+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Were/Are You Going On Holiday This Year?

Where Were/Are You Going On Holiday This Year?

I had booked for San Fran and Vegas late September, and had just squeezed in my top of my bucket list to Oz in February, prior to the pandemic and restrictions.

To be frank, I'm not too bothered about the State side trip, just want to see an end to all of this horrible virus.

How has it affected you holiday wise?

Re: Where Were/Are You Going On Holiday This Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I had booked for San Fran and Vegas late September, and had just squeezed in my top of my bucket list to Oz in February, prior to the pandemic and restrictions.

To be frank, I'm not too bothered about the State side trip, just want to see an end to all of this horrible virus.

Crete in August. Got flights and accommodation booked.

I know they will cancel. Next year im going to book to go away twice if travel is back then again of course.

Was going to Nashville in May but no chance of that now.

Had baku and Georgia booked but that’s pretty much for nothing now

Mexico in November should be ok I hope and was planning New York for Christmas but who knows what state that will be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

Congratulations what was your flight like ?

We were going to walk the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path in May - we had the itinery finalised but managed to pull out before even the deposit was due. Same time next year I expect.

We have also booked to go to Italy for 2 weeks in September for my partner's 60th - but that must be a real doubt. We have only paid for the flights and should get that back if they are cancelled. If they aren't cancelled maybe the whole thing will be OK by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Congratulations what was your flight like ?
    Sent you PM.

We've had to cancel:
    Devon in May
    Menorca in June
    Malawi/Zambia in July/ August
    Spain in September and
    Romania in October. The latter because my nephew announced his engagement and wedding date after we booked. We now need a spreadsheet to work out where we are at in terms of refunds etc.

Saving for a biggie in two years time (Perth again.) for 'er indoors retirement', a week in the med booked 5th may, starting in Naples then over to Spain, TUI not yet officially cancelled it, they are trying to get us to change to another holiday later in the year, it is fully paid for, so will be waiting until they have to cancel and will get a full refund, hoping to get a week in Canaries in October although we have tentatively said fck it for this year and we'll invest some dough in the house instead of a holiday.

We hadn’t booked anything but planned four nights in Lucca and ten in Bologna with a trip to Milan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Saving for a biggie in two years time (Perth again.) for 'er indoors retirement', a week in the med booked 5th may, starting in Naples then over to Spain, TUI not yet officially cancelled it, they are trying to get us to change to another holiday later in the year, it is fully paid for, so will be waiting until they have to cancel and will get a full refund, hoping to get a week in Canaries in October although we have tentatively said fck it for this year and we'll invest some dough in the house instead of a holiday.
    I think a lot of people may right off this year, but it will be a new world we enter post Covid 19. Who knows how it will look for everything, not just travel. All of this money loss has to be paid for somehow, I think this will have devastating consequences for the cruise industry and will I'm sure affect air fares and airport taxes.

I'm hoping to still go down the Jeresey Shore as usual. I'm looking at flights to the UK for September. $353. I hope the season has started by then.

Baku and Rome...

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    We've had to cancel:
    Devon in May
    Menorca in June
    Malawi/Zambia in July/ August
    Spain in September and
    Romania in October. The latter because my nephew announced his engagement and wedding date after we booked. We now need a spreadsheet to work out where we are at in terms of refunds etc.
    Jesus christ, Are you Judith Chalmers?

Porthcawl or barry island for day trips

Tenby or Saunders foot for long weekends

Dont do holidays abroad , too much hassle cant be arsed driving to airport , passport , flight , transfer when in an hour and a half I can be in a static caravan in Saunders foot looking at all the young mums

Stay welsh

Meant to be going to Croatia late July.

Thought I’d be a clever ****er this year and booked flights via easyJet and a villa via air bnb to save on the ridiculous prices package holidays charge in the school holidays.

Boy is my face red and not from sunburn.

Naples in June. Then onto Rome for a few days to watch... I forget what it was now.

Was meant to be in Gambia in January but the airline went bust and I went to Morocco instead.
    Cancelled my trip to Milan and Bergamo last month.
    Was meant to be walking on both sides of the Ireland border last week before seeing Santana in Dublin.
    I have tickets for Kazakhstan next month but that won't happen.
    Azerbaijan in June
    Germany in September
    Argentina in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jesus christ, Are you Judith Chalmers?
    Only at the weekends😉

New York,Rome and greece.

Our plans were

1 week in Cornwall over easter ( though sold the caravan, so not booked anything )

25 Days in August to Florida, Miami for 2 nights, 21 night in Disney ( with a break of 2 nights in clearwater ) then 2 nights in deerfield beach on the way back to miami, all booked DIY, so going to be a right PITA with getting money back

Sept, Back to Bogota for a few days, not booked flights, will stay with guy im dealing with, he insists on staying in his house, so nothing lost

Oct 1/2 term a few nights in Efteling theme park in Holland, not booked anything either

cannot see any of them taking part, but its not that important these days

St.Lucia, moved from end May to September, shame as it was for Mrs 60th

Then Rome, now 2021

I'm loathe to say where I'm going. It's an unspoilt location.
    Ok, it's Sto Pat Ome.

Live in Pembrokeshire so its permanent holiday, but also have caravan in Snowdonia. Site is closed and it is possible it might not reopen this year.

Porthcawl. Turned up. All these bloody police moved us on.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Baku and Rome...
    Same here