+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

There is no cure .

There wont be a vaccine for some time .

For the country to move forward and get back on its feet , on the whole ,we all have to get it .

Once the number of deaths drop below a certain point , restrictions will be lifted and we will start again.

The deaths are being controlled , which is of course sensible .

The hospital in the millennium stadium is a sign of things to come .

The only positive I can think about it at the moment is a lot of us have had it and aren't aware.

Anyone disagree with my interpretation of the current situation ?

Re: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I disagree. I don't think there has ever been a pandemic during which 100% of the population were infected.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I disagree. I don't think there has ever been a pandemic during which 100% of the population were infected.
    Very clever (as expected) ...The vast majority perhaps . They are going to open the doors and contaminate another group of people.
    Then close them and deal with the sick
    Do you disagree with that ? Until the vast majority have caught the virus.

Very clever (as expected) ...The vast majority perhaps . They are going to open the doors and contaminate another group of people.
    Do you disagree with that ? Until there is no one left to catch the virus.
    I don't even know what you're talking about to be honest. It makes no sense to me.

I'm not an expert on pandemics and I wouldn't like to guess how this one will end up, but I think suggesting that everyone is going to get it eventually is nonsense based on everything I've heard and read.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    there is 7.8 billion people on the planet with ;

Coronavirus Cases:@ 1,496,335

Deaths:@ 87,617

Recovered @ 319,160

On that reported basis it would take some doing to get to a 100% get it basis , as some folk are immune .

I do wonder if some of the deaths would have happened anyways with flu or phenomena,id love to see that stat Corvid19 v Flu /phenomena deaths

I think a vaccine will be found and has to be found , or the bigger death toll will a result of the economy collapsing and then there is no health care

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Recovered @ 319,160

On that reported basis it would take some doing to get to a 100% get it basis , as some folk are immune .

I do wonder if some of the deaths would have happened anyways with flu or phenomena,id love to see that stat Corvid19 v Flu /phenomena deaths

I think a vaccine will be found and has to be found , or the bigger death toll will a result of the economy collapsing and then there is no health care
    Coronavirus cases @ 1,496,335 - you do realise that not every case is recorded right?

Recovered @ 319,160

On that reported basis it would take some doing to get to a 100% get it basis
    , as some folk are immune .

Yeah , I accept that's not the way it works .

What happens in Wuhan in the coming weeks will indicate if we are going to have lockdown ..freedom...lockdown.

If they are going to continue going about their business without further interruption the would amazing ..is it unlikely ?

Recovered @ 319,160

Didn’t 35000 people die of flu here in 2015? One of the worst seasons recorded I heard.

Here we are 4 months on , hard to believe the way this has panned out .
    Still looks like the only way forward is to catch it and deal with it to the best of each individuals capabilities.

Unless a magic vaccine appears from the magic vaccine factory.

Still looks like the only way forward is to catch it and deal with it to the best of each individuals capabilities.

Science has moved forward remarkably quickly in the 4 month period. There is much better understanding of the virus, effective medication..dexamethasone for example, the role of CPAP v Ventilators, the way it spreads etc.

Still a long way to go and pleased to see that the magic vaccine seems to be progressing well too.

This intracellular parasite that we call Covid can only survive if it has a host. The way forward is not to catch it, but to avoid catching it.

Banned

Well, you definitely haven't moved on. There is still no guarantee that getting the virus will provide immunity for anything other than a few months.

Aye Russia getting a vaccine in a couple of months,works too by all accounts.Got it off the internet apparently.

Do you disagree with that ? Until the vast majority have caught the virus.
    I think if that happens unless it’s done ridiculously slowly we would end up with too many deaths.

How many have it now? 1% of the population? 5%?

We’ve already had 4000 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think if that happens unless it’s done ridiculously slowly we would end up with too many deaths.

The only figures they are giving is for people tested , when we cant test the people in the front line ,our NHS workers , then , the figures mean nothing.
    I remember them saying one person could contaminate 400 people in a very short period , it gives an idea how far out the figures are.

Banned

The most recent estimate I have seen is 2.7% of the population.

We need the anti-body test.

The vaccine will come after so called herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The most recent estimate I have seen is 2.7% of the population.

We need the anti-body test.

The vaccine will come after so called herd immunity.
    I hope you are right. but latest figures as of Saturday indicates that South Wales could be a hot spot for Covid-19

In England on Saturday the health authority with most cases was Birmingham 1138 cases and a population in the authority of 1.1 m. Approx 1 cases per 1000 population
    Cardiff and Vale with a population of approx 495,000 had 723 cases as of Saturday, equivalent to 1 per 684 of the population. If you include todays figures we are 1 case in approx 500....ie in a CCFC stadium of 20,000 fans 40 people would have it....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I hope you are right. but latest figures as of Saturday indicates that South Wales could be a hot spot for Covid-19

In England on Saturday the health authority with most cases was Birmingham 1138 cases and a population in the authority of 1.1 m. Approx 1 cases per 1000 population
    Cardiff and Vale with a population of approx 495,000 had 723 cases as of Saturday, equivalent to 1 per 684 of the population. If you include todays figures we are 1 case in approx 500....ie in a CCFC stadium of 20,000 fans 40 people would have it....
    These are recorded cases. Example, I develop a cough. I stay home. I get better. I had covid-19. I am not counted in your figure.

Example. I have no symptoms. But, I do have covid-19. I am not counted in these figures.

There are complex models that will have a degree of accuracy in terms of number of people infected - the one I saw last week said 2.7%. I would suggest that is more accurate than the figures you are quoting. Do you really think only 1138 people in Birmingham have had it?

I've read they think 10% of the population has had it, if so there is a hell of a way to go?

Originally with the herd immunity theory they talked of 60% of the population getting it, mainly children and workers, it would bring it to a halt?

It seems a bit low to me but we certainly won't get to 100%.

I had proper flu twice in my life I think, other corona virus like the common cold people get more often I guess....

Not at all.What the OP is saying that all the people that manage to duck it this time around may well get it next time.I think at a guess the number of people as a percentage who don't succombe to this virus at any time will be in the lower single digits.A vaccine of some sort will eventually help.

I have pondered on this myself. As a 70+ year old I am obliged to stay at home 24/7, so here I am in splendid isolation for the last 2 weeks and maybe many more weeks yet. It's not too bad, just missing face to face contact with friends and family. Even when this episode is deemed to be officially "over" and I go out and about once again, how can I be sure that there still aren't a significant number of folk who are asymptomatic also out and about? Might it not have been better that I had caught the virus now and thereby got some immunity? The problem is I would never know if I had got the milder form of the disease, or if not, it would have killed me anyway!

I wouldn't put any store in getting the vaccine - that's going to be a very long way off and, not unreasonably, us geriatrics are going to be way down the priority list!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have pondered on this myself. As a 70+ year old I am obliged to stay at home 24/7, so here I am in splendid isolation for the last 2 weeks and maybe many more weeks yet. It's not too bad, just missing face to face contact with friends and family. Even when this episode is deemed to be officially "over" and I go out and about once again, how can I be sure that there still aren't a significant number of folk who are asymptomatic also out and about? Might it not have been better that I had caught the virus now and thereby got some immunity? The problem is I would never know if I had got the milder form of the disease, or if not, it would have killed me anyway!

I wouldn't put any store in getting the vaccine - that's going to be a very long way off and, not unreasonably, us geriatrics are going to be way down the priority list!
    My mother is 80 and has "underlying health issues" I usually see her once a week .
    I haven't seen her since I read the consequences of this virus. She has stayed in for a couple of weeks, like yourself, and I do worry
    how long will it be before she is able to leave the house safely.
    If my thoughts on this are correct it will be some time away.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

If they follow the model with the seasonal flu jabs, the vulnerable (including us oldies) will actually be higher priority.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    If they follow the model with the seasonal flu jabs, the vulnerable (including us oldies) will actually be higher priority.
    I agree. If the situation was reversed and there was something that was much more dangerous to youngsters than oldies, I would not expect or want to be getting any vaccine in front of them.

There is no cure .

There wont be a vaccine for some time .

For the country to move forward and get back on its feet , on the whole ,we all have to get it .

Once the number of deaths drop below a certain point , restrictions will be lifted and we will start again.

The deaths are being controlled , which is of course sensible .

The hospital in the millennium stadium is a sign of things to come .

The only positive I can think about it at the moment is a lot of us have had it and aren't aware.

The examples of China and other Asian countries argue otherwise. Also, my understanding is that previous coronaviruses, including the seemingly more deadly SARS, were on the wane before a vaccine was discovered.

If we are all going to get it though, surely, it is best to do all we can to postpone such an event as long as we can so the best chance is given to getting a vaccine?