Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
You may be right, I'm not going to crow because on a day when some papers were headlining with the sort of drastic restrictions that are, reportedly, being considered for England, you could sit in a pub and have a pint and meet in groups of thirty in Wales because we are seeing that the situation can soon change, but there is an irony when you remember all of those on here who were castigating the Welsh Government for their caution at the time the UK Government were falling over themselves trying to find new things they could open up. I'm biased, but it seems to me that the case is virtually proven that the UK Government, and the Welsh one, went into lockdown too late and the evidence is surely mounting that Johnson and co tried to come out of it too quickly.
This is where comparisons become difficult because different governments are doing similar things at different times. Are we in Wales better at managing the virus? are the population more compliant? or are we following the same path as England but on a different time line?

Are where does 'common sense' as BoJo calls it fit in. This message board is alive with people who have taken the plunge with season tickets. Some must be over 50, maybe over 60 and in the high risk group should they catch Covid. Why take the chance?, cold weather to come, crowded trains, full pubs, pinch points on entrance and exit to the ground.

They do it because they have hopefully weighed up the risks and decided it's worth it. No different really to what governments in the UK do on behalf on the population. No different really to the crowds who gather in the Bay, or rush to the beach.