+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 350 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes, seriously.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...=1#post5047267

"The coronavirus, apparently, attacks what's called ACE-2 lung receptors. They are most prevalent in east Asian males and especially Chinese males. It explains why - once again - nil non Asians have died as Caucasians, etc, have far fewer so can easily survive infection."
    Have been reading this thread and could feel myself getting stupider from it.

It is crazy how the conspiracy theorist of the board are so sure of themselves being right and everyone else being stupid. It's always the same on every messageboard too. I never know if it's a way of people who's never achieved anything to make themselves feel better or a way of people who are afraid of anything outside of a governments control to rationalize things to make themselves feel better but it's pretty sad either way.

The way they talk about themselves you would think Life on Mars, Organ Morgan and Wales Bales were the world's last great thinkers rather than being 3 lads who spend all day on their PCs copying things they've read from other messagebaords.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

It is crazy how the conspiracy theorist of the board are so sure of themselves being right and everyone else being stupid. It's always the same on every messageboard too. I never know if it's a way of people who's never achieved anything to make themselves feel better or a way of people who are afraid of anything outside of a governments control to rationalize things to make themselves feel better but it's pretty sad either way.

The way they talk about themselves you would think Life on Mars, Organ Morgan and Wales Bales were the world's last great thinkers rather than being 3 lads who spend all day on their PCs copying things they've read from other messagebaords.
    What gets me is they think they are experts on every subject. Why can people never accept they don't know everything and won't always be right.

There's a chance this doesn't get any worse but all numbers predicted by experts so far appear to be coming true.

The main problem is humans struggle to understand exponential growth. Just because cases are low and deaths are low now doesn't mean that's how it'll stay.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

That's not fair.

They reference youtube videos made by guys from THEIR bedrooms as well

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The smugness in this despite being so wrong is absolutely mad.

I work for a Chinese company, I've seen how this is affecting people first hand, I don't get my news from tv. You are sat in a bedroom in south wales saying the same untruth every uneducated person is saying and being smug about it thinking it makes you look smart.
    Are the 3 main cities in China still in lockdown? Obv Wuhan will be but what about the others?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Are the 3 main cities in China still in lockdown? Obv Wuhan will be but what about the others?
    Notto my knowledge, Biejing isn't at least.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It was only ever hubei province in complete lockdown, which has a population of about 55 million

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It was only ever hubei province in complete lockdown, which has a population of about 55 million
    Only about the size of the UK then

13 more confirmed cases in Wales, yet the EGG is still going ahead !!!!!

Selfish, thoughtless barstewards

May have been posted but Joe rogan had an infectious disease expert on his podcast recently. Interesting listen, this is just a clip of it so might be worth finding the full episode also.

https://youtu.be/cZFhjMQrVts

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

That's a quality account, did you see the one where he joined a what's app group and accused someone of sending him pictures in very tight underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's a quality account, did you see the one where he joined a what's app group and accused someone of sending him pictures in very tight underwear?
    Yeah it's amazing, the one where he and his gran were doing a fun run was hilarious as well

Yeah it's amazing, the one where he and his gran were doing a fun run was hilarious as well
    His recent one trying to buy that woman's blue bucket was so good too

Thanks for bringing that account to my attention. The bucket one is fantastic.

And the neighbourhood watch one

City player and 1 staff in isolation
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-neil-harris-coronavirus-17922850

after self isolating this week my lad is now on the mend apart from the coughing but interesting to see the rich , famous ,football and pop stars having tests done immediately this week . no ringing 111 for them it seems and being told they dont fall into 1 of the 10,000 that is estimated to be infected

looks like a 2 tier system to me

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You'd imagine it would spread quickly through a football squad. I certainly don't get as close to my work colleagues as they do.
    Sensible precautions will help. All that hugging and pile ons would quickly spread the virus.

Govt policy is falling apart. Just been into Cheltenham to pick up Mrs P. Town is absolutely heaving. Great atmosphere etc but by God it’s a breeding ground for this virus. It’s ok for 60,000 to go to the racecourse today but if Cheltenham Town were playing at home tomorrow in front of 3,000 the game would be cancelled.

It’s not safe to attend a football match in the fresh air but it’s fine to go to a pub, cinema, theatre or restaurant. This is an absolute shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Govt policy is falling apart. Just been into Cheltenham to pick up Mrs P. Town is absolutely heaving. Great atmosphere etc but by God it’s a breeding ground for this virus. It’s ok for 60,000 to go to the racecourse today but if Cheltenham Town were playing at home tomorrow in front of 3,000 the game would be cancelled.

It’s not safe to attend a football match in the fresh air but it’s fine to go to a pub, cinema, theatre or restaurant. This is an absolute shambles.
    Don't think it's the government advising on sporting events. I think it's those organisations themselves doing it. Because the government have washed their hands (no pun intended) of trying to contain it (as it seems at the moment), there's lots of confusion and conflicting actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Don't think it's the government advising on sporting events. I think it's those organisations themselves doing it. Because the government have washed their hands (no pun intended) of trying to contain it (as it seems at the moment), there's lots of confusion and conflicting actions.
    Therein lies the huge problem. Different organisations going in different routes is going to be counter productive. It’s up to our Government to lead. They are not doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    May have been posted but Joe rogan had an infectious disease expert on his podcast recently. Interesting listen, this is just a clip of it so might be worth finding the full episode also.

https://youtu.be/cZFhjMQrVts
    Globalisation needs to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Therein lies the huge problem. Different organisations going in different routes is going to be counter productive. It’s up to our Government to lead. They are not doing so.
    Far be it from me to defend a Tory Prime Minister, but the fact of the matter is that Boris and Co issued their guidance yesterday and the likes of the Premier League and the EFL decided to ignore it today. The government can’t make the leagues play football if they don’t wish to do so.