+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sitting out the front of my house

Sitting out the front of my house

These days, prefer to the back pm with the sun shining. Been amazed by the amount of people that stop and have a chat, people I don’t know just coming to the park for a walk. Even my hippie neighbour who has only grunted a few times towards me in 8 years said hello as he walked past the other day, I almost passed out with shock! Some good is coming from this madness I tell you..... will we all become more social or just go back to being what we were once this has passed.....

Re: Sitting out the front of my house

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    These days, prefer to the back pm with the sun shining. Been amazed by the amount of people that stop and have a chat, people I don’t know just coming to the park for a walk. Even my hippie neighbour who has only grunted a few times towards me in 8 years said hello as he walked past the other day, I almost passed out with shock! Some good is coming from this madness I tell you..... will we all become more social or just go back to being what we were once this has passed.....
    This is the exact opposite to what should be happening

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's eerie how silent it is by us - in a cul de sac sure but less people going by, less car noise. Quite relaxing.

International

As I mentioned in another thread I live close to a major junction in Cardiff and although the level of traffic did seem to be going up again around Tue/Wed it has drooped again and today being Saturday there is little or none, (Probably showing the other traffic was work related although a lot of it was private cars)
    Its so quiet that last night about 2 AM I was disturbed by voices and it was 2 young girls walking past the house chatting. It made us wonder where they were going and where they'd been.
    Normally the traffic 'hum' only quietens about 3 AM but now it is absent all evening and night. When you live in a place like this you get used to constant noises and filter them out so I expect when this is all over I'll have to do that all over again.

But I'd rather hope I'm here to have to do it than not here at all!!!

If you live in a house with a lot of traffic noise and then move to somewhere quieter you will find you have difficulty sleeping - at least that was my experience.

I have lived in my street (not a big street) 29 years (the 2nd longest in the street according to Doris!!) during the 2 x NHS claps thus far, I have said hello to some neighbours for the 1st time, obviously there have been many changes in the street and when we 1st moved in, was on nod/hello terms with most in the street, being out of the house at 6.45 in the morning and not back until 18.00 most days doesn't doesn't make it that easy for interaction with neighbours, have always been on speaking terms with immediate neighbours, have noticed during the permitted 1 hour out for excersize that the majority of people say hello when walking past and doing the two metre swerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I’m a good 5 metres away from anyway don’t worry.....just weird that folk are so chatty now whereas if I was sitting on my doorstep last year no one would even look my way

International

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I’m a good 5 metres away from anyway don’t worry.....just weird that folk are so chatty now whereas if I was sitting on my doorstep last year no one would even look my way
    Probably places to go and things to do on their minds, now just walking to get out of the house, and distraction is a pleasure.