+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 350 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

I keep telling you the same thing but it never sinks in because you're desperate to believe the hype is justified. Less than 5,000 dead due to a supposedly highly contagious virus which has been in the wild for over three months is a fraction of those who have conked out from seasonal flu strains in the same time frame. That's more simple perspective you don't want to read.

The danger's to your wealth, not your health.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    But only 8 people have died in the UK blah blah blah

Over a thousand have died so far in Italy. Isn't that a good reason to take it seriously? Because once the death rate goes up, it seems too late to stop it without very extreme measures.
    How did the virus get into Italy, and why is the situation there so much worse compared to the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I keep telling you the same thing but it never sinks in because you're desperate to believe the hype is justified. Less than 5,000 dead due to a supposedly highly contagious virus which has been in the wild for over three months is a fraction of those who have conked out from seasonal flu strains in the same time frame. That's more simple perspective you don't want to read.

The danger is to anyone over 70 or with an underlying illness because the mortality rate jumps to 15% or 20% if you’re over 80.

The danger is the health service getting overwhelmed just like in Italy and people who would usually be saved dying because of lack of beds, doctors or equipment.

You can try and be a smart arse all you want but this has already happened in Italy, Iran and China.

It’s more deadly than flu and it’s much more contagious. You’re trying to sound smart but I was saying the same stuff 2 months ago before getting the facts and realising how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The danger is to anyone over 70 or with an underlying illness because the mortality rate jumps to 15% or 20% if you’re over 80.

The danger is the health service getting overwhelmed just like in Italy and people who would usually be saved dying because of lack of beds, doctors or equipment.

You can try and be a smart arse all you want but this has already happened in Italy, Iran and China.

It’s more deadly than flu and it’s much more contagious. You’re trying to sound smart but I was saying the same stuff 2 months ago before getting the facts and realising how bad it is.
    It can also be clearly seen in this link that the death rate (not total) is rising every day. Not that the death rate is the be all and end all, but that's what some are concentrating on.

But if it's rising quickly, then talking about the total so far is missing the point by miles.

https://www.worldometers.info/corona...us-death-toll/

Close things down for a couple of weeks. Done and dusted.

It’s inevitable anyway.

The weather can have similar effects . If you live in Spain or Italy, a lot of places pretty much close down completely for summer.

As for the economic effects, I think most of us would prefer to still have our parents and grandparents round than have a forever buoyant stock market.

It’s ****in ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Close things down for a couple of weeks. Done and dusted.

It’s inevitable anyway.

The weather can have similar effects . If you live in Spain or Italy, a lot of places pretty much close down completely for summer.

As for the economic effects, I think most of us would prefer to still have our parents and grandparents round than have a forever buoyant stock market.

It’s ****in ludicrous.
    That's how a lot of people will be thinking.

The country is going its own path on this and time will tell if it was correct.

I saw some care homes have decided to ban all visitors, I get why but I wonder what health effects such isolation has on people also.

What? Smart for not being a nodding donkey? I didn't make up the number of fatalities. They include those in China with its 1.4 billion population. An allegedly deadly virus that's less so than everyday flu.

Knock the TV off and engage your noodle. Think for yourself instead of parroting the guff you're being force-fed.

What? Smart for not being a nodding donkey? I didn't make up the number of fatalities. They include those in China with its 1.4 billion population. An allegedly deadly virus that's less so than everyday flu.

Knock the TV off and engage your noodle. Think for yourself instead of parroting the guff you're being force-fed.
    Never mind the response of many countries around the world, local galaxy-brain organ Morgan has told us there's nothing to worry about. Healthcare systems in several countries have been stretched beyond capacity, with terrible effects, and if you look at the trajectory of cases in a whole raft of other countries that could be about to be repeated in several other countries including our own. But no, "iTs lEsS dEadLy tHan nORmAl fLu"

Amazing that the WRU is still going ahead with the rugby tomorrow. 150,000 people in Cardiff using transport either going to the match or in the pubs. Absolute lunacy and no regard for the public what so ever.

Scary item on Radio 4's Today programme this morning. Something I hadn't considered about regarding the situation in the USA. Apparently there are approx 27 million folk in the USA who have no medical insurance. When they become ill they do not go to the doctor because being poor to start with, they cannot afford to do so. Likewise they cannot afford not to go to work, so will carry on even if they feel ill. On top of that there are an unknown number of illegal immigrants who won't go to a doctor/hospital for fear of being found out and deported. Wow, a potential time bomb if ever there was one. Who can Trump blame for this - presumably the illegal immigrants would be very handy scapegoats!

There's a coronavirus thread on the politics forum. Most people probably haven't seen it.

In it, organ has about half a dozen theories of what's really going on, each one quickly dropped as they're overtaken by facts. My favourite was that it only kills East Asian people due to their biological defects.

But he's proud of being an independent thinker, and it's good entertainment at a depressing time, so I'm all for it. Carry on as you are, organ.

I honestly thought the same as you 2 months ago when my meetings in China were cancelled. You need to look past the current fatality numbers and concentrate on death rate over a certain age, non direct deaths and contamination rate.

It's very dangerous and while people don't need to panic buy bog roll we do need to proceed with caution.

I've engaged my noodle. The company I work for has spent millions for us to work from home for the forseable future, my mrs' company have had to do the same despite being a tiny start up. These aren't the reactions to something that isn't dangerous.

There's a coronavirus thread on the politics forum. Most people probably haven't seen it.

In it, organ has about half a dozen theories of what's really going on, each one quickly dropped as they're overtaken by facts. My favourite was that it only kills East Asian people due to their biological defects.

But he's proud of being an independent thinker, and it's good entertainment at a depressing time, so I'm all for it. Carry on as you are, organ.
    Jesus seriously? He's not worth engaging in that case.

Jesus seriously? He's not worth engaging in that case.
    Yes, seriously.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5047267

"The coronavirus, apparently, attacks what's called ACE-2 lung receptors. They are most prevalent in east Asian males and especially Chinese males. It explains why - once again - nil non Asians have died as Caucasians, etc, have far fewer so can easily survive infection."

You cannot be real here?

Why does everything always have to be a conspiracy? Can't you ever accept that something bad is happening that isn't in anyone's control? Are you that afraid?

Yes, seriously.

"The coronavirus, apparently, attacks what's called ACE-2 lung receptors. They are most prevalent in east Asian males and especially Chinese males. It explains why - once again - nil non Asians have died as Caucasians, etc, have far fewer so can easily survive infection."
    No a nodding donkey just believe everything he reads on the internet

Double post

You say stuff like this like you're some sort of genius above all the sheep. No one's just concerned about the virus because of their health. Everybody is a mix of concerned about their health, their loved ones health and their financial situation because of what will happen to their savings/business/job/pension.

When you say that, you're not saying anything we don't all know, it's just that you're saying it served with a load of all other superior sounding bollocks which just comes off as embarrassing to read everybody apart from you

Everton first team in isolation now after a first team player test positive for CV.

Yes, seriously.

Oh my God I've just read that, Organ Morgan REALLY tones it down on the main board doesn't he

One of my favourites of his from that thread:

My hypothesis is it's a mild form of flu released by the ChiComs that's not life threatening to anyone other than east Asians and is less of a risk to east Asians themselves than the flu umpteen thousands die of every year when bronchitis or pneumonia set in. Put another way, it's tons of hype with very little substance to those who choose to look beyond the hype, which you and others appear incapable of. If you care to view footage from China their citizens' body temperature is checked whenever they take to the streets by people using a handheld device.

It's widely accepted that during Chairman Mao's tenure their utterly ruthless Communist Party deliberately killed around 60 million Chinese citizens, mostly by starvation. And China is far more overpopulated today than then.

He's a nut who thinks he's a genius, seems quite common on this board. No amount of genuine eveidence will ever convince people like that of anything other than their warped weird views. It's not even worth discussing anything with them.

The smugness in this despite being so wrong is absolutely mad.

I work for a Chinese company, I've seen how this is affecting people first hand, I don't get my news from tv. You are sat in a bedroom in south wales saying the same untruth every uneducated person is saying and being smug about it thinking it makes you look smart.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Oh my God I've just read that, Organ Morgan REALLY tones it down on the main board doesn't he
    Yeah, he and a few others really go to town on that forum. I've asked organ why he doesn't do it on the main board (it might be in that thread actually) and he says it's out of respect for mike Morris to only talk football on this one

He is a proper nut, made his mind up in the early days of corona virus by the look of it and now is too stubborn to change his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Everton first team in isolation now after a first team player test positive for CV.
    You'd imagine it would spread quickly through a football squad. I certainly don't get as close to my work colleagues as they do.