Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
I knew people in Wuhan and they basically had to stay at home for about a month. and weren't allowed outside without masks or being challenged about where they were going. their lockdown was way stricer than anything we have seen
Yes, we were asked to stay at home as well and that ran into several weeks. Plus travel only if essential and then only 5 miles max, unless for work, medical help etc. I agree with the stay at home but not the 5 mile rule

In Cardiff for example 5 mile rule meant I couldn't even cross the city, and Cardiff had a high incidence with about 1 person in every 150 having caught the virus.
So not being able to travel I join the queue at the local supermarket knowing that there is a better than average chance of me bumping into someone with the virus. akin to saying that if you want to get rundown stand on a busy road.
I know it's counter intuitive but the idea that its better to stay in the cooking pot than risk spreading it elsewhere is a nonsense and will likely increase the rate of transmission locally.
And if it was such a successful idea why are they not now applying it in Wrexham.....Why...because there is no evidence that it was necessary or effective