+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concerning news - S Korea

Banned

Re: Concerning news - S Korea

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You're making a few assumptions about what I'm saying there which aren't true. Of course something like this should be followed up, as opposed to forgotten about on the assumption that they were part of a huge sample. All I'm saying is that the overall number that ninety one comes from is of huge significance as to how big a problem this could be given that there always seems to be a small minority that test positive twice in any pandemic. As for those results from China, they've been knocking around for a little time now and I would have thought there would have been more figures to back it up by now from that Connery if they existed - I would qualify that by saying I would be more confident in that view if it involved a country other than China.
    We really need more data from more countries.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'm getting really pissed off with your ridiculous fixation on this one point. Yes it is officially against guidance, but the original message regarding this was very clear that they were still observing distancing and sitting in the garden. it may be against the letter of the guidelines, but it's not against the spirit. The situation described holds a lot less risk than people who take more shopping trips than strictly needed or who are walking round busy areas in the middle of the day(both of which would be within the guidelines). The way you've fixated on this is quite frankly moronish. I did think you were taking a bit of unjustified stick off people, but when I see the comments like this I understand why people think you're a knob.
    People, generally, think I am a knob because it is an easier line of attack, rather than talking about the veracity of my claims.

The Government guidelines specify that you can go out for these reasons.

Stay at home
    Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
    If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
    Wash your hands as soon as you get home
    Do not meet others, even friends or family.

You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nerable-adults

The Prime Minister of the country elaborated by saying

"That’s all – these are the only reasons you should leave your home. You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say no."

There is no "spirit" of the law, this isn't the offside rule.

Banned

But immunity is never guaranteed in all people. Immunity relies on your immune system working. If people are very poorly then they wont have an effective immune memory or response. That means that the numbers who get reinfected are important.
    That will enable people to work out if re infection is down to something about the patients, or if it's something that the disease is likely to do in everyone.
    We haven't even scratched the surface of knowledge about this virus yet. But there are lots of great people all around the world investigating, so i'm sure this is being looked into
    I agree. My main thought, on seeing this story, was that I felt it needed to be shared on this forum because there is a poster here who claims he has had it (not tested, but knew someone who had it. Not a fanciful claim, but possibly not accurate either). He then said, "I feel invincible". I pointed out that may not be the case, and this story should, I hope, make him think again about his Superman status.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    In what way do you think the above story is something to beat South Korea up about? China also reported reinfection, although that was largely thought to be because the original diagnosis was wrong. If South Koreans can get reinfected (and this story needs further detail), then it implies that any nations' citizens can get reinfected.

I think this story may have links to some people having exposure to covid-19 are not showing strong antibodies.

Now, I appreciate that some people here see things in black and white - and come up with disgraceful slurs such as me "revelling" in this.

The main reason I posted this story was to alert people who are walking around thinking "I've had it, though I've not been tested. I am immune, because I've had it". They really need to think again - and we have one such poster here (and this is not me attacking the person, I am attacking his belief that he is invincible). He has been very sick recently, by how own admission. It is great he has recovered, but the last thing I want is to see him, and people like him, getting stung by reinfection.
    No need to worry about me. I've not left the house.
    I tell a lie I've left the house twice in 3 weeks both to go shopping.
    Even then I've worn gloves to shop in Asda. And then changed into another pair to drive back. I'm not being brass about it and I'm still taking it serious with social distancing if I do get a chance to get out.
    Drinking out my back garden everyday in this weather.

Really enjoyed reading this thread whilst eating my breakfast granola and fruit. The fellowship of CCMB'rs is strong as ever..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    No need to worry about me. I've not left the house.
    I tell a lie I've left the house twice in 3 weeks both to go shopping.
    Even then I've worn gloves to shop in Asda. And then changed into another pair to drive back. I'm not being brass about it and I'm still taking it serious with social distancing if I do get a chance to get out.
    Drinking out my back garden everyday in this weather.
    Good stuff, glad you are feeling better. Stay well!!!

I've stopped listening to all the news. Newspapers. Everyone is saying something different. At first I was taken in by them all and believed what I wanted to believe but nobody has any solid data or real facts. Trust nothing you read and stay at home with a few beers until all this blows over if your not a key worker.
    I'm sick of reading so much doom and gloom. You shouldn't do this, you shouldn't do that. You should do this, you should do that.
    Just stay at home as shit as it is and forget the news online it's all bollux without data is my view

Similar here, Bob. I limit myself to the headlines on the BBC text service as I have no interest in listening to what any news channels have to say. The few people I come within two metres of on my hound walking routes who wish to have a yap are also swerved sharpish as there's only one topic on everyone's lips.

People, generally, think I am a knob because it is an easier line of attack, rather than talking about the veracity of my claims.
    I've got some bad news for you. That's not the reason.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's unlike you to post a downbeat story.....
    Of course it's relevant, but you really do seem to be revelling in this.
    I'm not getting personal. I don't have a clue who you are and I couldn't care less either. I'm just saying that you very definitely seem to be revelling in this.
    I've got some bad news for you. That's not the reason.
    Four responses in this thread. Zero on subject (possibly #2 touches on it). The rest is ad hominem drivel, interspersed with desperate attempts to get your victory by vacuous wit to win the day.

In other words, you are trolling.

The Government guidelines specify that you can go out for these reasons.

Stay at home
    Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
    If you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times
    Wash your hands as soon as you get home
    Do not meet others, even friends or family.

You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nerable-adults

The Prime Minister of the country elaborated by saying

"That’s all – these are the only reasons you should leave your home. You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say no."

There is no "spirit" of the law, this isn't the offside rule.
    disagree completely with you. The law is designed to stop transmission. The scenario that was outlined was outside the guidelines but showed a big effort to be safe. It's certainly not as big a transmission risk aas people who go to get a paper everyday and go to the shops everyday. Like I said, I did feel you were getting unwarranted stick. But you're really just making yourself look daft now

disagree completely with you. The law is designed to stop transmission. The scenario that was outlined was outside the guidelines but showed a big effort to be safe. It's certainly not as big a transmission risk aas people who go to get a paper everyday and go to the shops everyday. Like I said, I did feel you were getting unwarranted stick. But you're really just making yourself look daft now
    It's true that if you travel to a park on your own and sit on your own and travel home on your own, it's incredibly unlikely you'll contract or transmit it. But if the guidelines allow that then people will bend them and it'll be unsafe. So the guidelines need to be stricter than necessary to allow for the number of people who will break it.

You and 80%+ of people will do the right thing, it's the selfish ones that ruin it and necessitate stricter rules.

Banned

So, I am "looking daft" for pointing out that the rules are clear on reasons for leaving the house, and that this is further clarified by the Prime Minister saying that we should not be meeting friends.

Ok.

I've stopped listening to all the news. Newspapers. Everyone is saying something different. At first I was taken in by them all and believed what I wanted to believe but nobody has any solid data or real facts. Trust nothing you read and stay at home with a few beers until all this blows over if your not a key worker.
    I'm sick of reading so much doom and gloom. You shouldn't do this, you shouldn't do that. You should do this, you should do that.
    Just stay at home as shit as it is and forget the news online it's all bollux without data is my view
    Well said .

Of course if you are a government minister making the rules , they don't apply.... wonder why that is?

Think is probably sensible. My one issue with it is that if we forget that WHO declared "emergency of international concern” on 30/01/2020, that first cases in UK were by 31/01/2020 and no real action was taken by UK government until 20/03/2020 (https://bylinetimes.com/2020/04/11/a...avirus-crisis/). Or that UK government is saying sufficient PPE if it's used more than once but health professionals on the ground are saying that's not how you use PPE at all. Or that instead of asking questions that they were asking of the Italian response 2 weeks ago the UK media is instead filled with stories about what TV Boris Johnson is watching in recovery....

We're still waiting for the report into Russian interference into UK politics and report on Boris' Garden Bridge has been declared not for public viewing to project interests of trust now in liquidation. Have no doubt that right thing is to look after yourself instead but there is a huge amount of information missing now, and arguably the obfuscation of information which has been practiced for a long time by Boris Johnson is now costing hundreds of lives.