Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
This is where comparisons become difficult because different governments are doing similar things at different times. Are we in Wales better at managing the virus? are the population more compliant? or are we following the same path as England but on a different time line?

Are where does 'common sense' as BoJo calls it fit in. This message board is alive with people who have taken the plunge with season tickets. Some must be over 50, maybe over 60 and in the high risk group should they catch Covid. Why take the chance?, cold weather to come, crowded trains, full pubs, pinch points on entrance and exit to the ground.

They do it because they have hopefully weighed up the risks and decided it's worth it. No different really to what governments in the UK do on behalf on the population. No different really to the crowds who gather in the Bay, or rush to the beach.
People want to believe "good news stories". Probably against my better judgement, I went ahead and bought a season ticket and part of my reason for that was a perception that things were getting better because of the way the virus was being reported at the time - nevertheless, I had little confidence that I would actually get to many games either because I decided it was unsafe or, more likely, I would not be allowed to attend. Therefore, if I'm being honest, my ticket is more a way of ensuring I would at least be able to watch our home matches next season.

My decision was partly influenced by what I was hearing from both UK and Welsh Governments and, for me, events are proving that the attitude and presentation of information has been much more realistic and measured from the latter than it has been from the former. Johnson for me is someone who wants to be telling people that things are going to be fine because it makes him more popular, but the stakes are very high when it comes to the virus and he's struggled to appreciate this. I can remember him predicting we would have the virus on the run by the end of May, there have been various "game changing" and "world beating" schemes and breakthroughs that have been quietly shelved because they have been shown to be anything but that and now he is having to announce a "squeezing of the brakes" a week or so after he was telling us that he thought things would be back to normal by Christmas.

Drakeford may be dull by comparison with Johnson, but I would prefer he and his Government's approach to the Pandemic than that of Johnson and his crew who is seems have a problem understanding that it's probably best not to promise what you cannot be sure you can deliver.