+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Great Interview with a Premier League player who gives all his wages to charity

First Team

Re: Great Interview with a Premier League player who gives all his wages to charity

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    So what you're saying is you're happy for incredibly rich clubs to abuse a system designed to help businesses who may end up with cashflow issues by treating low paid staff like shit because highly paid players could take pay cuts, oh and pay the missing tax voluntary hence getting effectively taxed twice... whilst the incredibly rich clubs get taxpayer money.

You seem to want to blast highly paid players rather than putting the blame at the clubs.

If you're talking lower league / non-league clubs, where there isn't the cash slushing around, that's a different story - even than, that just shows how badly run football clubs are when it comes to business. Too many spend what they don't have, in that case the lower paid staff should absolutely be taken care of.
    Huh? I'll accept your apology in advance.

Heisenberg

Re: Great Interview with a Premier League player who gives all his wages to charity

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Funny how the majority of posters are taking this as a genuine interview presumably because it corresponds with their own views, political and otherwise. If it was the other way around no doubt they would jump on it straight away and accuse it of being a load of made up twaddle produced by the interviewer (which it almost certainly is).
    'Footballer Steals £200k Per Month From Charities'?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Weekly WAGES 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well I never , who is the dullard now Bobby?

Dyson is a massive contributor to the tory party and was behind the brexit campaign

Maybe now he can earn his corn by sorting out some breathing equipment , hes got enough ****ing money to play with
    Read this CAREFULLY. I know that you struggle:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...sbc-2018-2?amp

So the CEO of a high street bank earns a salary of.......wait for it.....the same as the average Championship player!! £19k / week.

And the rest is all bonuses and shares.

Oh dear, oh dear 🙈

Game over dullards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Read this CAREFULLY. I know that you struggle:

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...sbc-2018-2?amp

So the CEO of a high street bank earns a salary of.......wait for it.....the same as the average Championship player!! £19k / week.

And the rest is all bonuses and shares.

Oh dear, oh dear 🙈

Game over dullards.
    You ****ing stupid ****

Do you seriously think the weekly income that high flyers in industry earn doesn't match that of premiership footballers ?

I have a mate who works in a major investment bank worldwide who takes in a lot more than your average premiership player

And he is a philanthropist who gives a lot to charity

I bet you give **** all

First Team

Weekly WAGES ��*♂️
    Uh, how do you think they acquired the wealth and what return do you think they make on assets of that size on a WEKLY basis.

You're splitting hairs here. Admit you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    'Footballer Steals £200k Per Month From Charities'?

I was trying to figure out what the other way round was too. Charities funding premier league wages?

Weekly WAGES ��*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I’ve always had a similar view but this interview has changed my mind a bit to be honest. Imagine having half a million in your bank every month, surely it becomes mostly useless after a few years.

Would it not be better to do some good with it rather than just let it all mount up?
    I theory, you're bang on, what isn't fair (in my opinion) is the pressure from the media and public who are using this as a way of bashing footballers. I think that the wealth disparity has been created by markets and exploitation, not working class lads who have worked very hard to get to a level that most don't. I'm trying to look past the money and concentrate on how we as a nation seem to attack the easy targets when there's a load of reasons why these poor people in the lowest paid jobs are being treated irresponsibly and have very little in terms of support and employment rights. I think what should happen is that footballers should decide whether they want to help out or not, i'm sure that they'll do the right thing.

The irony is that many football club owners get away with paying their tax, denounce government over regulation, workers rights and health and safety, yet are the first in line when they need a handout to protect their wealth.