+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Has anyone on here caught it yet?

I've had it for 4 days now.
    Started off as aching bones in my fingers.
    Then aching all over the next day with shivers.
    Felt so drained and cold.
    Took only paracetamol as was recommended and this really helped a lot.
    On the 2nd night I had night sweats in bed and t-shirt I was wearing was soaking wet also the bedding and pillow case soaking.
    This made things feel a lot better on the 3rd day.
    Had diarrhea on 3rd day like black treacle.
    Feel great as long as the paracetamol are inside you but as soon as they wear off you get the shivers again and need to sleep.
    Most people that get it they reckon have a dry cough or a high fever. I think this information is incorrect.
    Or misleading.
    As I was not hot to touch I thought I couldn't have it.
    However my cousin who is a nurse has said you don't need to be hot to have a temperature, by having the sweats at night this is a fever so basically the same thing. They should update this information as it's so misleading.
    I read a story on Wales online about a woman and her husband who both had it and didn't have these symptoms that the NHS Wales website said you would have if you caught it

Re: Has anyone on here caught it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    On the 2nd night I had night sweats in bed and t-shirt I was wearing was soaking wet also the bedding and pillow case soaking.
    Feel great as long as the paracetamol are inside you but as soon as they wear off you get the shivers again and need to sleep.
    Most people that get it they reckon have a dry cough or a high fever. I think this information is incorrect.
    Or misleading.
    However my cousin who is a nurse has said you don't need to be hot to have a temperature, by having the sweats at night this is a fever so basically the same thing. They should update this information as it's so misleading.
    I read a story on Wales online about a woman and her husband who both had it and didn't have these symptoms that the NHS Wales website said you would have if you caught it
    Have you been tested to confirm it is coronavirus ? There are a lot of other things going around right now including flu, tonsillitis, stomach upsets. You could have any of them. Why would you say that the information released is incorrect - do you think that they are deliberately releasing misleading information ? The vast majority of people obviously get the main symptoms. You could be the exception but on the other hand, you might not even have it, so in those circumstances, it wound be you giving out the misleading information.

International

Mind I don't suppose popping off to Benidorm in the current situation really lessened your chances did it?

You cannot get tested for it as you cannot get an appointment only if your taken to hospital. You just have to self isolate yourself it says on the NHS Wales website.
    I presume I got it as me and another 5 boys that went to benidorm last week have all got the same symptoms and have got to stay home for 14 days.
    What I meant by the NHS website was that they tell you that if you haven't got a persistent dry cough or a high temperature, then when you answer no to both these questions then they basically shut you down and say you haven't got it. Which I believe is not true, also read what that woman said. The guild lines are to rigid. A high temperature could mean a fever and not what I'd presumed I had, which was shivering. I was not hot. I can't believe they are not testing people anymore if you believe you have had it.

It's definitely flu I've got. My Mrs has got it now and she is off work for 2 weeks.
    It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Just a bit stronger than normal flu

Or misleading.
    So - i've also been quite poorly this last week. Started off as very sore throat (which would ease after an hour or two each day), and extreme congestion. By Thursday, it was headaches, blocked ear & fatigue... I slept virtually all day Friday & Saturday. A bad cough also developed on Saturday. I'm still congested with the headaches/blocked ear/cough now - beechams are doing the trick.

I havent had a temperature at all though, and I havent had any difficulty breathing, so I doubt its Corona... but its probably one of the worst Flu bouts I have ever had...

Oh - and I was out on the piss last Saturday when all of the jocks were down, so I suspect I caught it then.

My nephew's wife has it and possibly picked it up getting on a flight back from New York.

It's definitely flu I've got. My Mrs has got it now and she is off work for 2 weeks.
    It's not as bad as I thought it would be. Just a bit stronger than normal flu
    Sorry, I'm a little confused. You are saying it's definitely flu and not coronavirus?

I think you need an in ear thermometer to check your temp. Just because you don’t have a hot head to the touch doesn’t mean you don’t have a fever.

It’s a bit of a minefield. Lots of other bugs and viruses doing the rounds, as well as the big one.
    It’s a case of common sense though. If you are feeling fine, then you just need to take social isolating seriously and do your bit.
    If you have any cold or flu symptoms, then you need to remain indoors for a week or maybe 2.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5058410]It’s a bit of a minefield. Lots of other bugs and viruses doing the rounds, as well as the big one.
    It’s a case of common sense though. If you are feeling fine, then you just need to take social isolating seriously and do your bit.
    If you have any cold or flu symptoms, then you need to remain indoors for a week or maybe 2

You need to be doing this anyway regardless of if you have those symptoms

[QUOTE=delmbox;5058414]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It’s a bit of a minefield. Lots of other bugs and viruses doing the rounds, as well as the big one.
    If you have any cold or flu symptoms, then you need to remain indoors for a week or maybe 2

You need to be doing this anyway regardless of if you have those symptoms
    Not if you are well and need to go to work.

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5058415]
    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Not if you are well and need to go to work.
    I meant the general non key worker populace but fair point

[QUOTE=delmbox;5058418]
    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post

I meant the general non key worker populace but fair point
    I’m a self employed tradesman. I feel well and normal, and as I’m working in an empty house, I think it’s ok for me to go to my work at the moment.
    I’ve taken a packed lunch with me to avoid any shops.
    With this situation being unprecedented , we are all learning by the day. I would never put money above health, so if things worsen or we get a total lockdown, then so be it.
    Wish all my fellow posters well, and here’s hoping we get through it as a country as little unscathed as we can 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sorry, I'm a little confused. You are saying it's definitely flu and not coronavirus?
    Isn't Coronavirus a type of flu?

So bars, restuarants etc are closed but everyone is still has to go to work?

not everyone but alot of people working from home over in the UK NYC

No. Its a type of coronavirus linked to SARS and MERS

No. Its a type of coronavirus linked to SARS and MERS.

Let me put it another way.... do you have COVID-19?

There should be a lot more testing. This thread is an example of why.

Not much of a difference in my book unless you've underlying health conditions
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...-and-mortality

[QUOTE=William Treseder;5058422]
    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

I’m a self employed tradesman. I feel well and normal, and as I’m working in an empty house, I think it’s ok for me to go to my work at the moment.
    I’ve taken a packed lunch with me to avoid any shops.
    With this situation being unprecedented , we are all learning by the day. I would never put money above health, so if things worsen or we get a total lockdown, then so be it.
    Wish all my fellow posters well, and here’s hoping we get through it as a country as little unscathed as we can ��
    Makes sense, good luck to you