I am not sure where to start.

I would guess though that there will be many such articles in the future as the scientists and mathematicians study the figures in greater depth
    Should they have such a huge affect on the overall numbers? Surely their response being more clear than ours is what has done it? They "locked down" after us but they closed pubs, schools, promoted social distancing etc earlier, that is apparently the main way of slowing it down and lowering its effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Indeed. Professor Helen Ward from Imperial College very forthright on this topic.
    Prof Helen Ward has a very interesting twitter account. Hint; hates Tories.

I wonder why she's forthright.

She definitely does but that will become the smear for any scientist whose analysis points the finger at the government.

I imagine any scientist with a knowledge of how this should have been handled will criticise the Government's slow response.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I imagine any scientist with a knowledge of how this should have been handled will criticise the Government's slow response.
    Her Tory hatred stems from well before this. I can see why her and Labour party member John Ashton are oft quoted.

Her Tory hatred stems from well before this. I can see why her and Labour party member John Ashton are oft quoted.
    Of coure she hates the tories she's well educated in a scientific field

International

Another example of The Welsh government running things for themselves. so much mire efficient.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52283236