+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 97 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 8745

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I may be wrong but I think it may be that these jobs will be work from home and you will need to have some specific computer prog available at home ( sorry not much of an IT expert.)
    Agree, probably so, but a lot of younger folk have this and the savvy to download and use the app. I know my boy could do it and he is 19 and waiting to go back to college. He'd love to do it, just ot be part of something and it will look good later on his CV.
    But like so many of these things they never mention in the reports where you should apply

Taken from the Guardian's rolling coverage just now;-

"Welsh government publishes traffic light system for easing lockdown with 'stay home' in place for another two weeks
    Steven Morris

The Welsh government has published its roadmap out of lockdown (pdf), which includes a red, amber and green traffic light system spelling out how restrictions may be lifted.

The first minister Mark Drakeford said the roadmap was part of “a cautious, coherent approach” to easing lockdown, and that for the next two weeks at least its “stay home” message - stricter than England - would remain in place.

He said:

We, like countries across the world, are able to think about how we can move out of the lockdown. But it is essential as we do so that we recognise this is not a short-term crisis. Until there is a vaccine or effective treatments, we will have to live with the disease in our society and try to control its spread and mitigate its effects.

Drakeford said Wales strongly supported a four-nation approach to the lifting of the lockdown but said this had to respect the responsibilities of each government to determine the speed at which it is safe to move.

He added:

For the next two weeks, at least, I urge everyone in Wales to stick to the advice: ‘Stay home, protect our NHS and save lives’.

The traffic light categories take in a wide number of areas of life and activities, including schools, seeing family and friends, getting around, playing sport, work, shopping and practising faith.

The government says Wales may well be on “red” for one type of activity, “amber” for another and still in lockdown for a third.

Under “seeing family and friends”, for example, Wales is still in complete lockdown. The next phase – red – would be seeing one person from outside your household to provide or receive care or support whilst maintaining appropriate physical distancing.

But Wales is already in the red phase for working or running a business – some construction sites are able to re-open under safe working practices. The amber phase for work includes trialling some personal services with appointments, such as hairdressers."

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    On test accuracy my wife said the testers were really thorough and it really was pleasant at all. She was even given one of those sick cartons as they go so deep down the throat to get a swab.

She really doubts everyone doing a home test will do it properly.
    It probably depends on what the home test is, the one I think you are talking about even the 'professionals' got it wrong on occasion, I know of somebody that was bad and they had a negative test but the 'professionals' admitted they did not do it right when the person got even more ill as the person did not gag during the test, so that particular test would be difficult to do accurately at home but wasn't that the test that was only 70% accurate anyway ?, perhaps that is why, who knows.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    If somebody had a persistent cough and high temperature in the climate as it was a few weeks back then a doc might assume that person has it and that assumption according to what seemed to be a 'real' expert on the box at the time was likely to be 90% accurate yet the test we had was only 70% accurate at the time.
    If the doc thought it was CV what would he say ?, self isolate (and as a consequence in some cases possibly give it to your family).

Perhaps that is why we were not testing/reluctant to test as just talking to someone was more accurate than our limited science, different in China as when they got their act together they were apparently doing real proper testing and acting on the result in a few hours and proper isolating, real isolating not stay in the house with your family job but taking the person away to a medical facility.
    The doc didn't see us at all the first time. My partner had a cough and we followed Government advice to self isolate.

The second time the doc didn't see us. My partner called up with a sore throat, was asked if there was coughing (there was, caused by an irritated throat) and was told to self isolate again. The only reason my partner was tested was because they work in a care home.

So, first time was self diagnosis. Second time was clearly precautionary. In neither case were we sure it was covid. In neither case did I get ill.

You keep saying that the test is only "70%" accurate. What is that based on?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Taken from the Guardian's rolling coverage just now;-

"Welsh government publishes traffic light system for easing lockdown with 'stay home' in place for another two weeks
    Steven Morris

The Welsh government has published its roadmap out of lockdown (pdf), which includes a red, amber and green traffic light system spelling out how restrictions may be lifted.

The first minister Mark Drakeford said the roadmap was part of “a cautious, coherent approach” to easing lockdown, and that for the next two weeks at least its “stay home” message - stricter than England - would remain in place.

He said:

We, like countries across the world, are able to think about how we can move out of the lockdown. But it is essential as we do so that we recognise this is not a short-term crisis. Until there is a vaccine or effective treatments, we will have to live with the disease in our society and try to control its spread and mitigate its effects.

Drakeford said Wales strongly supported a four-nation approach to the lifting of the lockdown but said this had to respect the responsibilities of each government to determine the speed at which it is safe to move.

He added:

For the next two weeks, at least, I urge everyone in Wales to stick to the advice: ‘Stay home, protect our NHS and save lives’.

The traffic light categories take in a wide number of areas of life and activities, including schools, seeing family and friends, getting around, playing sport, work, shopping and practising faith.

The government says Wales may well be on “red” for one type of activity, “amber” for another and still in lockdown for a third.

Under “seeing family and friends”, for example, Wales is still in complete lockdown. The next phase – red – would be seeing one person from outside your household to provide or receive care or support whilst maintaining appropriate physical distancing.

But Wales is already in the red phase for working or running a business – some construction sites are able to re-open under safe working practices. The amber phase for work includes trialling some personal services with appointments, such as hairdressers."
    Much of the public appear to be following the rules that best suit them - i.e. Johnson's.

Today I have seen a house with 8 people in the front yard. The house is lived in by an elderly couple, so they have 6 people visiting.

The Barry Island live webcam sees a dozen people outside O'Shea's fish and chip shop on the promenade. The fish shop has changed its message from "stay home" to "Welcome to O'Sheas". Barry Island has been dead of late, it is definitely busier than this time last week (with similar weather).

The Stay at Home message that the Welsh Government are churning out is rendered invalid when trips to garden centres are allowable. It's also been rendered invalid by Johnson's completely incomprehensible message, a message that required a 50 page document to clear up!

This wave isn't even finished, hopefully we will avoid a second wave but today it looks like an increasing number of people are becoming more blase about social distancing.

International

"Normal life not possible for many months, maybe years" Mark Drakeford.

Pubs last thing to open. Why am I not surprised?

The people who think anything that is enjoyable is wrong must be so happy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

When should pubs re-open?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The doc didn't see us at all the first time. My partner had a cough and we followed Government advice to self isolate.

The second time the doc didn't see us. My partner called up with a sore throat, was asked if there was coughing (there was, caused by an irritated throat) and was told to self isolate again. The only reason my partner was tested was because they work in a care home.

So, first time was self diagnosis. Second time was clearly precautionary. In neither case were we sure it was covid. In neither case did I get ill.

You keep saying that the test is only "70%" accurate. What is that based on?
    The percentage is what I had read and heard on a few occasions, your case sounds like an hairy fairy case as in problematic, what should you do and then in turn what should the professionals do ?, sounds like you and they both did things right with what resources and information was at your and their disposal.

If somebody was 'bad' and I mean 'bad' with all the classic symptoms then the assumption that they have it would be reasonable enough but we have no way of treating it, no plan, nothing, other countries do, although there is no cure at this point, I have heard we just say stay at home and phone for help if it reaches the point of struggling to breathe.

International

When should pubs re-open?
    I don't know but I truly believe that if he keeps them locked down longer than other things there will be a backlash.
    And of course is he going to continue to support the wages of all the people who own and work in the leisure industry? I don't think so.
    The whole "road map" that people have been waiting for was a non-event, no dates not even any hoped-for time scales, nothing for people to grasp, to hold on to, to look forward to.

I believe it is true that some people of certain religious and sometimes political persuasions are anti drink and anti - pub and regrettably they sometimes have a disproportionate influence on things.

Do you think people don’t want pubs to reopen?

Or do you think they’re last to open, as are gyms and restaurants, because they are the areas where the worst spread happens?

I believe it is true that some people of certain religious and sometimes political persuasions are anti drink and anti - pub and regrettably they sometimes have a disproportionate influence on things.
    What people are these?

Banned

The percentage is what I had read and heard on a few occasions, your case sounds like an hairy fairy case as in problematic, what should you do and then in turn what should the professionals do ?, sounds like you and they both did things right with what resources and information was at your and their disposal.

If somebody was 'bad' and I mean 'bad' with all the classic symptoms then the assumption that they have it would be reasonable enough but we have no way of treating it, no plan, nothing, other countries do, although there is no cure at this point, I have heard we just say stay at home and phone for help if it reaches the point of struggling to breathe.

The issue is that, over a 5 week period, I would have been self isolating for 4 weeks. Luckily, the second time my partner was tested because of their job in the care industry and we self isolated for 5 full days.

The 70% accuracy line you have come out with a couple of times really needs citation. I, too, have read it in a number of places - but each time without any sources.

Banned

I don't know but I truly believe that if he keeps them locked down longer than other things there will be a backlash.
    And of course is he going to continue to support the wages of all the people who own and work in the leisure industry? I don't think so.
    The whole "road map" that people have been waiting for was a non-event, no dates not even any hoped-for time scales, nothing for people to grasp, to hold on to, to look forward to.

Gyms will also be the last thing to open. Why are pubs opening later causing you more angst than gyms? Are these religious people you speak of (yet don't name actual groups) also anti-exercise?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you think people don’t want pubs to reopen?

Or do you think they’re last to open, as are gyms and restaurants, because they are the areas where the worst spread happens?
    I think that some people don't want pubs to re-open, whether they are the biggest source of infection or not. As I said I believe that there are people who just are happy to see them shut and if they had their way never reopen, and I believe that such people hold a disproportionate influence in wales.
    'im not arguing one way or the other, it is just my opinion and I'm not going to change it.

And the road map was a complete nothing, no hope no light at the end of the tunnel, almost as if some people are reveling in the power. Again just my opinion.

Banned

I think that some people don't want pubs to re-open, whether they are the biggest source of infection or not. As I said I believe that there are people who just are happy to see them shut and if they had their way never reopen, and I believe that such people hold a disproportionate influence in wales.
    'im not arguing one way or the other, it is just my opinion and I'm not going to change it.

And the road map was a complete nothing, no hope no light at the end of the tunnel, almost as if some people are reveling in the power. Again just my opinion.
    Woah, let's rewind a bit and think. "Some people don't want pubs to re-open" but "they have disproportionate influence in Wales". What group of people is this?

You do realise that the rest of the UK have indicated that pubs will be the last thing to open. Is this Welsh group really that influential?

International

Woah, let's rewind a bit and think. "Some people don't want pubs to re-open" but "they have disproportionate influence in Wales". What group of people is this?

You do realise that the rest of the UK have indicated that pubs will be the last thing to open. Is this Welsh group really that influential?
    The UK goverment at least put a time scale on it saying not before 4 July. Mr Drakeford has previously said that they will be last (Understandable perhaps) and today he said it may be "Many months, maybe years before Wales gets back to normal.
    As for influence, it is, as I sais, my honestly held opinion. It isn't going to be changed by anything you say and I will not debate it with you.
    Yes I do realise.

Heisenberg

The UK goverment at least put a time scale on it saying not before 4 July. Mr Drakeford has previously said that they will be last (Understandable perhaps) and today he said it may be "Many months, maybe years before Wales gets back to normal.
    As for influence, it is, as I sais, my honestly held opinion. It isn't going to be changed by anything you say and I will not debate it with you.
    Yes I do realise.
    Why wouldn't people want the pubs to be open? If there's anything that British people love... it's a fecking pint.

Banned

Yes I do realise.
    I suspect you will not debate it because you realise it is pretty flimsy.

The UK Government has said "not before 4 July". What sort of timeframe is that? Not before 4 July means that the UK Government are saying pubs will reopen any time from 4 July 2020 until, well, any time after that really.

The issue is that, over a 5 week period, I would have been self isolating for 4 weeks. Luckily, the second time my partner was tested because of their job in the care industry and we self isolated for 5 full days.

The 70% accuracy line you have come out with a couple of times really needs citation. I, too, have read it in a number of places - but each time without any sources.
    I put the 70% thing in the Google and got an article by the 'The Conversation' up with them making reference to the 70% thing which you can click on as a link and that takes you to a 'Wall Street Journal' thing with all the mind blowing figures, I have to be honest imo 70% is sh*t as an indicator.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Why wouldn't people want the pubs to be open? If there's anything that British people love... it's a fecking pint.
    I agree entirely, but some people think that drink is the curse of the working classes. lol

Banned

I put the 70% thing in the Google and got an article by the 'The Conversation' up with them making reference to the 70% thing which you can click on as a link and that takes you to a 'Wall Street Journal' thing with all the mind blowing figures, I have to be honest imo 70% is sh*t.

Did it say the test was 70% sensitive, or 70% specific?

Banned

I agree entirely, but some people think that drink is the curse of the working classes. lol
    How many people, what people, and what positions of influence do they hold?

And why are the same people stopping me going to the gym?

International

I suspect you will not debate it because you realise it is pretty flimsy.

The UK Government has said "not before 4 July". What sort of timeframe is that? Not before 4 July means that the UK Government are saying pubs will reopen any time from 4 July 2020 until, well, any time after that really.
    lol I won't debate it with you because I choose not to. It is my opinion, nothing more but your words will not change it.

Banned

lol I won't debate it with you because I choose not to. It is my opinion, nothing more but your words will not change it.
    And, it appears, neither will critical thinking.

International

And, it appears, neither will critical thinking.
    you are a bit dull really aren't you.