+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The U.K. is currently on the exact same trajectory for deaths as Italy

Re: The U.K. is currently on the exact same trajectory for deaths as Italy

People referring to 'the UK plan' as if it has been a constant that didn't change/speed up drastically over the course of last weekend have not been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    People referring to 'the UK plan' as if it has been a constant that didn't change/speed up drastically over the course of last weekend have not been paying attention.
    Agreed, my attitude at first was this should not be made political, but you see articles like this and...............

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...plan-disbelief

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've already pencilled you in, you're quite lovely as well...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, my attitude at first was this should not be made political, but you see articles like this and...............

When I first saw pictures like this from China and Iran, for some reason, I didn’t take seriously that it would also happen in Spain
    This is so true, even a month ago I never saw it getting this bad in the UK. Shows how complacent we can be. Snobbish towards other countries too I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Is it politicising it to say the government have been slow and useless? It's not to say labour would have done any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Is it politicising it to say the government have been slow and useless? It's not to say labour would have done any better.
    My attitude at first was that the Government were in a no win situation, but, while I still believe that, I don't think they've done themselves any favours in the last fortnight or so. The delay in closing pubs seems to encapsulate their approach lately as decisions which are, it seems to me. obviously going to happen eventually are delayed because of a belief people can be persuaded to behave in a way they would never do so out of choice.

Over in America, there are claims that Trump is making decisions with the elections later in this year in mind, but our Government are coming off an election with a big enough majority to behave a lot more decisively than they have done.

Banned

New cases and deaths in Italy are falling. The UK are not on the same trajectory as Italy at the moment. New cases in Germany seem to be levelling out, and new cases in France dropped again.

I remain optimistic that, while things are bad, the steps taking place will get us through this. Not sure a nationwide lockdown is needed but a lockdown of London is really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    New cases and deaths in Italy are falling. The UK are not on the same trajectory as Italy at the moment. New cases in Germany seem to be levelling out, and new cases in France dropped again.

I remain optimistic that, while things are bad, the steps taking place will get us through this. Not sure a nationwide lockdown is needed but a lockdown of London is really needed.
    Not according to these figures.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    What figures? The one showing number of new cases in Italy dropping for a second day, the one showing number of new deaths falling for a second day, or the one showing we are not currently on the same curve as Italy?

Sorry, just seen the updates to the French and German figures.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In the interests of balance and not wishing to deny the seriousness of the situation, Italy has the second oldest (over 65’s) population in the World. Uk is 24th. Japan is 1st but has had very few virus cases reported. The figures mean little in terms of predicting what will happen and it is difficult to compare them country to country. There is no way of knowing if UK will follow Italy or not. Infection and death rates are still low in comparison to overall population.
    Still think this?

I'm still waiting for it to kick off in Sweden. The majority of infections and deaths are in e Stockholm area and neighboring counties.
    It looks like that Stockholm that had a school break a week later than other areas and people went for their ski holiday in Italy.
    In an info Video released by the cooncil i work for they are basically saying that we need to get infected and there's no way around it.
    Sweden's Herd immunity theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Still think this?
    Yes. It all still applies just as much now as it did when I posted it. Who knows where the figures will end up. We are following Italy but still well behind them in deaths figures and it appears our figures are slowing like theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I'm still waiting for it to kick off in Sweden. The majority of infections and deaths are in e Stockholm area and neighboring counties.
    It looks like that Stockholm that had a school break a week later than other areas and people went for their ski holiday in Italy.
    In an info Video released by the cooncil i work for they are basically saying that we need to get infected and there's no way around it.
    Sweden's Herd immunity theory.
    Weren't Sweden into eugenics for a while in the 60s/70s?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Weren't Sweden into eugenics for a while in the 60s/70s?
    No, they were into Abba. Eugenics were the 80s, Who's That Girl, Sweet Dreams. Great tracks.

No, they were into Abba. Eugenics were the 80s, Who's That Girl, Sweet Dreams. Great tracks.

Heisenberg