+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How many posters on this forum do you know in real life?

Re: How many posters on this forum do you know in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Strikers I think was at the football club.
    Whereas penydarren social club is in penydarren ?

Remember a pre season with the martyrs many years ago , the social club was packed as was the ground

Then a few years ago a load of pissed up youngsters caused a load of hassle after coming up on the train from cardiff

Stupid sods

Havnt been back since

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Remember a pre season with the martyrs many years ago , the social club was packed as was the ground

Then a few years ago a load of pissed up youngsters caused a load of hassle after coming up on the train from cardiff

Stupid sods

Havnt been back since
    Best day I had at Merthyr was the Youth Cup Final v Swansea. Won 6 nil. Loads of City there. No Jacks.

Is that the old strikers club ?
    No the Penydarren Social Club. Not far from the football club.

Stupid sods

Havnt been back since
    Yes they ruined that friendly was a great day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Strikers I think was at the football club.
    Strikers now demolished. Fantastic place. Spent many a night there.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I’m banned from the club.

I’m banned from the club.

You broke out your segregated area?

Strikers now demolished. Fantastic place. Spent many a night there.
    Would’ve been Sludges sort of place on a Thursday in the 90s. Plenty of dirty 30s, naughty 40s, nifty 50s and sexually starved 60s. He could’ve left the rohypnol at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Would’ve been Sludges sort of place on a Thursday in the 90s. Plenty of dirty 30s, naughty 40s, nifty 50s and sexually starved 60s. He could’ve left the rohypnol at home.
    Didn't they used to have a grab a granny night in Baverstocks at one time?

No the Penydarren Social Club. Not far from the football club.
    Penydarren had a decent side when i played against them a few years ago, pissing about in the third div of the welsh league, it was ****ing crap, but Penydarren had some decent players, which was a change to play against.

Sounds scary, those events are why alcohol was invented.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Didn't they used to have a grab a granny night in Baverstocks at one time?
    As if you didn’t know

Yes they did, on a Thursday too I think.

Baverstocks is now a residential care home (not joking).

As if you didn’t know

For the people who used to attend on Thursdays no doubt

As if you didn’t know

So, Baverstocks is still pretty much the same fodder in it's present form, concerning Sludge.

A Thursday night! ****ing bollocksed in work all day Friday Would't get away with that now.

If I remember rightly it had age restrictions where you had to be over 21 or something daft. I went in with a load of older blokes as I was pissed from being at a funeral wake. I attracted the attention of a woman from Pontlottyn who I think wanted to mother me by offering me breast feeding by the way she kept on pushing my head into her tits? After she whispered how she would use a few of her party pieces into my ear, I told her the only thing a sane, heterosexual could do.

“Look love I’m gay.”

I left and spent the next hour in Baverstocks car park ****ing petrified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So, Baverstocks is still pretty much the same fodder in it's present form, concerning Sludge.
    Still no need to wade into his rohypnol either. I’d imagine the Valium and zopli one the residents are plied with would do the trick.

If I remember rightly it had age restrictions where you had to be over 21 or something daft. I went in with a load of older blokes as I was pissed from being at a funeral wake. I attracted the attention of a woman from Pontlottyn who I think wanted to mother me by offering me breast feeding by the way she kept on pushing my head into her tits? After she whispered how she would use a few of her party pieces into my ear, I told her the only thing a sane, heterosexual could do.

“Look love I’m gay.”

I left and spent the next hour in Baverstocks car park ****ing petrified.

Talking of Pontlottyn, can you remember the club that used to have a disco on a Saturday night? I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure it went by the nickname of 'the spunk-shed'. Had a few good nights in there
    I'm pretty sure its been demolished now.

Talking of Pontlottyn, can you remember the club that used to have a disco on a Saturday night? I can't remember the name of it, but I'm sure it went by the nickname of 'the spunk-shed'. Had a few good nights in there
    I'm pretty sure its been demolished now.
    ‘The Spunk Shed’ (Pontlottyn Legion) was the place to go on a Sunday. Still makes me chuckle thinking about the place.

Made a couple of walks of shame from Fochriw after dazzling the women folk with my full set of teeth and ability not to dribble saliva down my chops whilst speaking. In their eternal gratitude for my humble nature and sparkling charisma one thoughtfully gave me an STI.

I can laugh about it now...

‘The Spunk Shed’ (Pontlottyn Legion) was the place to go on a Sunday. Still makes me chuckle thinking about the place.

Made a couple of walks of shame from Fochriw after dazzling the women folk with my full set of teeth and ability not to dribble saliva down my chops whilst speaking. In their eternal gratitude for my humble nature and sparkling charisma one thoughtfully gave me an STI.

I can laugh about it now...

Rhymney Workies was another I frequented. We'd start off in that club on the corner that had a snooker table with bunkers on it. The air was thick with weed and there were people doing lines on the bar
    Pulled a couple of 'ladies' from New Tredegar the one night. That was an experience I'll never forget.

Rhymney Workies was another I frequented. We'd start off in that club on the corner that had a snooker table with bunkers on it. The air was thick with weed and there were people doing lines on the bar
    Pulled a couple of 'ladies' from New Tredegar the one night. That was an experience I'll never forget.
    New Tredegar, **** me you’re brave!

Remember ‘The County Hotel’ in Ebbw Vale? With lads I used to watch City with I got persuaded to spend a Friday night in Ebbw Vale. It’s the only place I left with both a shag mark on the neck and a thick lip from some ****ing looper from Brynmawr.

New Tredegar, **** me you’re brave!

Remember ‘The County Hotel’ in Ebbw Vale? With lads I used to watch City with I got persuaded to spend a Friday night in Ebbw Vale. It’s the only place I left with both a shag mark on the neck and a thick lip from some ****ing looper from Brynmawr.
    Yeah, sadly The County Hotel is no longer there. Had some great nights in there. I remember I pulled some fat bird the one night, bought her a kebab and told her I loved her, the rest is history. The following weekend she comes up to me at the beginning of the night when I'm stone cold sober and with all my mates, and says ''Hiya, you going to buy me a drink then?'' panic stricken and full of embarrassment in front of my mates who I'd not mentioned the previous weekends shenanigans for obvious reasons. I blurted out ''I can't sorry love, my missus is over there." She then launched her Bacardi and Coke straight in my face, much to the amusement of not only my mates, but the rest of the pub too

I'm from Brynmawr, but it wasn't me

You broke out your segregated area?
    No my missus has banned me because drinking in the club with a bookies attached to it is not ideal when you’re a compulsive gambler 😂

I love it down there. What a place. Can’t beat a social club.

Yeah, sadly The County Hotel is no longer there. Had some great nights in there. I remember I pulled some fat bird the one night, bought her a kebab and told her I loved her, the rest is history. The following weekend she comes up to me at the beginning of the night when I'm stone cold sober and with all my mates, and says ''Hiya, you going to buy me a drink then?'' panic stricken and full of embarrassment in front of my mates who I'd not mentioned the previous weekends shenanigans for obvious reasons. I blurted out ''I can't sorry love, my missus is over there." She then launched her Bacardi and Coke straight in my face, much to the amusement of not only my mates, but the rest of the pub too

I'm from Brynmawr, but it wasn't me
    Brynmawr. The Tal and the Rugby club were Christmas do venues when I was employed by the council over there. That was entertaining. Still the coldest place I’ve been to around South East Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Penydarren had a decent side when i played against them a few years ago, pissing about in the third div of the welsh league, it was ****ing crap, but Penydarren had some decent players, which was a change to play against.
    They’ve had several promotions on the spin and got to the quarters of the Welsh Cup 2 years ago. I think theyve found their level now though. 2 off the WPL. 3rd tier of Welsh football I believe.

They were the enemy when I was younger. I played for Georgetown who produced most of the professional footballers from the town. We had a bitter rivalry. These days Penydarren have left Georgetown in their wake. Got a good set up down there,