+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Re: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    The missus has had that for about a week and a half she's getting better now I had a bad chest aching from the knees down as if i'd ran a marathon and bunged up. Don't usually have a cold/flu that bad
    If either of you think you have the virus you should get tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If either of you think you have the virus you should get tested.
    The message you were referring to was posted in April.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Personally, I think the UK is one of the few countries to have gotten the handling of this correct - albeit late.
    This went well.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This went well.....
    The message you are referring to was posted in April. This kid must have you wound up about summat. You usually reserve your thread bumping to people who have really maddened you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Is there any evidence that you get immunity at all?..genuine question
    Not much evidence. Some strong indications that immunity will be short lived. However, immunity from vaccinations often lasts longer than immunity from contracting the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    The message you are referring to was posted in April. This kid must have you wound up about summat. You usually reserve your thread bumping to people who have really maddened you.
    Of course it was posted in April, you dull twat. That was the point. It demonstrates that, while he was desperately attempting to portray himself as some sort of Covid-19 expert, he actually didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Incidentally, I didn't bump the thread. Jimmy did that yesterday. All but the stupidest among us could have worked that out really quickly by looking at the messages others have posted above mine during the last 24 hours, but I can understand your error. After all, you only have eyes for me.

Of course it was posted in April, you dull twat. That was the point. It demonstrates that, while he was desperately attempting to portray himself as some sort of Covid-19 expert, he actually didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

Incidentally, I didn't bump the thread. Jimmy did that yesterday. All but the stupidest among us could have worked that out really quickly by looking at the messages others have posted above mine during the last 24 hours, but I can understand your error. After all, you only have eyes for me.
    Dude, you are hilarious. You quoted one line from a long post. Then claim it is proof he "doesn't know what he was talking about".

You sound rattled my old son.

Why would this post make you so aggrieved to resort to that type of comment ?
    Hardly trying to portray myself as any kind of expert . Just sharing a strongly felt opinion .
    As a previous poster has pointed out there have been some positive steps in understanding the disease.
    Still looks like you will have to get it before we get back to any kind of normality from where I am standing .
    Or we have to keep trying to dodge it and normality will look like this for a very very long time .
    Its an opinion, if my posts are causing you such distress , dont read them , or just refrain from commenting in such a scathing manner...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Still looks like you will have to get it before we get back to any kind of normality from where I am standing .
    What are you basing that on? Have you got some information that shows that, once you have caught it, you are immune for ever?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...study-suggests

Some people have a misconception that Covid-19 is like other infectious diseases such as measles which confer life-long immunity. But there is no current evidence to exclude the possibility of Covid-19 re-infection.

Given the significant mortality and morbidity rates of Covid-19 everyone would do well to do everything they can to avoid it. The only way to get some kind of normality is to attempt to eliminate the virus from the community using test, trace and isolate with strict border controls. Other countries have shown this can be done but it requires the political will to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Why would this post make you so aggrieved to resort to that type of comment ?
    Hardly trying to portray myself as any kind of expert . Just sharing a strongly felt opinion .
    I wasn't talking about you, JJ. Not sure why you thought I was. I was referring to the board's resident scientific expert who claimed back in April that the UK was one of a few countries in the world that was handling the pandemic properly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Some people have a misconception that Covid-19 is like other infectious diseases such as measles which confer life-long immunity. But there is no current evidence to exclude the possibility of Covid-19 re-infection.

Given the significant mortality and morbidity rates of Covid-19 everyone would do well to do everything they can to avoid it. The only way to get some kind of normality is to attempt to eliminate the virus from the community using test, trace and isolate with strict border controls. Other countries have shown this can be done but it requires the political will to make it happen.
    Borders have already re-opened, and by the time spikes are reported in those countries it is too late to close borders effectively.

We are now at a stage of "regional lockdowns". However, what is stopping people travelling from Manchester to London today? Absolutely nothing. People were questioning Drakeford's "5 mile radius" logic, with lisvaneblue claiming that it herded people into hotspots. No, what the 5 mile radius did was ensure that the virus didn't spread quickly.

Borders have already re-opened, and by the time spikes are reported in those countries it is too late to close borders effectively.

We are now at a stage of "regional lockdowns". However, what is stopping people travelling from Manchester to London today? Absolutely nothing. People were questioning Drakeford's "5 mile radius" logic, with lisvaneblue claiming that it herded people into hotspots. No, what the 5 mile radius did was ensure that the virus didn't spread quickly.
    I stand by what I said. The 5 mile rule effectively kept people in areas with high infection rates within those areas. All Covid needs in order to spread is to find another host, be it within 5 miles or 500. If you concentrate people within areas where the virus is prevalent then it is more likely to find 'hosts'. An extreme example being care homes.
    The other side of the coin is that if you live in an area with a low rate then the 5 mile rule in theory helps keep the incidence low. In Wales that only really happened in the more remote areas of Cardigan and Powys.
    Drakeford's rule also seem to ignore the fact that Wales has a 120mile long border with England and anyone living with 5 miles of that could drive over the border and from there anywhere in England. The whole thing was a nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I stand by what I said. The 5 mile rule effectively kept people in areas with high infection rates within those areas. All Covid needs in order to spread is to find another host, be it within 5 miles or 500. If you concentrate people within areas where the virus is prevalent then it is more likely to find 'hosts'. An extreme example being care homes.
    Which is where local reintroduction of lockdowns comes in. Allowing people from a high infection area to travel makes it even more likely for the virus to find hosts and spread further.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Which is where local reintroduction of lockdowns comes in. Allowing people from a high infection area to travel makes it even more likely for the virus to find hosts and spread further.
    The local lockdowns in England are to keep people apart..ie stop them meeting in groups etc etc. Travel is not restricted.
    We have not had any local lockdowns in Wales, just national initiatives including the 5 mile rule, which if it was so good should be in action now in Wrexham.

In Wales the areas with the highest incidence are a long way from the English border, so no excuses for those who live close to the border and could catch it in England. They are Cardiff, Rhondda, Swansea, and worse of all are Wrexham and Merthyr.

The there is no scientific evidence that the 5 mile rule worked. It was imposed on a whim.

Banned

The local lockdowns in England are to keep people apart..ie stop them meeting in groups etc etc. Travel is not restricted.
    We have not had any local lockdowns in Wales, just national initiatives including the 5 mile rule, which if it was so good should be in action now in Wrexham.

In Wales the areas with the highest incidence are a long way from the English border, so no excuses for those who live close to the border and could catch it in England. They are Cardiff, Rhondda, Swansea, and worse of all are Wrexham and Merthyr.

The there is no scientific evidence that the 5 mile rule worked. It was imposed on a whim.
    OK, you're going to have to explain to me how it makes sense to stop two people meeting in one house in Blackburn, but there is nothing in the guidelines to stop a family from Blackburn popping down to Birmingham for a weekend to meet their family there.

Surely, if there was a 5 mile radius, that example family wouldn't have the opportunity to potentially visit a different City and to potentially cause the spread of the virus from Blackburn to Birmingham?

There is no scientific evidence that letting people go wherever they want, especially for their meat, doesn't pose a threat.

OK, you're going to have to explain to me how it makes sense to stop two people meeting in one house in Blackburn, but there is nothing in the guidelines to stop a family from Blackburn popping down to Birmingham for a weekend to meet their family there.

Surely, if there was a 5 mile radius, that example family wouldn't have the opportunity to potentially visit a different City and to potentially cause the spread of the virus from Blackburn to Birmingham?
    Depends on who their 'local' butcher is.

Or just to do something a little different to BoJo in England, as it sure as hell looked like that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Or just to do something a little different to BoJo in England, as it sure as hell looked like that
    Wales' record in preventing deaths and the spread of Covid has been more successful than England. Is that a wrong approach?

Wales' record in preventing deaths and the spread of Covid has been more successful than England. Is that a wrong approach?
    So far, has it just postponed it ? ? ?

Surely delaying it as long as possible is the right thing to do?

You may be right, I'm not going to crow because on a day when some papers were headlining with the sort of drastic restrictions that are, reportedly, being considered for England, you could sit in a pub and have a pint and meet in groups of thirty in Wales because we are seeing that the situation can soon change, but there is an irony when you remember all of those on here who were castigating the Welsh Government for their caution at the time the UK Government were falling over themselves trying to find new things they could open up. I'm biased, but it seems to me that the case is virtually proven that the UK Government, and the Welsh one, went into lockdown too late and the evidence is surely mounting that Johnson and co tried to come out of it too quickly.

There is no scientific evidence that letting people go wherever they want, especially for their meat, doesn't pose a threat.
    You may be pleased to know that eventually I got to Brecon once Drakeford allowed it. Deep into Powys and came back with some good Welsh lamb and no Covid issues.

At the time I wrote to my AM about the travel restrictions preventing me from zipping up the A 470 and she recommended three butchers in North Cardiff. Point is if I had the virus I could pass it on to a butcher be it in Cardiff or Brecon. If the butcher had the virus in either town he could pass it on to me. But the chances of the butchers being contagious in Cardiff was a greater risk as it was a hot spot, whereas Powys was and is not.

You know the way the virus spreads and in my view Wales has moderately well by imposing very strict stay at home guidance, but failed with testing. The 5 mile travel rule was suspect because it kept many people in Wales stuck in hot spots eg You could travel anywhere as long as it was within your hot spot. Ridiculous really.

Big problem in Wrexham right now and no imposition of the travel restrictions says a lot. So someone from that town could travel to Blackburn or Birmingham, or even Cardiff, and the Wales Government cares not a toss. Why? Probably because they now know that the 5 mile rule was a load of tosh

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You may be right, I'm not going to crow because on a day when some papers were headlining with the sort of drastic restrictions that are, reportedly, being considered for England, you could sit in a pub and have a pint and meet in groups of thirty in Wales because we are seeing that the situation can soon change, but there is an irony when you remember all of those on here who were castigating the Welsh Government for their caution at the time the UK Government were falling over themselves trying to find new things they could open up. I'm biased, but it seems to me that the case is virtually proven that the UK Government, and the Welsh one, went into lockdown too late and the evidence is surely mounting that Johnson and co tried to come out of it too quickly.
    This is where comparisons become difficult because different governments are doing similar things at different times. Are we in Wales better at managing the virus? are the population more compliant? or are we following the same path as England but on a different time line?

Are where does 'common sense' as BoJo calls it fit in. This message board is alive with people who have taken the plunge with season tickets. Some must be over 50, maybe over 60 and in the high risk group should they catch Covid. Why take the chance?, cold weather to come, crowded trains, full pubs, pinch points on entrance and exit to the ground.

They do it because they have hopefully weighed up the risks and decided it's worth it. No different really to what governments in the UK do on behalf on the population. No different really to the crowds who gather in the Bay, or rush to the beach.