+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When Football resumes..

Re: When Football resumes..

Here’s a different thought.

Could you just finish this season whenever it finishes... let’s say November.

Break for 3 months. Completely tester the Football Calendar moving forward so that every season from next year forward runs from March - November... Euros and World Cups take place over Christmas/New Year December/January...

It may not happen with football but I think the world might reset itself in many different areas once this is all done

I don’t see why “summer football” would be such a weird thing considering We were going to see players play 4 to 8 games in the Euros. The normal season starts in August too, which is summer.

Also, as mentioned, you could get through 9 games in around about a month. If the players welfare can be guaranteed, and games are played behind closed doors, you could get the season done over may and june.

July hols. Back in August ... with or without fans.

If they get the live streaming of all matches sorted, there would be loads of people tuning in, desperate to get back to the usual routines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If it does for this season, then it's going to feel very strange watching football in June. We've got nine league games to go, so say it got going again mid April, (Can't see it) then the season could go into July. It's going to be very odd and unseasonal which could add to a very strange atmosphere. Personally i don't think that the season will be completed, i hope not just to **** Leeds fans off. Just noticed that anything below national league has been cancelled for good and all results wiped out.
    FIFA is working on a plan to deal with bankruptcies, salaries, transfer windows and contracts, so much depends on what they say, assuming it's legally binding. If leagues like the Prem do go ahead and hold a series of games behind closed doors to finish off this season, then they have to be very aware of the PR. They should give a lot of solidarity money to the lower league clubs to help them, also contribute to the fight against CV, as well as local health charities etc.

Or would they just stuff their faces with money as they normally do? It's a defining moment for the future of football.

What’s this “FOOTBALL” you speak of ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Who do you think pays players wages?

If everyone cancels Sky/BT sport, if there are no games to play, if advertisers pull out and the public aren't spending money going to football games then how can players expect to be paid their normal salaries? It will just put our club and many others deeper in trouble if they keep paying such high salaries. The reason I don't mention bankers, brokers or others is because this is a football forum and I want my club to be around long after the current group of players are gone. If the government have set a cap of £2500 on financial help then I don't think players should be earning upwards of £10,000 a week, even taking into account their short careers.

I've just seen Barcelona announce a 70% reduction on player salaries. It might be the only way to save football clubs.
    The billionaires who own the clubs, not us

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Who do you think pays players wages?

If everyone cancels Sky/BT sport, if there are no games to play, if advertisers pull out and the public aren't spending money going to football games then how can players expect to be paid their normal salaries? It will just put our club and many others deeper in trouble if they keep paying such high salaries. The reason I don't mention bankers, brokers or others is because this is a football forum and I want my club to be around long after the current group of players are gone. If the government have set a cap of £2500 on financial help then I don't think players should be earning upwards of £10,000 a week, even taking into account their short careers.

I've just seen Barcelona announce a 70% reduction on player salaries. It might be the only way to save football clubs.
    Their employers pay them not us.

I can’t imagine for one minute there’ll be a govt backed scheme to support footballers or their clubs if they go the the wall.